We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Toyota Celica GT-Four

TIMELESS

Since I keep spamming my 'Car Dilema' thread.. I might as well make this instead :lol:

This is our Toyota Celica GT-Four WRC (homologation model) with 169,857 miles on the clock and still going strong! As it's the rare WRC model it comes with a Recaro SR drivers seat, white OZ Racing WRC wheels and some stronger engine parts. It was recently dyno'd at 220bhp, 20-30 down from standard, but still a good figure for the miles and age, and it still does 0-60 in 6 seconds or under :)

We plan to buy new plugs, leads, dizzy and rotor, air intake and boost controller to make a good 280-310bhp. Sometime in the future we may even go for a rebuild upto 400bhp.. but only time will tell...

The rare OZ WRC wheels just came back from being refurb'd and painted..

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

220 bhp, was that in the engine or on the wheels? If it's on the wheels which i assume it's perfectly normal. There is always a power loss of something like 20-40 bhp from the engine to the wheels on all cars, more on 4WD cars since there's a lot more stuff that needs turning.

A front mounted intercooler is said to give a decent amount of horsepower on these. You should look into that.

Looks good tho :)

Very nice Toyotas you have! 160k on the Celica is pretty good, looks you take care of it. :nods: What engine does the IS have? Diesel?

Thanks! 176k now :D And yes we do, washed atleast once a week, we give her the genuine Toyota stuff too, when she needs it. And yes the IS is the 220d, brilliant engine.. 400nm of goodness.

220 bhp, was that in the engine or on the wheels? If it's on the wheels which i assume it's perfectly normal. There is always a power loss of something like 20-40 bhp from the engine to the wheels on all cars, more on 4WD cars since there's a lot more stuff that needs turning.

A front mounted intercooler is said to give a decent amount of horsepower on these. You should look into that.

Looks good tho :)

220bhp at the engine, normally I think it's around 200-210 at the wheels, like you said about the loss from 4WD. I'd say she should make a bit more now that she's had a good service. Probably wouldn't bother with an FMIC until we're over 300. Intake, exhaust (we already have custom made one) and boost controller gets a good 280-300bhp, so that'd probably be first.

Cheers!

I love that Celica. Looks like a great car to drive. And the fact that it's been going that long and still having properly quick performance is impressive.

Thanks dude, it is. They're seriously strong engines, this one survived a fire* (seriously) and it still goes like new.

Will have to get a good video sometime.. needs a mount though, any suggestions? :hmmm:

*note: we now carry an extinguisher with us.. xD

• 4 years later...

Time for a wee bump. 4 years and 10,000 miles later the Celica is finally getting some pretty things:

HKS Hi-Power (3" front to back, 4"? tip)

R2UJtl9.jpg

BC Racing suspension all round:

3zRGyXG.jpg

Shiny aluminium radiator and new hoses:

gEOxld2.jpg

I'm many excites. Coming soon: wheel refurbishment (again but properly), new seats, possibly a new intake, eventually a respray.

Exhaust tomorrow hopefully or Friday, suspension and radiator on Monday. And don't worry it's got a silencer so it shouldn't sound yobbish or stupidly loud (I'm looking at you Type R with 3" straight-through) :p

And the application form is ready to be sent off, just need to get some pics of my beautiful face. :nods:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.