We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial: Adding Modded Car Files to TDU

Devang_Gandhi

it is not outdated.

Neither should it be removed/updated. The TDU Modding Tools program might not work on certain machines (Or the user may not wish to install .net framework)

The method of using the bnk tool is still completely valid.

Also, try and be more polite in your posts. It may just be me being rather tired, but you sounded very harsh in the way you worded your post.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've never come to this topic, but for this time I must reckon that some info should be updated. Just to clear things out also ;)

For now, using a magic map will make it possible to replace any file by another. That's all and sufficient.

You needn't to use TDU Modding Tools for such a task, moreover I've removed map fixing functions and will never update map keys.

@Danger Sponge: If people have troubles with using Modding Tools and say nothing about it, I guess they are too shy to ask for support in the official thread...

On the other hand, what's the relationship between installing cars and using bnk tool ?... in fact what's bnk tool ? I only know BnkFileEditor from Jeffrey Harris.

Last thing, there's a .net framework version for Windows XP 64-bit... Google ? :p

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But every second replaced car having bugs. For example

Bugatti Veyron replaced Edonis - Bugatti 4wd, Edonis - rwd, Audi R8 replaced Ascari - same bugs...

And many many others. In GTA SA it was much simple - by editing config file, but there...

no no no :) I just wonna say, that's would be better than we've got :) But this will be an another game.

Another 4wd with same parameters isnt avaliable, or not so cool. 4ex - Audi R8, imho, not so cool than Lambo Murcie :) But we have carpack's stock Lambo Gallardo

• 5 weeks later...
This Toturial is so usefull, I can now replace the new Audi TT made by eruanno with the old one, instead of the Corvette C6, thx Don.

I seriously don't get on how to modify a car.

He said "To install it copy 'Bnk1.map' to 'X:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Bnk1.map'. " i tried it but it didn't work.

but what if it was the other files like car mods?

Can somebody help me on how to mod cars and their rims, i know i've tried it before but i forgot, also at that time i don't know how to mod rims

Can someone give a step by step....steps on this?

I seriously don't get on how to modify a car.

He said "To install it copy 'Bnk1.map' to 'X:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Bnk1.map'. " i tried it but it didn't work.

but what if it was the other files like car mods?

Can somebody help me on how to mod cars and their rims, i know i've tried it before but i forgot, also at that time i don't know how to mod rims

Can someone give a step by step....steps on this?

Go here: I think this may help you out.

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=13156

Go here: I think this may help you out.

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=13156

It still didn't work, you told me to cut and paste and overwrite and play including rims (at their respective folders), but it ctd'd, you didn't tell me what to do with 'Djey's modding tools'

I was working on the evo 8 (one of the 11 versions) which is here http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=10285

Sorry to disturb you but i just get mad at failing simple instructions. I turned into a complete noob, unlike a year ago...could you be a little more specific on the tutorial?:(

Oh yeah, also, do i have to extract Djey's modding tools to the TDU install location or i can just keep running the program through WinRAR?:confused:

It still didn't work, you told me to cut and paste and overwrite and play including rims (at their respective folders), but it ctd'd, you didn't tell me what to do with 'Djey's modding tools'

You do not do anything with Djey's modding tools, only if you want to change a camera or IK. I do not know exactly what you're doing.

What I gave you is the most simplest way to install mods, nothing else is required. :oook:

You do not do anything with Djey's modding tools, only if you want to change a camera or IK. I do not know exactly what you're doing.

What I gave you is the most simplest way to install mods, nothing else is required. :oook:

I did exactly what you did, cut and paste, simple as that----->ctd'd....p.s. i did not mod the game yet.

I think it has something to do with the file size.:confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Add or Replace Car

Noob here at TDU-C. Wanted to know if you are only able to replace cars vs add new ones. Also, along this same subject, does the modded car have the same driving properties as the one it replaced? Or will it have the properties of the modded cars (ie: replace Audi TT with Bugatti Veyron), I haven't tried to make any changes yet, trying to see if its worth the time to download and install all the great modded cars listed, magic map, tools.