We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial: Adding Modded Car Files to TDU

Devang_Gandhi

Normal Installation Instructions

Download the modded car files and replace the files within:

'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules'

This Method only applies to filesizes which are smaller or the same size. NOT Larger than the original.

Magic bnk1.MAP Installation Instructions

If you wish to add a car that is over the origianls file size you will need to download the magic map from here. This will allow you to add any mod to TDU without making the game crash regardless of the file size.

To install it copy 'Bnk1.map' to 'X:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Bnk1.map'

Remember to backup your original files before you install any mod, including the Bnk1.map

And thats it. Open TDU and go to the dealership to buy one or drive it away from the garage and ENJOY Modded TDU Cars!:thumbsup:

Iced_Bullet Edit: Changed various things to make it into a thread format and added normal installation instructions.

Mod Edit: Updated information and instructions.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A stickied tuto at least ! It will be very helpful for sure.

Btw, you will be adding a third method soon... I'm working on an unrestricted file replacement :)

TDU Modding Tools 1.6 will be able to definitively patch your Bnk1.map, thus allowing any file replacement, no matter how the sizes are.

• 1 month later...
Iced_Bullet Edit: Changed various things to make it into a thread format and added normal installation instructions.

Normal Installation Instructions

Download the modded car files and replace the files within:

'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules'

This Method only applies to filesizes which are smaller or the same size. NOT Larger than the original.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

Currently, this is still in the testing period, where you just download the Magic bnk1.map tool which allows you to add a file of any size without TDU crashing. Further information can be found [here]

Editing bnk1.MAP Installation Instructions

This is a tutorial on how to add modded cars to TDU and bypassing the .bnk filesize restrictions.

Only use this method if the car you need to add has a bigger filesize than originally created by the Developers and only when the creator of the mod says this should be used!

I thought i might just say how i replaced it with the skyline as i actually dont know which files it modifies when u do the mapping.

Step 1: Download the TDU Modding Tools Program and the Map-Key attached at the bottom of the first post from [here], (thanks Djey).

Step 2: Extract the .zip to a folder you will remember. I recomend 'My Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\Mod Programs' (the 'Mod Programs' Folder will have to be created) and do the same with the map-key.

Step 3: CUT OR COPY the xml inside the map-key archve and paste it inside the "XML" folder within the Modding Tools. (You can extract it straight into the xml folder inside the modding tool and overwrite the existing one).

Step 4: Download the relevant Modded Car. This tutorial will focus on the [GT-R Proto Mod]. Extract it to the desktop and rename it to "SKYGTR.bnk". (For another Mod, rename it to the .bnk name you wish to overwrite, so if you wish to overwrite the Nissan 350z, then you would rename it to '350Z_Cpe.bnk'.

Step 5: Make sure you backup the original SKYGTR.bnk from 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\BNK\Vehicules'. I would place backedup files in 'My Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\Backedup Mods' (The folder 'Backeup Mods' will have to be created).

Step 6: Copy the renamed file from 'Step 4' and paste it in the vehicules folder. if asked to overwrite any existing files click 'Yes'.

Step 7:

Click to Enlarge

[imglink]http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/IcedBullet2/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/step7.jpg[/imglink]

Step 8: Click on File Browser

Step 9:

Click to Enlarge

[imglink]http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/IcedBullet2/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/step9.jpg[/imglink]

Step 10:

Click to Enlarge

[imglink]http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/IcedBullet2/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/Mods/step9-1.jpg[/imglink]

Step 11: Select the File and click on Tools>MAP DETAIL and click on FIX.

And thats it. Open TDU and go to the dealership to buy one or drive it away from the garage and ENJOY Modded TDU Cars!:thumbsup:

mine can´t fixe... the fixe option is blocked.... =S

What file are you trying to add? Have you tried the magic bnk1.MAP?

i´m adding new cars..i've done everithyng like it says but the fixe tool dont work....it's blocked...

it just appeared the advanced...

sry my english...i'm portuguese

Which car are you adding?

Try this:

Currently, this is still in the testing period, where you just download the Magic bnk1.map tool which allows you to add a file of any size without TDU crashing. Further information can be found [here]

Can I just ask, is there a way to hack the ride height/wheel size of any car wihout resorting to ZModdler? Is there a database file somewhere we can edit? As far as I can tell apart from those glitches there is nothing else bad about replacing any car with a modded one intended for a different car.

E: Well, that and the windows but that isn't an issue for some people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Problem

:( i put the magic map thingy in but the cars i added dont work when i go to the dealers i see them i just cant like buy em n drive em n some times i can go to them at the dealer but they will be invisible can some one help me i dunno wat it is

If you don't think you have the Megapack, you probably don't, since it costs money to buy. ;) Go back to Djey's thread and look at the bottom of his first post.

From there you download the bnk1.map file that fits your game (V 1.45A, patched 1.66, and patched 1.66 with megapack)

After that, replace the original one located in Test Drive Unlimited/Bnk.

And please don't double post, use the edit.gif button. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...