We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools II [Release 2.1.0.0]

Djey

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honnest, I can't give a date as I should free a whole week at least to work on it. Mission:Impossible :)

As latest bugs ans issues lead me to think that it's time to rebuild BNK management from scratch. Current way is a legacy from TDU1 and is way too hard to handle without braking existing code.

And I'm not talking about new features (XMB, ....) obviously. The sole thing I could advise you, is to enjoy TDU1/2 with current modding features without expecting anything.

Sorry about that, but I'm confident about new teams (Unofficial Patch and independent modders) to go on with the awesome ;)

I was using the .bnk manager to make a mod and all of a sudden, it gave me readings like its an incorrect format or cannot be read. I did not change anything. I was just using it how I have been. Is there any idea of what could go wrong? Is it my model? Is it the program? I tried restarting my computer, but still no luck. :(

• 2 years later...

OK...

BTW2: Could you consider to open up the source code and publish it under some free software license (I will be surprised even with some more restrictive license, such as GNU GPL v2/v3)? I think I have some intermediate knowledge of C and C++ (but almost no knowledge of C Sharp), and I can do some work.

That's written in C# language.

Open sourcing it is not a bad idea, although I thought that noone would like to see this piece of crap anyway :)

Permissive license is not an issue, currently publishing on Github with MIT License or Apache 2.0.

I would just need to do a bit of cleaning for tracks of copyrighted material into it.

But.

As I haven't enough time to work on all my projects, I won't guarantee to provide any support with this source code. I might not remember how it works as well :D

That's written in C# language.

Open sourcing it is not a bad idea, although I thought that noone would like to see this piece of crap anyway :)

Permissive license is not an issue, currently publishing on Github with MIT License or Apache 2.0.

I would just need to do a bit of cleaning for tracks of copyrighted material into it.

But.

As I haven't enough time to work on all my projects, I won't guarantee to provide any support with this source code. I might not remember how it works as well :D

Oh I am also interested. May I also raise my hand?:)

Oh, that would be great! The only problem for me is the C Sharp, but I think I could learn it.

BTW: Could you release both the Release and the latest Beta version on the GitHub repo?

BTW2: Thank you for your work, for the OSSing of your programs, and for not being like lalalalalalala.

BTW3: Binbow could we do some work together? Do you also do C and C++, or you are a C Sharp man?

BTW4: I will try to do some little rewrite of your code, and possibly try to rewrite it to C++.

BTW5: Does your program compile with Mono, or is it purely a Microsoft-ish program?

Oh, that would be great! The only problem for me is the C Sharp, but I think I could learn it.

C++ to C# should be a breeze, that is significantly safer and cleaner to code with it. Both are object oriented languages btw.

Personally I'm now mostly coding in Java but I can read C# as well.

BTW: Could you release both the Release and the latest Beta version on the GitHub repo?
Beta is on a branch, so it should be easy to do so with GIT :)

BTW2: Thank you for your work, for the OSSing of your programs, and for not being like lalalalalalala.
The only thing I'm lalalalala with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy4TqSbeQR8

BTW4: I will try to do some little rewrite of your code, and possibly try to rewrite it to C++.
As long as you can publish your work in return in the public domain, there's no problem with it.

BTW5: Does your program compile with Mono, or is it purely a Microsoft-ish program?
Never tried with Mono, some parts may, some others not (like the user interface part). In any case it works with Visual Studio Community (free).

BTW3: Binbow could we do some work together? Do you also do C and C++, or you are a C Sharp man?

I'm developing in a ”Delphi" language ( == objective pascal). So, not familiar to C #. I hope to learn about how to handle the "carvstconfig.xmb".

It is not compilable in Mono on Linux because of the UI part, but there are still two surprizes: The rewrite to Gtk# would be probably relatively easy, and the non-open-source Fesersoft lib would be easily replaceable. I think I will have it finished in cca. one week. I will however wait for the beta version to come from you and try to rewrite the beta version first to not do the same conversion twice...