We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Which anime is the most popular in US or Europe for now?

BrokenMadoka

(Warning: Bear with my grammar plz! If any grammatical error, plz excuse me, and if u r kind enough plz correct me and I will appreciate it.:)

So I had heard that Higurashi when they cry had been the most popular anime at last year for a while in US. Also I noticed many of you loved Soul Eater very much(so do I. XD).

Anyway, I am curious about which one is taking this place now. :) Can somebody tell me?

Btw, you can just talk about the anime you like!

the popularity of digimon can't even put a compare to pokemon

this type(the title) of question is just too broad, as it consists child anime, teen anime even westerns etc...

anyways, i personally think that pokemon as a product is a such success (for the younger audiences)

that reminds me just recently i went to my neighborhood's house to fix their wireless, and i saw their children were watching pokemon...

It was in my APUS class, someone suggested that we should watch pokemon after the AP exam, then my teacher said" then somebody will say why don't we watch Digimon", so I thought that Digimon did has some kinda popularity among them. (Although afterward the class suggested to watch Gundam lol ~)

I used to be a POKEMON anime lover, until Best Wishes showed up.Not going to buy XY and 3DS, same here. The only Pokemon games that I successfully played to the end were the Pokemon Rangers(do I spell it correct?), fail :D

If your English is bad then you should play more English translated games!

I don't know much about US, less Europe.  Generally the popular shows like best three friends: naruto, bleach & one piece I guess! maybe but I do observe more people who like anime based on visual novels, like haruhi, I think that one has persevered all this years not a big fan of it but I noticed that.

Pokemon... as long children exits so shall be Pokemon (long live to pokemon!!) xD I've never be into pokemon, not my thing, not because i'm not a kid, because is boring to me, (I still watch cartoons) but indeed is a generation of series, that [right now] I don't feel is too popular right know.

If I would say something about centre-and south america, there naruto, bleach (losing popularity, may be due to its completion.), one piece, fairy tail, katekyo hitman, saint seiya after many years still a furor, evangelion, D gray man, even death note I think around the  world many titles, old or new still cause impact  and forever-ever titles like i don't know.. pokemon, evangelion, saint seiya (as long the industry keep working on them or not) popularity still resides.

one piece is the only one i still watch from the 'best three friends', so i have no doubt it's popularity

as even in Japan, it is still the best selling manga, just look at the weekly sold volumes, in taiwan too, not sure about other places

there is another evangelion movie coming to the U.S theater this month, still quite popular it seems

that evangelion movie is supposed to be the last one... I wonder if finally Gainax will be quiet with it.

I have not seen one piece, just few episodes, seems to be good. I'm more into naruto, and yeah! the weekly and monthly selling list is always on top, both of them.