We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nodz86

Posted by The Mole at 6:21 pm on Friday October 10, 2008 Amidst all the excitement of sending the presenters off to Vietnam we seem to have forgotten to mention when the new series of Top Gear is actually back on the telly.

TV scheduling is of course a murky business, and one that’s largely out of the production team’s hands.

The BBC actually has dedicated scheduling people and they use a variety of techniques to decide when shows should be on air, often revolving around sacrificing a chicken and reading the entrails, throwing a variety of different sized fruits at a wall and seeing which ones stick or feeding a pile of DVDs to a cow and seeing which one gets pooed out first.

Although in fairness, all those things only happened when we let The Stig go on attachment to the scheduling department.

Anyway, the upshot is that Top Gear was going to be back on 26 October but then there turned out to be some sport on or something and as a result the new series will now start on Sunday 2 November.

So don’t move a muscle until then.

Actually you probably should move at least some muscles. Otherwise you’ll get really hungry and start to smell.

Source TG blog

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some pictures on the web of the Top Gear lot testin 3 Bugatti Veyrons against a Koenigsegg CCX in Dubai!

I dont know if its confirmed but it would be kinda awesome!!

That was for the magazine (august edition I think) in the UK. It was they TG mag reviewers not clarkson, hamster, and may

• 2 weeks later...
Accoring to my TVDrive its Parky in the resonably priced car and they have to buy second hand Trucks ! ... I presume the UK meaning of trucks rather than the American one.

They do race (UK) Trucks around a track in the trailer for Series 12. So I'm presuming it is the UK trucks the article was on about :)

Accoring to my TVDrive its Parky in the resonably priced car and they have to buy second hand Trucks ! ... I presume the UK meaning of trucks rather than the American one.

They do race (UK) Trucks around a track in the trailer for Series 12. So I'm presuming it is the UK trucks the article was on about :)

In the advert they look like them ones in Asia way where they decorate them with lights,

yeah when they're personal tractor units (or truck cabs depending upon how you want to call them) they do sometimes get covered in lights in the UK

as to the trailer ... looks like it could be Millbrook proving ground where they have the trucks ... but then could also be MIRA or perhaps even some MOD place

roll on Sunday night

they decorate them with lights in the UK as well, just depends whether its a company truck or not, being a owner-operator means you can accesorise how you like but i think you can buy your company truck to put on lights etc etc

can't wait for the new series

Alot of companies let drivers do it to there vehicles aswell but as you say it is mainly owner drivers. but this is what I ment by the asian ones

truck.jpg

That is one of the more extreme ones but most are getting that way. Where as ours tend to be more like this

scania-highline2.JPG

Anyways i didnt really see the add properly so i might have been mistaken, but we shall see on sunday.