We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 vs. Forza Motorsport 3

Impala SS

Hey I want to know waht you think about GT5 and FM3.

So GT5 is not released yet but GT5(Prologue) and I think GT5(P) and GT5 are much better than FM3 with the graphics!

So look.

GT5

photo16a.jpg

photo001a.jpg

photo04a.jpg

And FM3

http://forzamotorsport.net/uploadedImages/Media/Images/Forza_3_Euro_Sport/FM3_EuroSport_4.jpg

http://forzamotorsport.net/uploadedImages/Media/Images/Forza_3_Kotaku_Multiplayer/FM3_Audi_R8.jpg?n=8945

http://forzamotorsport.net/uploadedImages/Media/Images/2010_Ferrari_458_Italia/2010%20Ferrari%20458%20Italia_5_1.jpg?n=6277

And the Covers

GT5

nws12627752626063041.jpg

FM3

forza_motorsport_3_frontcover_large_a6YOlYdnTiWizRw.jpg

Cars in GT5 around 950. Cars in FM3 < 400.

And now you?!

mod edit: Don't post images over 350KB.

I prefer Gran Turismo, but the customisation features of Forza do bring me to their side a bit more. The car and track list are what make me love Gran Turismo (and the fact that you can play it with G25). But Forza 3 is great, and I don't think this is a competition of GT5 and Forza 2, or Forza 3 anymore; more likely with the next Forza.

I couldn't give a crap about both games! :D I got a PS3 and a Xbox 360, ill have both and I enjoy both (well GT5:P for now) and Forza 3.

If you wanted me to actually compare, it just wouldn't happen. I'm a fan of both games and each game has negatives and positives.

Can't really say what's better until the full version of Gran Turismo 5 is released.

GT5: Prologue was lacking in tracks, cars and other features obviously. Also, with them saying GT5 will have 950 cars I can see half of those being different versions of the same cars which in my opinion is pretty boring.

I went on Forza 3 when TehReaper came over on New Years Eve and to be honest I was getting bored of it after an hour. Graphics weren't as impressive as I was expecting them to be either.

Both of the games have their advantages and disadvantages, obviously.

But to be honest, even though you can't drive flat out in a super car in real life I think my mind would much prefer to be driving a real car on a real road with real physics these days rather than being sat behind a screen with an annoying to use controller in between my hands.

I haven't played GT5:P but Forza 3 will be a very hard act to follow, one of the things that I'm most impressed with on Forza is the way that all classes *feel* fast, through a combination of brilliant visuals, particularly the environments, engine sounds that really tel you that that small engine is working hard and a really clever physics engine. If GT5 is anything like GT4 it wont have the speed factor that forza does, as I really didn't enjoy slow cars at all on GT4, it was nothing but understeer, horrible, horrible engine sounds and rubbish collision physics

It was never a console war, stop jumping to conclusions that every time these two games are compared it's suddenly a "console war" or "fanboy war". He just asked a simple question and gave his opinion and a justification.

Well I meant the whole console war thats going on,not just this thread. Sorry if I made it unclear...

GT5. But, to be fair, the PS3 is much more advanced so it can take games like GT5

Rubbish. The only concrete advantage the PS3 has is Disk space, other than that the difference is entirely negligible. If it truly was a powerhouse then the PS3 would have dominated the Xbox just like the PS2 dominated the Dreamcast.

Forza3 sounds like a lot of fun, but it's released on an overpriced console that's inferior to the PS3, and doesn't support the G25 wheel, so I will never know how good it actually is. If they made the G25 compatible, I'd probably buy a console just for that game.

I'm looking forward to GT5 though, the G25 support in that game is great (GT5P gets boring with the limited tracks though). Would be better if both games came out on the PC as well.

I couldn't give a crap about both games! :D I got a PS3 and a Xbox 360, ill have both and I enjoy both (well GT5:P for now) and Forza 3.

If you wanted me to actually compare, it just wouldn't happen. I'm a fan of both games and each game has negatives and positives.

I agreed with Tool831 100%. There are goods and bads and for me they even themselves out.

• 1 month later...

Well, i'm here just as a commenter... NO X360 or PS3.

I played GT1&2 on the PSX @ the time, many cars, "real"(but limited) features such as many colors, engine improvement or till racing equips depending of the car, but that magnet physics was always bad, mainly when u touch an opponent.

"I" have GT4 but played few times, it's really WonderFun on the PS2, the photo mode and the filters on the replay make it looks better and even realistic looking.

Then after noticing the features and seeing videos, i say:

- GT5 wins on nº of cars and FM3 on customization;

- GT5 Better dashboard angle camera. / FM3 remember Juiced2 such as MC:LA.

- Graphically almost identical, they have different light system, separated,

both are enjoyable, but sometimes FM3 light on the body resembles SimBin Games.

I'll throw my hat into this!(been wanting to use tht saing for a while now)

I'll admit, i'm a Sony Fanboy.....So i'm going to say GT5 is better for me!

But i'll say why, I'll admit i've not played FM3 much appert from at a mates house and i could't rember much the next day....but the game was ok overall. Ther was just somthing lacking compaired to the GT games though, and that was the cars.

Now i'm not sure the whole ammount of cars in FM3, but with the GT games they always have a huge list car everydy cars, or more comman cars! Such as the S13 silvia, MR2(AW11), Suzuki Cappuccino.....cars that wont really appeal to the 'mass car fans'(if its not on TG it's not cool sort of thing) and thats partly why i like the GT games....it also got me into JDM's alot! the game also gives the feel of a Trackday rather than a proper race!(unless its a actualy race, with LMP cars, etc)

Now i havent played FM3 properly(as stated) i did play FM2 a bit more(note, A bit) and it just diddent do it for me admittidly. Maybe it's that i'm not used to the controller, or i'm thinking it for another game. But rember this is my personal opinion!

So yes, i'll say the GT games are better, but thats as i havent really played the FM games so you could say my comparison is't really a worthy one! Although i will be playing FM3 soon as part of a GT5 Comparison for a games review site(which is't finnished yet) so i guess my opinion will be changed by then!

Forza Motorsports 3 is like Gran Turismo 4 many cars many tracks but limited posibilities to mod cars.GT 5 Prologue has the posibilitie to mod cars(horsepower and weight and suspensions).The bad thing at GT 5 is that there is no damage like in FM3.

GT 5 Prologue has the posibilitie to mod cars(horsepower and weight and suspensions).The bad thing at GT 5 is that there is no damage like in FM3.

GT5P has nothng in the tuning compatabilitys of the rea hin..or GT4 for that matter! but the real deal should have it, or alot of people will be unhappy!

Also GT5 is going to have damage...ablit on diffrent levles, full race cars(WRC, SuperGT, etc) will have proper damage....and lower down the scale cars such as Cappuccinos will only have light body damage, but all cars are to have machanical damage!

Thouht i'd point this out for everyone!:)

Oh, and for those who are intrested, theres a new GT5 video out!