We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fuel; Codemasters

eleKtro

Fuel Sucks Fumes (on PC Platform)

I just set up Fuel on a PC and I am shocked that the game offer NO support for my G25. There is NO SUPPORT for driving wheels in Codemaster's Fuel, I repeat NO SUPPORT for driving wheels. Definitely no force feedback either.

This game is meant for Xbox controller only and PC keyboard. You cannot re-map your keyboard keys, you have to use the defaults.

I did manage to set up a custom profile on the g25 where the wheel axis emulates button mashing. Wheel left rotation is "A" button and Wheel rotation right is "W" button. I also set up the wheel thumb buttons and paddles as left and right.

None of these button configurations really work, the only way to have some finesse controlling these vehicles is to use the PC keyboard like Grand Theft Auto.

They put the accelerator on the Space Bar and the brakes/reverse on the right ctrl key so I mapped them to my G25 brake and accelerator pedals and that works pretty good, but its just on/off for each. It is all automatic transmission and the all the sounds remind me of 2 stroke engines, the type used on weed-eaters, chain saws and scooters.

It's too bad that Fuel sucks fumes, I was so looking forward to it.

I hope there is a patch because the game looks gorgeous and runs smoothly at full resolution and graphics.

TDU is still the King of Free Roam driving games.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just set up Fuel on a PC and I am shocked that the game offer NO support for my G25. There is NO SUPPORT for driving wheels in Codemaster's Fuel, I repeat NO SUPPORT for driving wheels. Definitely no force feedback either.

This game is meant for Xbox controller only and PC keyboard. You cannot re-map your keyboard keys, you have to use the defaults.

I did manage to set up a custom profile on the g25 where the wheel axis emulates button mashing. Wheel left rotation is "A" button and Wheel rotation right is "W" button. I also set up the wheel thumb buttons and paddles as left and right.

None of these button configurations really work, the only way to have some finesse controlling these vehicles is to use the PC keyboard like Grand Theft Auto.

They put the accelerator on the Space Bar and the brakes/reverse on the right ctrl key so I mapped them to my G25 brake and accelerator pedals and that works pretty good, but its just on/off for each. It is all automatic transmission and the all the sounds remind me of 2 stroke engines, the type used on weed-eaters, chain saws and scooters.

It's too bad that Fuel sucks fumes, I was so looking forward to it.

I hope there is a patch because the game looks gorgeous and runs smoothly at full resolution and graphics.

Dont get me wrong, but you can re-map the keyboard keys. I drive here with WASD instead off Space and Shift.

I dont think you want to drive this with a wheel, since i dont really notice the handeling difference between the cars.

This game is fantastic imo, I mean, it could be improved in some areas, but I love it. The area is mahoosive, however it takes ages to get anywhere around it.

Whilst i'm typing this i can see veins in my eyes... :cheeky:

Of course it is. I didn't expect from FUEL to take that title from the TDU's name anyway. BTW it's not quite true about remapping the commands. This works rather well here, any good gamepad is working as well, but G25 is out, at least for now.

Sadly, I don't think any patch will do something about this in a way the wheel works with TDU. At least it will work in a way it does in GTA, and that's rubbish...

I can make it up with my old Dual Action thingy again, I could leave with that, but boy why can't we have an manual gears for the love of God!! That's just so annoying, I'm speechless.

I mean, everything is rather well in this game except EVERY ASPECT of actual DRIVING!

Some1 said 'this is not a driving game, this is an exploring game'. Exactly. The terrain is really huge and this greatness seems much more bigger because U can't actually achieve much of a speed (120 mph is very rare, at least at the beginning) so those distances seems much bigger than in TDU where u can burn it to 200mph without much of a problem.

Endless arcadish slowish ride is a pretty good formula for a quick boredom....

I expect for a cruising aspect of this game to be quite a hit thiugh, at least for a while. I'll be there from the beginning of August, since I'm on my vacation since then.

My setup with the keyboard is working well enough. This game does possess a certain charm and I am having fun.

I do want to use my Wheel with it. I do not understand why they would put so much time, talent and energy into such a nifty looking game without offering wheel support. It seems unfinished.

Thanks for the debug video, I have set it up now.

Here are some shots I've taken, for some reason I can't get AA working but you don't notice it as much in game.

Loz the 3rd pic is when I spent an hour trying to get that barrel. :mad: I manage to glitch jump to get it in the end....I just would not give it up. :D

Note: This is the PC version.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/S71NG3R/th_Fuel1.jpghttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/S71NG3R/th_Fuel2.jpghttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/S71NG3R/th_Fuel3.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/S71NG3R/th_Fuel4.jpghttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/S71NG3R/th_Fuel5.jpghttp://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj58/S71NG3R/th_Fuel6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like it so much, it has some bugs/mistakes/bad programation... like the tires doesn't trows mud or it stays over the vehicle, the sea water cames from the floor, in some in-terrain areas, and the own water trowing is weirdly like taken from old games, and even you are already out some water area the tires continues trowing water...

I got Pure (Quadbikes, with personalise, like tuning features) before, the gameplay is pure adrenaline, and other things like that crazy japanese guy during the race... all this made me give some negative points to Fuel...