We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool's left modding

Ahautcar

Didn't find a duplicate thread here so I figured I should make one.

Hello all,

I say a very early and sad goodbye to TDU2 modding, very stupid people and mod stealing community's. screw TDU2 modding I am only going to mod for myself. Thanks to the knob's who steal and open mods, my time has been cut short.

Sorry to all Exclusive Members for their time also cut short. I just don't feel like public releasing anything at all now.

Why must people open mods? What for.. I wouldn't open yours or even take it. I was doing mods to keep you guys happy and expand your game, simply you just want me to do the work for you, then you can modify it it seems. So this is the final straw, stealing and now modifying and stealing my first 2 TDU2 mods that aren't even using TDU2 to its full is very low.

I thank all who have supported me and I will not come back simple, write all the PM's you want but sorry ain't happen, people keep taking mods and opening, ive had enough.

*If anyone did know about this before and didn't say, I am very dispointed in you for not telling me. Otherwise I wouldn't of even bothered with modding in the first place.

If a swear filter wasn't on.. I would really use curse words right now.

Cya,

From pissed of Tool831.

From this.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blablablabla. Seen this before ( I think he left TDU1 modding twice ), he just wants attention. If he was making the actual models, it would be a different story, but he just takes the models, edits them a bit and puts them in a game, it isn't rocket science or something. He's just an attention seeker that thinks he's really important. But to be honest, I can't care less if he leaves TDU modding, and maybe someone needs to remind him of that.

Blablablabla. Seen this before ( I think he left TDU1 modding twice ), he just wants attention. If he was making the actual models, it would be a different story, but he just takes the models, edits them a bit and puts them in a game, it isn't rocket science or something. He's just an attention seeker that thinks he's really important. But to be honest, I can't care less if he leaves TDU modding, and maybe someone needs to remind him of that.

And a +rep for you sir =) No need to add more words of wisdom to that, as you said it all =)

Blablablabla. Seen this before ( I think he left TDU1 modding twice )

I think so

Maybe he seeks only attention, maybe not - i don't want to judge about it!

I can understand that he is angry, but I agree with tdu66 ....

If he was making the actual models, it would be a different story, but he just takes the models, edits them a bit and puts them in a game, it isn't rocket science or something.

I am currently working on an idea, an Modding-Agreement/license/whatever you will call it.

Explained in a few words:

Modders could release there conversions unlocked (with terms)!

Commercial use of this modification is strictly prohibited!

All Registered Trademarks and Copyrights are property of their respective owners.

It is allowed to edit the modification - Changes must be registered in the readme file. (with the name of the author)

The modification must pass under the same conditions.

It's not allowed to delete original parts of the readme-file, especially not the original authors.

Maybe more

This way we would avoid duplicative created mods and people could improve other work or edit it (tuning-versions for example).

In the end, i see no point for this thread ...

He has not published mods for tdu2 at this site. / Interested people already noticed his posting.

He is gone!? - Ok, sad for many people - BUT he was not the only one, who was able to convert models to TDU2!

Maybe he comes back one day.

Best regards

Stefan

It is allowed to edit the modification - Changes must be registered in the readme file. (with the name of the author)

The modification must pass under the same conditions.

It's not allowed to delete original parts of the readme-file, especially not the original authors.

now that's some interesting thoughs,i hope it go foward :D

In order to clarify -

It's like a dream.

It will be difficult to implement - perhabs some modders don't want to share their work (invsted time for conversion) this way.

Many people will ingnore the "rules" and do whatever they want with the modifications.

But this could boost the cooperation between modders.

best regards

Hmm... I think he's decision should be respected. (Why offense now?)

He makes many content for TDU2, and contributed/started the TDU2 extracting project.

And here the tricky question for smart commenters here:

You what have you done so far?

Of course, nothing.

Just post very clever comments, beacuse is cool.

well,i've made a couple of rims :rolleyes:

jokes apart this don't changes the fact that tool's a hypocrite,he rip,edit and release models from other games without the consent of the creators,so this is basically steal models,exactly the same thing he whines about

He's acting as if his cars are selfmade and not stolen/converted from existing models, yet I think even 1 is too high of a number when you count the vehicles he modeled from scratch himself.

And the question of what others have done sofar is in my honest opinion only partially at its place at best, because other people simply don't model because they don't have the patience or talent for it, or because they don't have the tools (I never cared modding TDU because it requires zmodeler and I have a strong dislike for that program). This is a forum so we can discuss and share our own opinions on this. You can also say you hate the design of the Bugatti 16C Galibier, and nobody asks ''so what cars have you designed sofar?''. You see the point? ;)

Of course, nothing.

Now I don't claim to have been the first person to mod TDU, but I was here when it started.

I remember when people would get excited about a simple texture change, those were the days...

http://forum.tdu-central.com/threads/4199

I honestly don't think modding would be where it is now without those initial steps.

You can also say you hate the design of the Bugatti 16C Galibier, and nobody asks ''so what cars have you designed sofar?''. You see the point? ;)

I see, but this the TDU2 Mod Shop. This thread helpfull anybody for better modding? Or release something?

Or just a simple chit/chat for people who did not like Tool? (Until he decided to left.)

Ps.: Thanks for nameless -reps.

TDU2[/color][/b] Mod Shop. This thread helpfull anybody for better modding? Or release something?

You've got a point there, but I think just as a general notice it's fine.

Due to the nature of the thread it's sure to get some less serious replies, but I don't see another section it fits better.

I've done nothing for the modding community, however, I model cars for games for a living, and while I wouldn't have a problem with people converting them to other games, I would have a problem with someone being so fussed over people stealing models that they've essentially stolen from me.

Woooo...

I give him roughly 2 weeks before he starts again. :rolleyes:

You all know it's going to happen because it's happened several times before. And people stealing his mods? Like he never stole the models in the first place.

Woooo...

I give him roughly 2 weeks before he starts again. :rolleyes:

You all know it's going to happen because it's happened several times before. And people stealing his mods? Like he never stole the models in the first place.

go post it at tdu forums and get ur post deleted LOL :P