We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Season Mod Auto installer by TheDuck38

TheDuck38

This is the evolution of the Crazy Winter auto installer... it is able to install 3 main modes :

- Opelos_Hun's Crazy winter Edition

- Opelos_hun's Tropical Paradise

- Atsu_fd's Japanese Autumn

Plus the corresponding available sub-mods (like 'Snowy light' with CWE)

... and add 3 lighting modes :

- Maciuk's weather mod

- iLLusion's Winter Paradise (for winter mod only)

- Crazydoc's Day and Night mod - posted by Iced_Bullet

- You can also install as a sub-mod of 'Standard', the HQ trees by Opelos_Hun. The sizes are set to 32.

- It is possible to customize your own installation to make your mix of mod files. To be used with caution... and with a backup :D

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac164/TheDuck48/Divers/TDUSModv21-1.png

News :

-----

2010-04-19

o Security has been increased (no way to install anything if TDU's running); the interface is better, and the program keeps your default TDU folder... it still backups your installed files before swapping from 'normal' mode to specific mod...

2010-04-20

o With some (future) users inputs, I added a specific "Standard sub-mode" where user can customize his own mod, using whatever files he wants... and just install with 1 click and restore at will.

o Changed the folders structure to make the program more versatile

2010-04-22

o Added a log file of mod installations

2010-04-27

o Release !!!

GameFront links

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21330462/TDU_SeasonMod_AS_v2_2_7z_001/

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21330500/TDU_SeasonMod_AS_v2_2_7z_002/

Checksums

FreeFilehosting Links

Segment 1

Segment 2

Checksums

--------------------------------------

Release notes :

o You need the first version (Crazy Winter Auto Installer, available here) to use this one, as it is an upgrade (to avoid to download again 1.2Gb of data).

o If you already use the CWE program, you MUST restore 'normal mode' before installing the upgrade. If you got both programs at the same time, just install the two in a row...

o Install is long (10+ min for Crazy Winter Edition install & 10+ min for upgrading to Season Mod installer).

o The installer will put the necessary files at their places, and remove the old ones from previous version. Then it will launch the app used to switch mods.

o PLEASE, TELL ME IF YOU LIKE IT ;)

o Tell me also if you have trouble to install or use...

Enjoy !!!

--------------------------------------

TheDuck38

• Replies 57
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ryzza5,

What is "Alpine and Winter wonderland" ? Is it "Crazy Winter Edition" from Opelos_hun ? If yes, it is already implemented in the other installer I made : Crazy winter Auto Setup... you can add iLLusion's lighting effect that has fir trees...

You will also need this other installer to upgrade to the 'Season Mod installer'.

TD38.

Illusion made the Winer Wonderland addon for the CWE (not talking about the weather mode). It adds different trees. He has a link to it in his signature so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

In the Tropical mod thread, there are various quality downloads for the trees. The Low & High Quality downloads are tropical trees, but the Highest Quality one at the bottom of the first post has the Alpine tree selection.

Trees....

Illusion made the Winer Wonderland addon for the CWE (not talking about the weather mode). It adds different trees. He has a link to it in his signature so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

In the Tropical mod thread, there are various quality downloads for the trees. The Low & High Quality downloads are tropical trees, but the Highest Quality one at the bottom of the first post has the Alpine tree selection.

Hello again,

The lighting and alpine trees mod by iLLusion (Winter paradise 2.0) is already implemented in the CWE installer...

Concerning the trees provided at the bottom of the tropical post, they are not white... so they'll be weird in snow environment ! But I could add them as a sub-mode of 'Normal mode' in the new Season Mod installer. :)

TD38

• 3 weeks later...

hi, I have a problem. If i start the progam and then I choose at TDU folder: C:\PF\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited. I got an error, it says: Ypur actual mode is UNKNOWN. INSTALLER WILL NOT WORK. sorry. What i need to do?

But if I go further and I choose Tropical Paradise v2.2, Dark roads and Maciuk's weather mod. I click on install and get an error. it says: There's an error with the install script: C:\PF\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\TDUseason\tropical paradise v2.2\darkroads\darkroads.script.

What I doing wrong?

I hope u can help me. sry for my english ;)

hi, I have a problem. If i start the progam and then I choose at TDU folder: C:\PF\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited. I got an error, it says: Ypur actual mode is UNKNOWN. INSTALLER WILL NOT WORK. sorry. What i need to do?

But if I go further and I choose Tropical Paradise v2.2, Dark roads and Maciuk's weather mod. I click on install and get an error. it says: There's an error with the install script: C:\PF\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\TDUseason\tropical paradise v2.2\darkroads\darkroads.script.

What I doing wrong?

I hope u can help me. sry for my english ;)

Hello, sorry for the late reply...

When you select your TDU folder, the program checks that <TDU Path>\euro\level\hawai exists. If yes, it checks the actual mode. The actual mode is written inside a text file (mode.txt) that is in the 'TDU season' folder that should be inside your TDU folder... except if you selected another folder than the TDU application folder when you installed the first program (TDU winter 1.5).

When you launch the first installer (for the 1.5 version), you MUST select your TDU folder as install folder.

If it is your problem, just uninstall TDU season, check you have nothing called 'TDU season' inside your TDU folder, and re-install everything.

Else, if you selected the correct folder, the just tell me if you have a

C:\PF\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\TDUseason folder and if it actually contains the "mode.txt" file. Also you can check what's inside this file...

Tell me and I will reply according to your results.

Theduck38

thnx for the help. I did what U say and now there is no fold. I have the map MODE.txt. de .txt says Restored.

It is oke now?

Hello,

Did I get it correct, did you originally install the 1.5 version in another folder than TDU application folder ?

If you uninstalled everything and re-installed in the TDU folder, it should work correctly.

Now you should have inside your TDU application folder a subfolder called 'TDU Season' containing a "mode.txt" file containing 'restored'...

Anyway if there is something wrong, the program won't accept to work...

Tell me if it works now, please...

Bye

TD38

problem

Hi,

I was ecstatic when I found there is an all-in-one package mod for seasons and weather, just what I was looking for! So I installed both Crazy Winter and then Season mod with no problems, it said everything was successful. Only when I tried actually playing the game problem occurred. Crazy Winter always freezes after I hit the Continue game button, the game goes to one of my houses, then it says Network connection lost, I hit OK, it automatically switches to Crazy Winter screen saying "Loading... Wait please" and then nothing happens. It just hangs there forever. Another problem happens with Tropical paradise, it either says there's an error or crashes to desktop. Japanese autumn, however, plays fine.

Any idea what could be wrong, guys?

Hi,

I was ecstatic when I found there is an all-in-one package mod for seasons and weather, just what I was looking for! So I installed both Crazy Winter and then Season mod with no problems, it said everything was successful. Only when I tried actually playing the game problem occurred. Crazy Winter always freezes after I hit the Continue game button, the game goes to one of my houses, then it says Network connection lost, I hit OK, it automatically switches to Crazy Winter screen saying "Loading... Wait please" and then nothing happens. It just hangs there forever. Another problem happens with Tropical paradise, it either says there's an error or crashes to desktop. Japanese autumn, however, plays fine.

Any idea what could be wrong, guys?

Hello,

Did you install DJey's Magic map ? It is a file to allow the game to accept files bigger than original ones...

Get it here...

Usually, problems like you describe come from this. If you already have it, I don't see where can be the issue... can you describe your config ?

TheDuck38

Hello,

Did you install DJey's Magic map ? It is a file to allow the game to accept files bigger than original ones...

Get it here...

Usually, problems like you describe come from this. If you already have it, I don't see where can be the issue... can you describe your config ?

TheDuck38

Thanx a lot, it was the Magic Map issue, sorry for being such a noob :))

Great work with installers BTW, I love them!

• 1 month later...
    When used the program everything seemed fine, but went in game and got this

(Pict)

And It acted as though none of the files in standard mode are there.

Hi,

Could you you send me your log files of the Season Mod installer, it is inside the 'TDU Season' folder, and called "TDU Smod Log.txt" ?

Did you remove the 'Read only' tag on TDU/euro/bnk/level/hawai' ???

TD38

Yup did that, but it the partial restore when I change anything:(

Basically, my app just takes the files in the specific folders (like "Tropical Paradise v2.2") and copies them in your TDU folder, replacing the original ones.

As far as I can read in the log file, your TDU folder must now be a mess... sorry for this. Let's repair :

1/ Reading the log file, I see some weird files writing errors. We need to figure out why there are random file transfers failures in your TDU folders :

- Did you remove before using the installer, the read only tags on all your TDU folders and subfolders ?

- Do you have enough disk space ?

- Did you give the full rights to 'user' if using vista or 7 ?

If you gave the rights after having tried to use the installer, maybe all the problems come from this. In the log, I see that some files that were not 'writeable' became writeable on other days...

- Can you run a HDD health utility to ensure your disk is keeping the files with no damage ?

2/ When the file transfer problem is solved; I must help you to recover your original install :

- If you made a complete backup before using my installer, you can just uninstall my app, replace the 'Euro' entire folder, and it's done...

- If not (despite I told you you should in the readme :)), it will be a little bit more complicated. There is a procedure for manual restoration in the readme of the installer. This assumes that the content of 'restoration' folder is not corrupt; which is not your case. Then I will send you a package of the correct files (i.e original ones) so that you can manually restore them at their original place. We'll see this later, as it will depend on solving the file transfer issue or not.

If you could please answer my questions, maybe I will see what happened. It's very strange that the simple action of replacing files did not work.

TD38

Edit : Could you expand in file explorer all the directory structure of 'TDU Season' and make a screenshot ? Just to check all the necessary folders are there... and also please give me the size of your 'TDU Season' folder. Thx.