DRIVECLUB Drift March
The March update for DRIVECLUB is out and Evolution Studios continue to better the racer by bringing the changes and requests of their playerbase to the game.
Beginning with the big change that 1.27 will bring, is that Drift scoring is much improved, points awarded will actually now make sense and will require the fundamental techniques of drifting in order to get that score shooting up. There will be no more bending the rules as if you were Neo in the Matrix, as driving slow, using your vehicle as some sort of lawnmower or using the walls will result in a penalty. Therefore, you will need to have the angle, speed and preferably stay on the black stuff in order to get a good mark from the virtual judges. Accompanying this radical change of the scoring system is a reset of all Drift Mode leaderboards to ensure a level
playing field race course for all involved.
Driver, Club and Elite Levels have been given another stretching too, taking the caps for Driver and Club to 120 and Elite to 60, with Elite and Club also having new livery rewards that can be unlocked as players progress. One of the smaller but very cool things Evo do is feature community taken photo mode pictures within the game's menus. This time they've went one step further and created a monster collage using thousands of #PS4share images for the loading screen of both DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB BIKES.
DRIVECLUB UPDATE 1.27 changelog:
- New Drift Mode scoring: Fast and precise drifts now earn much bigger scores. Going off track, driving slowly or colliding with walls will result in a penalty to prevent exploits.
- All Drift Mode leaderboards will be reset in the days following the update to ensure they offer a level playing field.
- 25 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 60).
- 25 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- 35 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- The game menus have been updated with new #PS4share imagery to showcase some of our most loved #PS4share photo mode snaps. Keep them coming!
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB now shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB BIKES also shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
The update (0.3GB) is available now and will download automatically when launching the game while connected to PSN.
Image credit: Soundwave