We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

I still have the VW Van from LEGO. I kinda want the Caterham, too, but it's expensive :(

I did make models myself, this 6x6 from a while ago was the biggest challenge, literally :)

That's the coolest part about Lego - it's up to everyone's imagination and skills. The G looks super cool, man.

I used to make my own vehicles when I was a kid, but I've never had those little bricks for details and such, so I was mostly building big family houses. Fun times that are gone. :(

That's the coolest part about Lego - it's up to everyone's imagination and skills. The G looks super cool, man.

I used to make my own vehicles when I was a kid, but I've never had those little bricks for details and such, so I was mostly building big family houses. Fun times that are gone. :(

I don't have much LEGO either, this G was digital, the reason why it looks so real is that there's this new render system that makes you able to render things with Blender. Idk how it works, that's why somebody did it for me :) Digital LEGO building isn't as time consuming and expensive as real life but it kills time if you really want to.

[quote name='Loekie5500'][SIZE=4]Digital[/SIZE] LEGO[/QUOTE] [IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/fcagh.jpg[/IMG] Laying on the floor with bricks all over the carpet and building something with your hands - and not your keyboard and mouse - is part of the fun! Stepping on the brick with your bare foot, too. :bmad: Wonder what's @CLR-GTR's opinion on this.

I enjoyed it because it gave me the ability to make everything, as in real I had very limited sets, limited colors etc. Such as trains, especially when I tried to recreate real trains from our national railways. For big cars, I never had the patience somehow.

I used several programs throughout the years. Lego Digital Designer was the easiest one to use with automatic snapping, flexible parts and anchor points etc. But for more advanced users there was also stuff like SR3D (no longer updated as its developer passed away) and MLCAD/LDraw including rendering tools.

Still though, it will never truly match real Lego. I never got big and/or complex mechanics to work in such stuff and quickly got bored of it. Can't exactly say that of the Barcode Truck and the 8448 Supercar, considering how often I built my own things of it. It'll always be something special to open up a box and see how everything fits together and interacts together.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the paint chips already came when i bought the car but i'm repairing it in Portugal because is cheaper to repaint the bonnet then here in Corsica.

The previous tailights made the rear blinkers freeze because Audi says dampness because of the weather striping and wanted 300€ to replece both and i bought them for 180€ from Magnetti Marelli

• 2 weeks later...

So in the weekend decided to wash both cars and after a quick trip to the fuel station washer with both and a hand drying this was the results

The Mighty Dacia

JmVRguo.jpg

3curuup.jpg

vMU4XJd.jpg

The Upcoming Audi

fnNiHhd.jpg

0TjCpLU.jpg

GrgPIrw.jpg

I think for myself not bad for a touchless wash.

In the next months i'm going to clay the cars because the paints are really bumpy not smoth like they should be and mybe wax them

• 3 weeks later...
Is this a replacement for the Boxster, which was itself a replacement for an MX-5? :p

Much prefer this colour MX-5 to that silver-grey of your last one, what else is different? :D

Yep :lol: The expensive fun was over.. so time to return to cheap and chuckable fun!

This one is a 2.0l PRHT (folding hardtop..) with all the mods and cons, the most important being heated seats :nuts:. The old one was a base model 1.8l so it's a fair step up in MX-5 world...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to drive this

1517423_576834755745374_827546217_n.jpg?oh=885d5d882721145964726be41e5835fd&oe=599C541A

But too much work had to be done to it to keep it on the road. So now I drive this

12472766_945727278856118_89186117065721922_n.jpg?oh=7c3bbf598ea1fca19ef3d685d678e38d&oe=59A0DA86

This was aa project of my dad and me. When we bought it, it had steel wheels and a crappy radio. Replaced those and also new non-fogged headlights and some other things. Sadly my dad couldn't enjoy it very long as he unexpectedly passed away last september. So we decided that I could drive it because my Polo wasnt roadworthy anymore and I've driven it with great sense of pride ever since.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.