We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

It works

TDU-RAZOR

well i got tdu on xbox now - and it works, someone tell me how on earth they got it so wrong for the pc... i can switch profiles without losing my save game, it doesnt lag, hang, crash or even require a toolkit ;lol

the amount of time when i leave the map and transport to a location before the other online players show up makes a high tech pc seem slower than my first kiss, even the dam graphics look the same as with an 8800 GPU which proves it simply was a console conversion.

its really surprising just how much they is wrong with it on the pc version, only had one problem with my 360 version, i had to download racing guilds 2 car pack twice because the first time it didnt install the f40 into my game files.

well i guess pc gaming is really dying even ea have announced they wont be making any titles for the pc platform anymore. shame nasty developers, tut tut.

anyway so now it works, anyone interesting in making a club with me, i need to belong to a club whos members are online everyday, im one hardcore gamer with an average of above 100hrs play per week easy.

because i only got xbox and tdu 2days i still havent got all single player stuff sorted yet, dont have many cars, in fact only got ferraris as of yet, but give me 2-3days, will have everything...

so club offers come forward and voice yourselfs, i can handle the clubs website and other stuff too, but like i say need dedicated gamers, dont want to be a member of a offline club.

later...

well i got tdu on xbox now - and it works, someone tell me how on earth they got it so wrong for the pc... i can switch profiles without losing my save game, it doesnt lag, hang, crash or even require a toolkit ;lol

the amount of time when i leave the map and transport to a location before the other online players show up makes a high tech pc seem slower than my first kiss, even the dam graphics look the same as with an 8800 GPU which proves it simply was a console conversion.

its really surprising just how much they is wrong with it on the pc version, only had one problem with my 360 version, i had to download racing guilds 2 car pack twice because the first time it didnt install the f40 into my game files.

well i guess pc gaming is really dying even ea have announced they wont be making any titles for the pc platform anymore. shame nasty developers, tut tut.

anyway so now it works, anyone interesting in making a club with me, i need to belong to a club whos members are online everyday, im one hardcore gamer with an average of above 100hrs play per week easy.

because i only got xbox and tdu 2days i still havent got all single player stuff sorted yet, dont have many cars, in fact only got ferraris as of yet, but give me 2-3days, will have everything...

so club offers come forward and voice yourselfs, i can handle the clubs website and other stuff too, but like i say need dedicated gamers, dont want to be a member of a offline club.

later...

PC gaming is dead?

You are really stupid. Why are games like GTA IV, Saints Row 2, Farcry 2, Crysis, Crysis Warhead coming to the pc? Console are crap (my opinion) the graphiqs are really bad and most games play better with keyboard and mouse. The xbox 360 couldn't even handel Crysis because it was that slow.

Why do you think company's like Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Ati are making new and better thing for the pc? They dont do that if it's dead.

PC gaming isn't dead it's alive and it will own the console (like it always does)

wow i always seem to end up with this limited response that im claiming pc gaming is dead/dying... what i mean when i say PC gaming is dying i mean...

whats best way to word this ?

games developers are putting more and more effort into developing titles and content for the consoles rather than for the PC just lately because its proving to be more cost affective. Which wasnt the case over 5yrs ago when the majority of focus was indeed on the PC rather than the consoles of yester years.

and the proof to this would of cause be the latest press release that EA Games are indeed not going to produce any more titles for the PC. as for your response about the graphics companys providing better hardware, they would have to do this even if gaming wasnt an option on a personal computer. as the games are made on a PC.

not that i wish to get into another "razor says that pc gaming is dead and hes a idiot" campaign again, but rather make a point that PC gaming is not quite what it use to be.

PS - i dont suppose you wanna join my xbox 360 TDU Club then ???

Razor is right - PC Gaming *as we best know it* is dying.

Developers get more money for doing console games, publishers make more money selling console games, and they cost less to make in terms of only having one or two hardware variations which you can test and optimise for much better. OK the hardware in a console might be a few generations behind the PC, but when the hardware level is fixed you can really push the limits knowing that if it works on one console it'll work on all of them.

PC gaming as a genre isn't dead - it'll move to casual games, games that run on low-spec computers, and subscription based online games. But the single player AAA game exlcusively for the PC is practically a dodo.

lol fanboys

Why do you think we got games like Crysis & Farcry? Console's cant handel that. Farcry 2 is now coming to the console but it still looks way better on the pc.

And yes offcourse they make more money. But the pc business is the fastest groing business.

Casual gamers? Lol those noobs games yes (my opinion). But you also got the highend gaming (Crysis, Farcy).

Offcourse i dont want to join your club. Why would i? I dont have a xbox 360 and i'm not going to buy a crappy old console. And i'm already in a club.

lol fanboys
Fanboy of what exactly? I'm a PC gamer.

Why do you think we got games like Crysis & Farcry? Console's cant handel that. Farcry 2 is now coming to the console but it still looks way better on the pc.
Crysis was the nail in the coffin - it didn't sell well enough to justify making again. Farcry 2 will sell many times more on the console than the PC. So what if you can make a game look better on the PC - if you don't make your money back on it then it's dead business.

And yes offcourse they make more money. But the pc business is the fastest groing business.
What do you mean by fastest growing exactly?

Casual gamers? Lol those noobs games yes (my opinion). But you also got the highend gaming (Crysis, Farcy).
Your 'highend gaming' doesn't make enough money - 'highend' PC players pirate more than they buy.

Can you still call something a noob game if it's 10x more popular than your favourite games, or is it just pointless elitism?

Fanboy of what exactly? I'm a PC gamer.

Crysis was the nail in the coffin - it didn't sell well enough to justify making again. Farcry 2 will sell many times more on the console than the PC. So what if you can make a game look better on the PC - if you don't make your money back on it then it's dead business.

What do you mean by fastest growing exactly?

Your 'highend gaming' doesn't make enough money - 'highend' PC players pirate more than they buy.

Can you still call something a noob game if it's 10x more popular than your favourite games, or is it just pointless elitism?

I mean by fastest growing. That the pc is the fastest growing almost every day there come's new hardware etc...

Why cant i call something a noob game? It's my opinion but most players dont got a live. And yes offcourse there are more people who play that. Because not everyone has a fast pc.

But i really dont care about those people with a console. I have played both xbox 360 & PS3 but i really dont know why people buy it. Yes offcourse there are some reasons:

- Cheap

- Exclusive games

- Mulitplayer (on inthernet)

But the pc offers more (i think)

- controls (with shooters)

- Multitasking (msn, gaming, watch youtube)

- Add hardware

- Everyone has one

SLRRR you call them fanboys when it is in fact you who exudes fanboy the most. Anyway PC gaming is dwindling and the reason is piracy. Infinity Ward said themselves they sold about 2 million copies on PC yet 10 million were trying to connect to their servers. On console you know what you can play with and you know that buy to pirate ratio is going to be small and also that it will guarantee a return. Also you have a proven network in Xbox Live and PSN as well you know as kalniel said if your game works on the dev boxes then it will work on the rest of them too.

I'm not putting down PC gaming or anything but to think their is no advantage or sense in being a console gamer just doesn't make sense to me. It's all about playing games to be honest, you open the box, open the tray and play the game. With a PC you could be lucky and have this happen for you but what about 2-3 years down the line, upgrading is needed and I can be sure that the cost to upgrade would be more than what the console would cost and with todays graphics it's good enough and every 5-10 years will get better all the time with every new console release.

=================================================

Back on topic, TDU 360 was a dog on release day, it took them 2-3 months I think to get it working smoothly and even then the Trade and Diners were still going down and you could easily lose money in a sale. The jump to friends did usually work well to be honest as did the time for players to jump in to your session, it hasn't been all smooth but they did get it fixed all be it taking them about 3 months to do so. In this time I am sure they have been tinkering away and practising with the servers which is good as it will set them up well for TDU2. :D

Crysis is a direct result of a partnership with EA Games, it was built as a result of EA Games taking small one time developer (Crytek) under their wing after seeing cryteks game engine in action during the reign of farcry.

However, since EA Games and Crytek have become close to each other in a business sense, What will happen when this merger or interest ends ?

Will Crytek blame the loss of earnings on Crysis, as a result of bad influence from EA Games. and create another game in the furture, or will they sit back and think...

Theres only one more game to come from the crysis trilogy !!!

Because when all said and done, EA Games have already publically declared that they wont be supporting PC Gaming, and thats a big player in the gaming industry. so how long before others following suit ?

As for joining my club, not a problem. and since ive made some big mistakes on forums myself i will of course forgive you for calling me stupid, and move on from this, which reminds me...

i came here to check my other thread mainly :rolleyes:

Because when all said and done, EA Games have already publically declared that they wont be supporting PC Gaming, and thats a big player in the gaming industry. so how long before others following suit ?

Source?

EA has franchises which would never work on consoles just due to the way they are made

The Sims 3 is coming out next year, and i'm sure the usual avalanche of expansions will follow that. Sims doesnt really work very well on thing that arent PC, same goes for SimCity, Rail Simulator and other similar games

Source?

cant find the original interview it will be in EA archives somewhere, but the original interview led to the company releasing further clear up messages to the public.

read more...

EA has franchises which would never work on consoles just due to the way they are made

yea i understand this, but its more a case of my relaxed method of talking on a forum and keep forgetting that when i say something on a forum theres a hundred folk want to jump on it, as appose to when i say something in real life people have a more relaxed 1 sentence reply :lol:

its mainly they sports titles / and a few others that they stopping production of due to 2 main reasons demand & piracy...

he Sims 3 is coming out next year, and i'm sure the usual avalanche of expansions will follow that. Sims doesnt really work very well on thing that arent PC, same goes for SimCity, Rail Simulator and other similar games

well not to taken as a attack or anything but those titles i wouldnt play on any platform :thumbsup:

im kinda getting used to being attacked on this subject as most tdu players know im not the kinda person to keep my mouth shut when i have something to say. and the truth whether people like or dont is this. PC gaming is on a downward slope, and in the short run theres no sign at all that the slope is changing direction, but rest assured if it does i would be the first to switch back to a gamers rig and sell my consoles.

I understand also you wasnt attacking me im just typing in addition to my reply to you in a hope it makes people just a tad more understanding about what i mean "pc gaming is dying" thats all really. but as diablo has pointed out, piracy is becoming such a huge problem on the pc platform, so much so that the amount of pirate copys of anything way out the original copys thats forcing the gaming industry away.

but like ea games say if things turn around, the pc might make a comeback, but lets be honest do you think it will change ?

take care fella ...

Source?

The Sims 3 is coming out next year, and i'm sure the usual avalanche of expansions will follow that. Sims doesnt really work very well on thing that arent PC, same goes for SimCity, Rail Simulator and other similar games

Yep, I really hope you are right , I am a PC gamer, no consoles :(

o yea im pretty much gaming all day every day. usually start about 9am after dropping kids at school, then on it till like midnight at least everynight. so whats that ?

start > programs > accessories > calc ;LMAO = 15hrs per day so yea maybe just over just under a 100 hrs per week give or take depending if theres a wedding or something ;lol mind you i do sometimes miss days.... i dont work mate apart from taking kids school and odd trip out im always either gaming or talking gaming, etc. even take console/laptop to caravan with me and family each weekend these days. you should have seen the hours i put in when we started making the tdu-toolkit jesus not only playing the game to get screenie and info, but also programming and designed the actually toolkit, i had a wallchart the size of my kitchen wall making tdu-trader, still got it in loft

Like yourself.

Also you said you thought most people with Xbox's didn't have LIVE. I would disagree there. It's one of the reasons to own it.

lol

me a pc fanboy? PSP fanboy FTW :p

I didn't ment the xbox or the ps3 i ment those internet games on the pc. Like wow & runesscape

SLRRR you call them fanboys when it is in fact you who exudes fanboy the most. Anyway PC gaming is dwindling and the reason is piracy. Infinity Ward said themselves they sold about 2 million copies on PC yet 10 million were trying to connect to their servers. On console you know what you can play with and you know that buy to pirate ratio is going to be small and also that it will guarantee a return. Also you have a proven network in Xbox Live and PSN as well you know as kalniel said if your game works on the dev boxes then it will work on the rest of them too.

I'm not putting down PC gaming or anything but to think their is no advantage or sense in being a console gamer just doesn't make sense to me. It's all about playing games to be honest, you open the box, open the tray and play the game. With a PC you could be lucky and have this happen for you but what about 2-3 years down the line, upgrading is needed and I can be sure that the cost to upgrade would be more than what the console would cost and with todays graphics it's good enough and every 5-10 years will get better all the time with every new console release.

=================================================

Back on topic, TDU 360 was a dog on release day, it took them 2-3 months I think to get it working smoothly and even then the Trade and Diners were still going down and you could easily lose money in a sale. The jump to friends did usually work well to be honest as did the time for players to jump in to your session, it hasn't been all smooth but they did get it fixed all be it taking them about 3 months to do so. In this time I am sure they have been tinkering away and practising with the servers which is good as it will set them up well for TDU2. :D

Yes piracy is a big problem. Most people upgrade their system new videocard etc... and then download games. But you can mod your xbox and then you can also play downloaded games. But on xbox live i dont know:confused:

But with the pc its just that easy download, copy a thing and it's done thats the problem. But you cant call it dead.

btw:

I started a discussion i think :p

So Razor what do you live on!!?? Okay its none of my business!!!

Nice website by the way!

GC

OH FFS !!! just trust me i play a lot of games mate believe me... and for a very long time, and 100hrs in a week is as often as eating. but its not every week. why do ppl on forums have to dig out every word ;lol

hotcars mate its a dam pleasure to talk about me, and i would love to answer you my friend...

i live on food which my wife cooks, which i then eat, sometimes i eat playing poker whilst i have to only press a button once every 50secs, and sometimes i snack in which case i race with a hotdog dangling from my chin, other times i dont eat.

i suppose in last few weeks i prob havent come close to 50hrs gaming because of the flu and other things, but when i have no agenda i play games from waking up to going to sleep.

i always have, me and the wife fight all the time about it, i dont do enough round the house and she complains about it, i had to buy a laptop and a 4way router in order to please the family so i can game whilst they chat on msn.

some people watch 100hrs of tv, others go outdoors for 100hrs a wk - me i play games all day all week all year all the time.

a typical day for me would be....

8.30 am drive kids to school

9.15 am back home, if not need to go food shopping or anything fire up xbox

3.00 pm pick kids up

3.15 pm hand out over a tenner in pocket money to 4 kids

4.00 pm back on game

6-7 pm eat (i never eat breakfast and only snack at dinner)

then rest of time unless something wife wants to watch on tv back on game or laptop (poker, or make a program) my usually switch off time is midnight give or take, however when i was a mod for atari i was sometimes online for 3-4am.

last night i didnt sleep, woke up about 3am - been up since be sat on this forum all the night pretty much, ask diablo to check log in details.

trust me i know 100hrs per week pushes limits of gaming hrs, but believe me i can improve on 100hrs on occasions. and i totally understand your words even right down to the "its nothing to do with me" your trying to make me understand how many hrs are in that week.

i know TRUST ME IM ONE DEDICATED GAMER !!!

have been for 20+ years.... i dont have any other interests, no hobbies, dont watch tv, cant stand chatting, and i rarely see my family. my family and kids are always around, and thats all i need to stay sane. hell my wife sometimes holds my ***<<< C I G !!! in my mouth whilst im cruising on tdu.

im actually trying to think of something else to talk about, but i dont have anything, unless amanda or the kids need something i play games...

OH FFS !!! just trust me i play a lot of games mate believe me... and for a very long time, and 100hrs in a week is as often as eating. but its not every week. why do ppl on forums have to dig out every word ;lol

hotcars mate its a dam pleasure to talk about me, and i would love to answer you my friend...

i live on food which my wife cooks, which i then eat, sometimes i eat playing poker whilst i have to only press a button once every 50secs, and sometimes i snack in which case i race with a hotdog dangling from my chin, other times i dont eat.

i suppose in last few weeks i prob havent come close to 50hrs gaming because of the flu and other things, but when i have no agenda i play games from waking up to going to sleep.

i always have, me and the wife fight all the time about it, i dont do enough round the house and she complains about it, i had to buy a laptop and a 4way router in order to please the family so i can game whilst they chat on msn.

some people watch 100hrs of tv, others go outdoors for 100hrs a wk - me i play games all day all week all year all the time.

a typical day for me would be....

8.30 am drive kids to school

9.15 am back home, if not need to go food shopping or anything fire up xbox

3.00 pm pick kids up

3.15 pm hand out over a tenner in pocket money to 4 kids

4.00 pm back on game

6-7 pm eat (i never eat breakfast and only snack at dinner)

then rest of time unless something wife wants to watch on tv back on game or laptop (poker, or make a program) my usually switch off time is midnight give or take, however when i was a mod for atari i was sometimes online for 3-4am.

last night i didnt sleep, woke up about 3am - been up since be sat on this forum all the night pretty much, ask diablo to check log in details.

trust me i know 100hrs per week pushes limits of gaming hrs, but believe me i can improve on 100hrs on occasions. and i totally understand your words even right down to the "its nothing to do with me" your trying to make me understand how many hrs are in that week.

i know TRUST ME IM ONE DEDICATED GAMER !!!

have been for 20+ years.... i dont have any other interests, no hobbies, dont watch tv, cant stand chatting, and i rarely see my family. my family and kids are always around, and thats all i need to stay sane. hell my wife sometimes holds my ***<<< C I G !!! in my mouth whilst im cruising on tdu.

im actually trying to think of something else to talk about, but i dont have anything, unless amanda or the kids need something i play games...

Are you serious?

Razor I wasn't making judgements and I hope it didn't come across like I was.

I think my real question, which I guess is definitely none of my business but I'll ask anyway, is what do you live on? As in do you make a living doing what you do? Or, dare I suggest, are you on benefits?

Either way its not my place to decide if what you do is right or wrong thats between you and your family! And I would love to pack in my Call Centre Supervisor position and play games for 100 hrs a week!!!

GC

Jesus man. you need to get out more. Games aren't everything.

MORE TO LIFE THAN GAMING !!! why would you say such a nasty thing ?

Besides i do go out, but only if i really need to...

I think my real question, which I guess is definitely none of my business but I'll ask anyway, is what do you live on? As in do you make a living doing what you do? Or, dare I suggest, are you on benefits?

oO i see what you mean now, it doesnt matter if its none of your business. If i have a problem answering a question, i just wont answer it...

My partner is disabled and her condition has a 50% chance of being passed down to our children, so far out of the four kids we have two of them have got the condition, one hasnt, and its too early to tell whether the fourth child has developed it yet. So basically i cant work as the condition affects the mobility of my family, so technically im on beck and call 24/7...

I had to quit my job as assitant manager for yates wine lodge in order to support the family as and when needed, my partner gets a vechile on mobility, and basically i sit around all day waiting to see if they need a lift anywhere. In addition to this i have to be around the house to aid with certain household tasks as well, Dont get me wrong here its boring as hell some days, but its the life i have.

So as i cant work, and i find the television just a tad boring, i play computer games and make little daft programs in between what the family needs. so 100hrs per week isint a problem for me, but as i say its not always that high. Never the less it happens more often than it would for most gamers. Its not all bad though, we get more money than most working familys, a brand new car every 3years, a caravan in the countryside, and i get loads of time with the family, sometimes too much time.

Maybe when the kids leave home, i can perhaps get back into some kinda working life again but for now im TDU-RAZOR !!!

Are you serious?

Yes very serious :)