Time For Porsche Pack Vol. 3
Well here we are, the third and final Porsche Pack for Assetto Corsa is released today for PC. Bringing the phenomenal Porsche DLC program for the title to its climax.
For a while it felt like we were only hearing about Porsche coming to the game at some point from Kunos Simulazioni, and now, here we are – it’s done, it’s finished, and there is a whole load of fine virtual Porsche metal out there for players to enjoy.
Containing another set of models that will make many an enthusiast beam a smile, such as the 908 LH and 917 K, and providing those who have more of a penchant for modern metal, the 911 R and Le Mans racing 919 Hybrid 2016. Every player should be able to find something in here that they will like.
Assetto Corsa – Porsche Pack Volume 3
- Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 LeMans configuration
- Porsche 908 Lang Heck (Long Tail)
- Porsche 917 K
- Porsche 911 R (991)
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
- Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
- Porsche 911 Turbo S (991)
Earlier lists included the 911 RSR 2017 with the third pack, but just days before the pack was due for release, it was announced that Kunos were delaying the car so that they could take more time to reproduce it accurately. The Turbo S was brought in to take its slot and now the RSR 2017 will be released as a free upgrade to Volume 3 in January.
As has become common for those on console, a nice long wait is on the cards for them, as even though Kunos did mention a “December” release a couple of months ago, that has unfortunately slipped and now more Porsche will not hit until January when Volume 2 is set to release. However it will be joined with the Red Pack when it does, so every cloud eh!
[gallery type=rectangular" link="file" size="small-post-image" ids="6365,6366,6367,6368,6369,6370,6371,6372,6373,6374,6375,6376,6377,6378,6379,6380]
And just like with every pack that has landed, the accompanying update contains another of the free trio of Porsches to be given away at no additional cost. This third and final time it is the turn of the Macan Turbo.
Speaking of which, this latest one takes the PC up to version 1.11 where along with the bug fixes and improvements is an all-new Championship gameplay mode. Allowing players to create their own championships with options such as selecting the cars, tracks, laps, points, rules and compete against the AI.
Assetto Corsa PC - v1.11.0 Changelog
- Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 LeMans configuration (Porsche Pack 3)
- Porsche 908 Lang Heck (Long Tail) (Porsche Pack 3)
- Porsche 917 K (Porsche Pack 3)
- Porsche 911 R (991) (Porsche Pack 3)
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (Porsche Pack 3)
- Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 (Porsche Pack 3)
- Porsche 911 Turbo S (991) (Porsche Pack 3)
- Porsche Macan Turbo (free bonus)
- Championship gameplay. Create your own championship, select cars, tracks, laps, points, rules and compete against the AI.
- Fixed wing damage model on Nissan GTR
- Shared Memory :
- Fixed kersCharge and kersInput for ERS system
- Added system/cfg/messages.ini to filter system messages out
- Added Print function in Time Table (export in Documents\Assetto Corsa\out)
- Fixed Setup Electronic tab issue on ABS level for cars featuring no TC
- Reviewed damage curve + repair times
- formula for effective radius calculation
- Pitstop is possible also in Practice session
- Fixed Confirm button in Pitstop screen to work without any requested operation
- Fixed UI resetting AI level at start
- Corrected front wheel 3D placement for Lotus Evora S and Step 2
- Pitstop animation disabled for VR users
- V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT3 cars
- V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT2 cars plus Glickenhaus P4/5C and Evora GX and GTC
- Updated V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for Hypercars (LaFerrari, 599XX, FxxK, P1, Aventador SV, Huayra, Zonda R), more experimentation
- Updated V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for Ford GT40
- Corrected Porsche 917/30 inertia values
- Corrected Porsche 917/30 ackermann and front bump steer suspension
- Corrected aero downforce and drag values for Porsche 962 Short Tail
- Corrected drag values for Porsche 962 Long Tail
- Porsche 962C Long Tail now has passive wastegate pressure map that permits user controlled overboost as a % of a turbo boost map. 09 keys
- F4 key sets camera on the player car
- Added Delete function on Setup screen
- Added electronic controller cltr_wastegate[X].ini to control wastegate levels on turbos
- Fixed potential track cut on Nordschleife Endurance and Cup layouts
- Fixed AI steer "snaps" when near track lateral limits
Quite a way to end the year off!