Porsche Pack 1 for Console
Tomorrow is the day for the consoles to get the first Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack. Well the PlayStation 4 will anyway as unfortunately the Xbox One version has received a slight delay.
Rest assured though that Kunos are on the case and are in their own words “working flat out right now and doing all they can to solve the issues” in order to bring the Porsche pack and update to the Xbox playerbase.
Already out for the PC, the pack includes some of the most iconic Porsches known. From the modern hypercar of the 918 Spyder to the ‘they actually made this thing’ 917/30 Spyder.
Porsche Pack Volume 1 - Contents
- Porsche 911 Carrera S
- Porsche 918 Spyder
- Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
- Porsche 718 Cayman S
- Porsche 917/30 Spyder
- Porsche 935/78 ‘Moby Dick’
- Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
A new update will accompany the pack release too in version 1.09. This will bring a number of fixes and improvements along with two pieces of free bonus content: the Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo and the historic Silverstone circuit.
On the console there seems to be a fair amount of having to take the good with the bad, but it's undeniable that AC is one of the best racing simulators available on console. The original proclamation of the intent to bring the console version up to that of the PC seems to be getting chipped away as time goes by. There's still time though, so they may very well surprise.
UPDATE V 1.09 FIXES AND CHANGES
– Upgraded physics engine and network protocol to bring them in line with the PC version of Assetto Corsa as of release 1.9
– Upgraded FMOD to latest 1.08, and done a lot of tweaks and fixes to the audio of all cars
– Fixed some problems with the AI on race start
– Fixed crash when suspending the game during a multiplayer race
– Fixed a recurring crash with Special Events, caused by a certain sequence of actions in the launcher
– Fixed bug that blocked users from pushing turbo to 100%
– Fixed bug with Traction Control level selection
– Fixed several translation issues
– Fixed a degenerate collision triangle in Brands Hatch that was causing the simulation to break when hitting it
– Added support for visible checkpoints in Time Attack mode
– Added new controls presets
– Added support for Porsche-specific car features and Special Events
– Added support for DLC content: Porsche Pack #1
– Added driver skins
Remember that the Porsche Season Pass (search for it on your respective platform) is a great buy if you intend to pick up every one of the three Porsche packs, with a generous discount compared to buying all of them individually. And even though PC has had Porsche Pack Volume 2 already, it has been affirmed for December on console and hopefully should be earlier than arriving right at the end of it like this one has.
[via Assetto Corsa]