We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My Pad Settings (towards more realistic)

Eudemon

• 1 month later...

Erm, why is everyone saying Sport feels better than hardcore? Surely NO aids is better than some, right? Whatever, learn to drive maybe. I already got my handling sorted, the Zonda is OMG fast, I don't know how people say the Veyrons are unbeatable, maybe in a straight line, but at a corners braking point, a zonda just lifts the throttle to about 75% and storms in pretty much full bore, and grips, a Veyron, you gotta brake a bit or die.

Btw, that's all on hardcore, I never even played anything else cos I want to drive the car, not the computer. (And tbh, the computer already takes away too much of the control from you, even in hardcore it feels like I'm being kept straight by some magical powers as opposed to you know, just driving the car effectively. In the end of the day, I can kick ass in any class, on any given track, so I'm happy. :)

Hardcore setting doesn't feel natural in certain situations whereas Sport seems to give a more gradual progression of traction which feels as it should do. I started playing on Hardcore from day 1 but after messing about with the settings and trying Sport to test the different grip levels Sport felt a lot better to me.

I'm as surprised as you at this but for myself and others Sport appears to be the way to go. Everyone is different though but I would ask you to try Sport out and see what you think for yourself.

Lmfao, tried sport mode out earlier on in the Veyron SS, sport mode may as well just have the NFS logo on it and called it "import NFS handling" mode. It's very very easy to drive VERY VERY fast, and without a single risk of failing. Insta-win mode! (Edit: Actually, if sport mode is this easy to go so fast, surely the other one, full aids, i forgot the name, is even easier and even faster? Which begs the question, HOW DO PEOPLE STRUGGLE WITH LICENSE TESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)(Wait, cos they are noob)

No. Hardcore I'll stick with, simply because it's actually a challenge to drive the SS like that. I struggle to find challenges in other players, so I have to find a challenge somewhere, otherwise what's the point in playing? I know, just to chill and stuff, but it get's boring when you can drive every car perfectly without having to even learn the car that much cos sport mode will do all the hardest work for you.

That challenge is still up for anyone on X360. :)

I have found another tactic to drive on this game, and it's so smooth in the steering, it feels like a steering wheel using a controller, if anyone can figure out what I have done, you'll get a nice surprise. :)

Using this, the cars are so fast through the turns, much faster than anyone playing normally. Much faster than I can even manage playing normally. :)

Noone even wants to take a guess on the "steering wheel smoothness from a controller" method? :)

Not surprised tbh, who wants to know a trick to a game that's already dead anyway.

With this trick though, everything is better, cruising is smoother and more precise, and you don't end up going sideways from quickly turning left right left right left right, and on and on.

Ohhh and it makes the indicators self-cancel feature work 95% better and it feels more natural turning left/right from a stop at a junction. (I bet atleast ONE person on this forum will be able to figure it out from this little writing, if not, then I guess things hidden in plain sight truly are the hardest to find. :)

With my setting it feels this way anyway (imo), you have to do fairly minor turns with the stick though except for junctions and such.

Try this simple test, 2CV, Ibiza N-S Highway, find a flat straight, get to the amazing top speed of 66MPH (Stg4, less if less tuning), then quickly turn left right left right left right, keep going til you lose control. I can go all the way along without losing control, I bet you can't. :) Atleast not if you turn at the same speed I do. :)

I thought it was more a case of flipping on your roof, than just 'losing control' in that car ;)

Strangely enough, it's the most drift happy car in the game. I think it's a tie between the Veyron's and the Caterham's for the most time spent on roof/scraping your scalp along the tarmac (in the Caterham's :P). They like to flip onto their roof after the slightest jump, very annoying in the Caterham up mountain roads.