We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tell us what you love, hate and want changed or added!!

Eudemon

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I acknowledged your greatness, but for not reading my post, I revoke that. ;D

Consider your post thoroughly read.

Don't bother with him, Acid, he doesn't even know why he thinks he's so great lol

I was just born great. :lol:

You're all just too jealous cuz Tom is too awesome for this place.

Best. Post. Ever.

[Disclaimer] I'm very sarcastic. :cheeky:

Like: all that funny ppl over here! lol (if u want an example...just read the threads)

Hate: nothing yet...rofl

Want: "befriend" option between ppl over here

@tWm ROFL about "Best. Post. Ever." LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's confusing having lots of threads and forums that don't get used. Forums like "Test drive unlimited-News" etc are not being used.

"Test drive unlimited 2-News" also has a lot of threads that have lots of the same information in them as well. The information needs to be merged into one big thread or just deleted. It's hard to find what news you want to hear about TDU2.

Thanks

Make sure that cars that are right hand drive *like the skyline* are indeed right hand drive in the game.
Umm we'll do our best. :oook:

It's confusing having lots of threads and forums that don't get used. Forums like "Test drive unlimited-News" etc are not being used.

"Test drive unlimited 2-News" also has a lot of threads that have lots of the same information in them as well. The information needs to be merged into one big thread or just deleted. It's hard to find what news you want to hear about TDU2.

Thanks

TDU - News did get used when TDU was actually getting news worth mentioning like DLC releases, technical headsup and of course Megapack info when it was finally announced.

TDU2 News is a mishmash due to the way that info is found and released. It's better for those who haven't see the threads before to see them separately ie magazine previews; instead of 1 giant thread have them as their own. Tbh I'm thinking of adding a Magazine Preview & Articles to the TDU2 FAQ and linking them so that this info is sort of in one place.

Remember TDU2 is not out yet, we haven't seen it in action or anything so getting rid or condensing down TDU sections is not right for now, it will be in the coming months sure but as of now it's not really an option.

Keep the feedback coming guys, we'll be getting onto this as quickly as we can once we're able to.

Guest turbo lag
This.

And a physics section!

To add on to my original post...

Like others have said, there needs to be a complete overhaul of the Mod Shop as a whole. As far as the structure goes; there's the:

- Mod Shop

- Mod Requests

- Mod Tools and Support

Right now, the Mod Shop is all over the joint; there's modifications being posted everywhere. Firstly there's the new physics modifications which mostly I make, and they're just all over the place in the Mod Shop forum itself. Not only that, but there are now quite a few of other random modifications that fit into nowhere. To counter this; I propose an/some extra subforum/s added, one for possibly "Random Mods", which could be practically anything, including for instance Physics Mods and whatever else there may be. If not, 2 child forums to balance it out; a "Physics Mods" section and a "Other Mods" section.

I personally think the problem of people posting in wrong places is due to the sub forums (the mid way sub forums) in the Mod Shop itself, eg. this place, this place etc. To be honest I don't see much productivity in these sections; because for instance the Vehicle Models basically has some "Mod Workshops", some random questions that relate to just about any random subject for that matter, and people asking for help for whatever and some requests. The problem with this is many members simply skip to the Released, Beta, W.I.P sections overlooking the mid way forums. To counter this, what if a completely new section was made in the "Requests" forum; or infact a completely new section dedicated to let people ask questions about modding as a whole? As of now, the Mod Shop isn't organised very well, and it doesn't help the new guys who lurk the forums. I personally still have problems figuring out where I saw this thread etc, there's just too many sub forums that are active under the same name. They all need to be sorted out.

The requests section right now is a joke; it's full of people just saying "plz do this, thx." And the 10 posts minimum thing is pointless, if they want to request, they'll just go around spamming to reach it. There's also obviously people requesting without checking the Released sections first or searching. I don't want to see it canned however either, because then people will start requesting everywhere else. There needs to be some type of tighter control or guidelines before requesting that everyone must see. The noobs grow up in there, and their general behaviour spills out onto the other forums. If anything, the 10 post thing should be removed so people won't spam their way upto it, and it also means that the noobs will stay there and spam and not in the important threads. Don't let the noobs migrate onto the more important sections with the same attitude in other words.

So what the hell am I suggesting you may ask?

Here's what I think the forums need to be organised into...

- Mod Shop

-- Released Mods

--- Vehicle Models

--- Vehicle Customisation

--- Sound Mods

--- Dials, Gauges, GUI Mods

--- Environment Mods

--- Traffic Mods

--- Physics Mods

--- Other Mods

--- "Modification Workshops"

-- Beta Mods

--- Vehicle Models

--- Sound Mods

--- Environment Mods

--- Traffic Mods

--- Physics Mods

--- Other Mods

-- W.I.P Mods

--- Vehicle Models

--- Sound Mods

--- Environment Mods

--- Traffic Mods

--- Physics Mods

--- Other Mods

- Modding Tools

-- Modding Tools, Support, Questions etc.

-- Djey's Modding Tools

-- Dredgy's Performance Editor

-- Support for TDU in general

- Requests Section

-- Vehicle Models

-- Vehicle Customisation

-- Sound Mods

-- Dials, Gauges, GUI Mods

-- Environment Mods

-- Traffic Mods

-- Physics Mods

-- Other Mods

- Help and Support Section

-- General help and support for any modding related issue.

With these organised properly, there needs to be no mid way place and just about everything should fit in somewhere.

---------------------------------

Basically:

- the less strict it is, the less organised the place will be.

- the more organised it is, the less strict it needs to be.

There's something for you to dwell over...

I'd say you pretty much hit the spot with the new layout and extra awesome stuff thats been added.

Tis brill that you got a new Moderator too (Congrats Mikeh :D)

The only thing that needs done (and i know loads of people have said it before me) is the Mod Shop

I agree with the idea suggested in the above post for the mod shop.

And I also think that we should look into making the modshop a moderated forum to make sure that no requests get put into the wrong sections, mods are released in the correct sections and that they follow the template properly.

This would stop any argumentative posts, off-topic posts, etc. But we would probably need some mod mods.

If you do think about this idea, then a modshop verified usergroup could be made so well behaved members don't need their posts moderating in the modshop.

And also a side thought, if the modshop does take on the above structure then couldn't it help with the server load? Members and guest wouldn't have to make so many database queries to get to the section that they want. They'd have to go through one or two pages as opposed to 3 or 4 pages which all have a list of threads in each.

Guest turbo lag
I agree with the idea suggested in the above post for the mod shop.

And I also think that we should look into making the modshop a moderated forum to make sure that no requests get put into the wrong sections, mods are released in the correct sections and that they follow the template properly.

This would stop any argumentative posts, off-topic posts, etc. But we would probably need some mod mods.

If you do think about this idea, then a modshop verified usergroup could be made so well behaved members don't need their posts moderating in the modshop.

And also a side thought, if the modshop does take on the above structure then couldn't it help with the server load? Members and guest wouldn't have to make so many database queries to get to the section that they want. They'd have to go through one or two pages as opposed to 3 or 4 pages which all have a list of threads in each.

This sounds great; however remember that the moderators must be in completely different time zones and such. Right now the active moderator user base is mainly from GMT (UK) and surrounding countries. I think there needs to be some new Mod Mods from other places. Since I come from a larger joint, I can safely say that this method works very well in keeping the place under control. They make sure the Moderator user base is well spread out to keep maximum control possible at all time.

Other than that, I agree with the ideas you've mentioned. :)

Thanks, we've only just started though and you may find some unexpected irks while we get everything sorted. The physics section isn't ready to go live yet and the templates, READ FIRST's, tutorial threads, forum permissions etc still have to be done. They'll be done later today though as I want it done for the weekend.

Appreciate the feedback and like I always say, tell us what you think as we are one of probably few communities that do listen to what our members have to say. :D

This is only the start!

What about doing away with requests??

Just let the Mods come out with whatever they come out with?

I don't know that much about what goes on in the PC section but yeah. It would bring down the number threads.

If the request section is gone everyone will pm modders for requests!

There is two type of request.

One that can be done,because guy founded source,and second that can't be done because no one in the world have model/sound/whatever and don't wants to bother with that.

Request section reduces the spam in the mod section/modders inbox,but in any other way it is useless.Simply modders don't look at request section.