We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Thinking about buying TDU2?

Telos

Hi everyone. First time back here for a long time. I got tired of the first TDU after a lot of playing and now I've been wondering if I should go and buy the TDU2. I would like to hear your comments about it when comparing to the first TDU? I just love(d) the first TDU so how does the latest compare to it? I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about it. Some say it's total crap and others praise it. How is it? How are the bugs that I've been reading about? How is the current state of the game? Anyway, if it's anything like the first one, I can't wait to get cruising with some of you guys and gals!

Hopefully, someone with TDU2 on the 360 will post, but all I can tell you so far is this. The PS3 and 360 versions of TDU2 have never been updated with the Exploration DLC. That means they don't have the Lancia Stratos and the Dodge Charger and many bugs aren't fixed.

I'm on the total crap side when judging the game, but I still play it because it had a huge potential to be a great game. Some of my friends however say it's great. In some areas, it's better than TDU1, but also worse. I recommend you try and find a copy that's on sale. It just isn't worth the money it's supposed to be.

It's disappointing, to say the least. If you've got nothing else to play and the game is for sales for $10, then sure, go grab it - otherwise I'd recommend you wait until the game reaches said price (EBGames, who usually are the biggest rip-offs, have already dropped its price down to $30).

• 1 month later...

Ok, I bought the game and I must say that after few days of playing, I really enjoy it. Well, the graphics are not as great as you would expect and other things are not as polished either but so far those things haven't bothered me much. I've really enjoyed playing the game. Looking forward cruising with you!

The PS3 and 360 versions of TDU2 have never been updated with the Exploration DLC. That means they don't have the Lancia Stratos and the Dodge Charger and many bugs aren't fixed.

The patch is out now and the servers are a lot better :)

• 3 weeks later...