We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

4 minutes ago, Nick1999 said:

It's not that old. It's still a good daily driver, dunno whats the issue now. But yes i bought a modded A6, and i do not regret it

Could you take a photo of the engine? I would like to see the setup to arrange everything, like where the turbo is, where is the intercooler and such?

Edit: and a 2007 car is already 12 years old. That's quite some age now.

I'm sure you could make more but 400 is plenty on the road if we're being realistic.

@Milli Cars from the past 25 years seem to be hanging around longer than cars from the previous 25 years, there seems to be more longevity in cars from the late 90s-00s. I still see 20-year-old 206s on a daily basis... none as pretty as mine was mind you 😉

23 minutes ago, TIMELESS said:

I'm sure you could make more but 400 is plenty on the road if we're being realistic.

@Milli Cars from the past 25 years seem to be hanging around longer than cars from the previous 25 years, there seems to be more longevity in cars from the late 90s-00s. I still see 20-year-old 206s on a daily basis... none as pretty as mine was mind you 😉

The biggest concern is the fact that the car is highly modified. And usualy, highly modified cars when get sold, is nothing but a bucket of problems. 

12 hours ago, Milli said:

It is not everyday that you see a car from 1957 in the streets, i suppose. Plus, i believe these were really popular back then, no?

The Morris Minor is consider THE 50's car of Britain, everyone over a certain age seems to have had one of have good memory's of one. 🙂 

I used it every opportunity I could last summer, nipping to the ships? Excuse to drive. Local car show? Excuse for a drive 

-

With Nick1999's A6, I don't doubt its highly modded and i bet its a rocket on the roads!

Where I am chipping and modding anything German is all the rage. Silly power can be gained from just plugging in a laptop, let alone throwing parts at it.  Ages doesn't play much of a part in it either...One friend is running a highly modded B7 RS4 with no problems,  yet another has a Mk1 Fabia VRS and yet its problem after problem.

Edited by calster17

• 4 months later...

Seems like I go through cars a lot these days lol. I no longer have the Mustang as I was having problems with things like the A/C, radiator hoses and a lot of other things that were getting annoying. So I decided it was time for something a little more practical. I searched for a long time before I found this mint Mk7 Golf GTI. 16k miles and all stock.

Meanwhile in 86 news, I got my new Corbeau seat installed, then we had a long spell of rain here in Southern California for 2 months that meant it had to stay parked. Then when I went to start it it had a fuel leak so took some time and finally after months the 86 is back and healthyish. The timing is off at the moment so I need to go in and check it out when I have time. 

59855980_2170176123063473_58051968924217

64533204_2234216433326108_26023318300865

64386097_2233211663426585_41824576684488

• 2 months later...

Haven't posted on here in ages. Almost bought a late 2008 BMW 330D LCI back in May this year, but there was a problem with its history which I found through doing a car check even though the dealer said it was all clear when I was looking around the car - always do your own checks no matter what. To be fair I don't think he had done as indepth a check as I did so he was unaware and refunded my deposit no questions. Normally I'd do a vehicle check before even setting off to see the car, but experience showed that these E90 330Ds don't hang around when they're a decent specification. I also expressed interest in a house around the same time (my first home), so after the car ended up being a bit of a flop I just gave up with looking for another car for the foreseeable and as such I'm still rolling around in the E46 after almost six years. 166,000 miles now...

1.jpg

Edited by GTAMADDOG

• 2 months later...

Long time no post from me too... what to say? I'm alive, Ive made changes to my 'fleet' of cars...

I've used my Abarth little to none this year, I sold the E36 I had as well (its in good hands...long term members here can maybe guess who has it!) , I still have the Minor and since then I've had two major changes...

I had a 2.0 Golf '3.5' 2.0 Convertible as well as a Astra G estate...

The golf was a great lil summer machine...

The Astra is a proper mile muncher being the 1.7 DTi...

75297821_2512240759057085_4134563934080335872_n.thumb.jpg.1cb433bf71dd218a32b979dc1bd6107e.jpg

In the 3 months Ive had it its done little over 4,000 miles (Its less than 500 milea from 200k as of now!)

Edited by calster17

• 1 month later...

Hi! It's been a while since I posted something on turboduck last time... anyway, that's my car. Some may say it's a finacial mistake, but for me it's fulfilled dream and every day motivator.  🙂   Even if that car costs me a lot of money and sometimes also my nerves, I never regret owning her.

'05 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 (Busso engine) with some minor mods;

• added limited slip differential Q2
  • modified (larger) intake manifold with bigger 89mm throttle body from Porsche 
  • modified air intake for bigger throttle body + pipercross filter
  • CF2 exhaust manifolds (decated)
  • exhaust 2x2.25 -> 2.75 on 3 silencers + Ulter duplex at the end
  • AP coilover suspension
  • and few more mods 

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Courius

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 3:52 AM, Courius said:

Some may say it's a finacial mistake, but for me it's fulfilled dream and every day motivator.  🙂   Even if that car costs me a lot of money and sometimes also my nerves, I never regret owning her.

Having owned a fair few cars, some that are 'financial mistakes'...The good times out weigh the bad! Just be sure to make sure it wont cause actual financial problem! 🙂

But a real engined, Alfa GT! I do envy you, the sound of them alone is epic! 

• 2 months later...

Nice to see you're still buying quality cars @calster17 ! 😛

Bloody hell it's been a while. Last time I posted I'd just bought a 350Z... unfortunately I sold the 350Z in August 2019 - I got a new job where I got a company car so I figured it didn't make sense leaving the Z in the garage never being driven. I quickly got bored of not having a fun car though so went in search of a MK1 MX-5, something cheap and old school fun. But then I went and won a Mk3 MX-5 on eBay which was right near my gfs house, so this is the 3rd one I've owned... ffs lol 

It's a 1.8 Niseko edition, I've done a few things to it but still lots to do... primarily, it needs lowering desperately! Looks like an SUV. This lockdown has slowed progress down considerably but anyway, here's a very dirty picture of her:

49581404387_13277ea91d_b.jpg

Once again it's been awhile. Growing up means having less time to do things I'm afraid. Since the last time, I blew up the 4age in the 86 and had to park it for awhile. I finally decided on doing an engine swap, and I was originally going to run a 4age 20V with ITBs, but for the same money and more power, I decided to go with a 3sge Beams instead. Swaps currently getting done at a local shop and should be done very soon. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Should be somewhere in the area of 210 crank horsepower and weigh in around 950 kgs.EVWRucHU8AAmyNE?format=jpg&name=900x900  

Extremely candid shot a Corolla friend of mine got when my car died. 

EVWRucHU0AAPA_n?format=jpg&name=large

EVWRucGUcAA_K0k?format=jpg&name=medium

Apparently the yellow 240sx is Tanner Foust's old Formula Drift car from back in the day. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I haven't posted here in ages... and neither has anyone else apparently. Looks like most people moved on (until Solar Crown, maybe?) as nowhere apart from the TDU section seems to get many posts now. Anywho and way, just dropping in for a car update - possibly a long post once I get going.

Finally bought something 'new' in March. The E46 330d made it to 200,000 miles without any real complaint, then back in January (Friday 13th no less!) when it was booked in for its MOT, the rear brake line that runs across the back of the car decided to rupture on the drive while the car sat overnight. Got in the car the morning of the MOT... Hmmm, the brake pedal doesn't feel the same as it did yesterday and why is my foot now sinking to the floor. Poked my head under the rear wheel to be greeted with brake fluid all over the suspension components - great timing! MOT cancelled. Ended up ripping the old brake line out and fitting a new one with new flexi hoses to both rear wheels with the car on axle stands on my dad's drive (he's got more/better tools than me). Cleaned up the rear half of the car and applied rust converter and then Lanoguard to nearly everything. This was done over the course of a month and a half when we both had a tiny bit of spare time here and there. Still haven't got it re-MOTd just yet because...

Early to mid-March I bought something I'd been looking out for, for ages. Another old BMW... an E92 335d. The M57 has been such a good engine in the 330d and obviously 46 x 2 = 92, so why not? Plus, quite frankly, I would be paranoid as hell if I bought a 330d with the N57 (timing chain snapping main bearing spinner) which is what you end up with if you buy a 325/330d built after mid-2008.

2009 BMW 335d M Sport Highline. Space grey with coral red leather. CIC Navigation and BMW retrofit kit for the audio system installed by the previous owner so it has an Alpine amplifier and upgraded speakers (and tweeters), oh and the A/C works which is also a bonus over the E46. It had some Triangle tyres put on the rear prior to sale which is a bit disappointing as it did has Pilot Sport 4S tyres all round, but those are now only on the front. The Triangles are getting interesting now because even in the dry I can feel the DSC fighting to put the power down in 3rd - they'll be getting replaced with a pair of 4S's or Eagle Asymmetric 6s before winter, I'm not an advocate of cheap tyres, but the Triangles were brand new and we were getting towards Spring/Summer, so I've ran them for a bit. Apparently, it had £900 of suspension and brakes just before I bought it, but I think all of that £900 went in to a set of Brembo discs and pads because both front shocks are.. not good and will be replaced very shortly.

The E46 isn't going anywhere as quite honestly it is worth next to nothing with 207k on the clock and crusty rear aches (common E46 thing), plus my plan has always been to keep it and have something else to take the bulk of the miles. Every time I sit in the E46 I can't help but feel much, much more at home even though I haven't driven it properly for nearly 8 months.

330_335_D_2.jpg

330_335_D_1.jpg

335_3.jpg

Edited by GTAMADDOG

8 hours ago, GTAMADDOG said:

I haven't posted here in ages... and neither has anyone else apparently. Looks like most people moved on (until Solar Crown, maybe?) as nowhere apart from the TDU section seems to get many posts now. Anywho and way, just dropping in for a car update - possibly a long post once I get going.

Nice to see you again.  Congrats on the upgrade.   We're a bit more active on Discord (Chatbox 3.0) if you want to say hi.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, GTAMADDOG said:

Finally bought something 'new' in March. The E46 330d made it to 200,000 miles without any real complaint, then back in January (Friday 13th no less!) when it was booked in for its MOT, the rear brake line that runs across the back of the car decided to rupture on the drive while the car sat overnight. Got in the car the morning of the MOT... Hmmm, the brake pedal doesn't feel the same as it did yesterday and why is my foot now sinking to the floor. Poked my head under the rear wheel to be greeted with brake fluid all over the suspension components - great timing! MOT cancelled. Ended up ripping the old brake line out and fitting a new one with new flexi hoses to both rear wheels with the car on axle stands on my dad's drive (he's got more/better tools than me). Cleaned up the rear half of the car and applied rust converter and then Lanoguard to nearly everything. This was done over the course of a month and a half when we both had a tiny bit of spare time here and there. Still haven't got it re-MOTd just yet because...

Early to mid-March I bought something I'd been looking out for, for ages. Another old BMW... an E92 335d. The M57 has been such a good engine in the 330d and obviously 46 x 2 = 92, so why not? Plus, quite frankly, I would be paranoid as hell if I bought a 330d with the N57 (timing chain snapping main bearing spinner) which is what you end up with if you buy a 325/330d built after mid-2008.

2009 BMW 335d M Sport Highline. Space grey with coral red leather. CIC Navigation and BMW retrofit kit for the audio system installed by the previous owner so it has an Alpine amplifier and upgraded speakers (and tweeters), oh and the A/C works which is also a bonus over the E46. It had some Triangle tyres put on the rear prior to sale which is a bit disappointing as it did has Pilot Sport 4S tyres all round, but those are now only on the front. The Triangles are getting interesting now because even in the dry I can feel the DSC fighting to put the power down in 3rd - they'll be getting replaced with a pair of 4S's or Eagle Asymmetric 6s before winter, I'm not an advocate of cheap tyres, but the Triangles were brand new and we were getting towards Spring/Summer, so I've ran them for a bit. Apparently, it had £900 of suspension and brakes just before I bought it, but I think all of that £900 went in to a set of Brembo discs and pads because both front shocks are.. not good and will be replaced very shortly.

The E46 isn't going anywhere as quite honestly it is worth next to nothing with 207k on the clock and crusty rear aches (common E46 thing), plus my plan has always been to keep it and have something else to take the bulk of the miles. Every time I sit in the E46 I can't help but feel much, much more at home even though I haven't driven it properly for nearly 8 months.

Very nice spec E92, and there are still a few of us lurking (albeit no one would recognise me, I can't for the life of me remember why my username is Microphone & not CarMadMike).

I need to take some new pics of my current car, I've had a fair few different ones since I last posted here. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.