We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is it me, or does TDU 2....

Merle

...have real sloppy driving physics (controls). I play with a G25.

TDU1 feels more controlable. Now when you turn left or right, it's like you constantly need to correct your steering. It's hard to describe, but I ain't feelin' the driving behaviour of these cars at all!

Another thing: when you lower your throttle, the car immediately stops, like it's braking for you... Pffff, did I wait for this all these years?

And WHY DID THEY LEAVE OUT THE OPTION TO TURN ON/OFF THE ENGINE :mad: !! That was one cool feature :( !!!!

Back to TDU1 I guess

I think it's actually far better in TDU2 ... for example overtaking is much more realistic....TDU1 was...kind of swaggy, you know...to sensitive...TDU2 is just the way it should be. But that's only my opinion.

How do you know that?Game is coming out tommorow.

TDU1 is working perfect with G25 on 900 degree rotation.I hope that TDU2 will beat that.

Talking about sound... I dont know if its my problem, but its too low, i mean the sound in general i have to put my loudspeakers to the half (or more), when i usually play games with a quarter of the power :/

Any suggestions??

Btw, i think the steering its a bit odd. It starts steering rapidly, not smooth. I guess i'll get used to it.

Cheers!

I played an hour of it yesterday and wished I hadn't even got the game... The steering is almost the same as NFS HP 2010, you can't turn off you're engine, you can't choose which races you wan't to complete (you have to complete the whole tournament), you have to find the car dealers, there is no animation in the interior view when you shift the gears and so on... (And yes I play with the G25)...

First of all, it is not just you. I'd say a majority of the players who voice their opinions are complaining about the physics. Second of all, I think you've phrased it best, Merle - "sloppy" seems to be the most accurate way to describe it.

Thirdly, how did you all get your G25's to work? I'm not talking about specific settings, but how did you get the wheel to respond in game? My throttle pedal is jammed partially open (revs to right before redline and then holds it there, won't move in any gear).

-Leadfoot

The driving wheels (such as G25, G27) don't work right because they are simply emulating a controller.

There is no true force-feed back in TDU2, there is vibration or "rumble" ... you can set up some workarounds, but the coding is just not there.

The brake and throttle are on the same axis ... no heel/toe control like in TDU1

The clutch is a digital button with a time delay slider ... its simply on or off, no feathering control and you can't stall (unless you crash).

There has to be a patch released for TDU2 to have proper wheel support. Until then all you can do is experiment with your profiler software with centre spring force and wheel rotation degrees.

@Leadfoot[YT]: Try dissabling the "combined pedals/single axis" option in the G25 settings (control panel/game controllers/Logitech G25/Settings and then somewhere here)! I have it dissengaded and I have no problem with the G25 in TDU2. And now that I have done some tweaking its a bit better but still really dissapointing.... -.-