Assetto Corsa Hits The Highlands Of Scotland
Kunos Simulazioni are well known for their transparency, in that they are consistently keen to share upcoming developments for Assetto Corsa. Over the past month they have been teasing and showing us plenty of the fictional Scottish location coming as a free bonus track.
The new location is officially called ‘Highlands’ and is out now for PC on Steam along with a free bonus car, the mind-blowing Audi Quattro S1 E2 Group B!
This new track has been created in partnership with nVidia and Sparco with the intention of creating the perfect race track… and in Scotland no less. Yes people, Scotland is perfect, the Italians have said so!
It comes in four configurations with layouts comprising of Short, Normal, Long and Drift layouts:
- The ‘Normal’ version is 8152 meters long and is made up of fast, flowing but narrow roads with several jumps designed to thrill as well as test you.
- ‘Short’ is a return to some good quality urban style racing. Here players race around the city area and will need to be watch for those sharp angled turns and the barrier covered surroundings as at only 1714 meters, this will be a track that requires some precision driving.
- Looking for some grueling but fun punishment? Then the 'Long' layout has you covered (in sweat probably!). Only 12,191 meters long and containing all that the Normal configuration has, there are some extra slow curves, a series of speedy left and right turns and the terrifying "Cabhag straight" which runs for a colossal 3km.
- And for the drift muppets out there, you all get your own specially tailored 'Drift' layout aimed at achieving some serious angle at a ludicrous speed thanks to the combination of some smooth and flat curves allowing for long and constant sliding.
Each layout shares the same start position and pit lane, along with the first and final 2 corners.
The console community should be seeing arrive on their machines within the next month or so if previous content releases are anything to go by. In saying that, let's not see a time difference similar to that of the 'Red Pack' eh Kunos?
[gallery type=rectangular" link="file" size="seven-post-image" ids="6672,6674,6675,6676,6677,6678]
Assetto Corsa PC: v1.12
- WARNING: this update resets assetto_corsa.ini, we advise to check values for gyro, free camera etc
- New Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 group B rally car
- New Highlands track in four layouts
- Removed on screen Fuel Indicator for cars except the player's one
- Fixed Setup Tab sorting
- Added online Timed Races (with and without additional lap)
- Added online ResultScreen time
- Tweaked all the system apps regarding Timed Races
- Fixed online pit crew locations
- Added pressure meter color on Tire App (based on compound ideal pressure)
- Updated minimum pressures and optimum pressures for various cars
- New v10 tyre wear algorithms more sensitive to load for all cars
- Graining is now reducing when driving in good temperature conditions
- New and updated V10 street, semislick, vintage, and race slicks tyres for all cars. A total of 151 cars updated.
- Updates for cars that already had V10 tyres as well.
- Updated chassis balance and inertias for all 151 available cars.
- Updated engine coast braking for street cars
- Updated antiroll bars for Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car as per suggestion of Porsche that asymmetrical antiroll bar settings are not advised, so now settings are back to 7 in setup screen.
- Updated rear wing aero for Porsche 911 GT3 Cup to allow for lower rear wing at high speed tracks like Monza
- Added rear vertical fin for Lotus 98T
- Updated Brake temp for
Alfa Romeo GTA
Ford Escort RS
Maserati 250F 6C and 12C
- Fixed penalty detection
- Online cut reporting (Throttle Cut disabling)
- Added acServerManager 1.12.0
- Added timed race management
- Added result screen management
- Track with 2 pits are allowed
- Added option for online cut reporting (with Throttle Cut disabling)
- Pitstop: Suspension repair will automatically fix body too
- Added Tyre compound on race_out.json and server result
- Fixed Gt3 AI crashing at Nordschleife
- Added DigitalLed Tyre lock/slip script
- implemented in the latest Porsche racing cars, GT3 Cup, GT3 R and 919 Hybrid 2016
- Added Decimals to DigitalItem Fuel script
- Added local velocity to Shared Memory
- FF_SKIP_STEPS now defaults to 0. Wheels with problematic FF can have it set back to 1 if necessary
- Added new
optional parameter in controls.ini
- Added Fanatec leds support (system/cfg/fanatec.ini)
- Added Pitstop to Qualify session
- Tweaked confusing "Drive through penalty" message
- Fixed Pitstop times for Porsche race cars
- Tweaked M4 Akrapovic engine volume
- Fixed Porsche 911 GT3 RS coast volume
[via Assetto Corsa Forum]