We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How is this for support...

Sly870

Oh fanatec was epic! I had a 911 Carrera at first, but it took a lot to start, so i thought it didnt start (never thought it would start if i gave it 10 to 20 seconds xD),

they offered to send a new one, or for 50€ more euros, they would let me keep it, and get the GT3 RS V2 which is tons better.

I went for the GT3 RS v2, and barely i knew the carrera was fine after i went to some forums and read some of the old model of fanatecs (porsche wheel range ;) )

took some time to start when it was cold weather (dont know why that happens..its an electric motor), and if i gave it time, it would start.. Happened 2 times with the GT3 RS v2 though, very very rare, whilst happened always with the carrera when it was cold, but probably some parts only deliver the right ammount of electricity when at a certain temperature and need to warm up? xD( that may not make sense but may noobishly explain why these wheels take a bit of time to start when its cold, but they ALWAYS start) and its a thrill to use, just epic.

The standard pedals crapped out really fast, its the potentiometers which have loose and bad connections and they come out of place, they said i could open them and fix; so i did and recorded, but eventually the problem returned. they even asked what present i wanted for having done the video for them, they said if i had had the clubsport pedals they would have sent me the tunning kit etc, i said nah its fine tho thx ;)

they even asked me if i wanted Need for speed shift !! I said nah thanks its ok ;). I got another replacement when the problem returned, then i had 2 more replacements, then they were working on a fixed version of them, i was one of the first ppl, or even the first so to say, to get one from the new batch of fixed pedals, which lasted longer but problem unfortunately returned :(

So after that, they thought i that i could be disappointed, and in order to keep their high standard and my appreciation, they said they would send me some clubsport pedals in mint condition, they are 200€ :) the most expensive pedals (i think) on the market, and they are DAMN epic i must add..damn the load cell brake.. :drool:

IMHO they are stopping the standard pedal production QUITE soon as they now have CSR Elite pedals too, and even cheaper, CSR standard pedals..so id expect them to stop producing clubsport pedals this year, but i think i recall having read somewhere they have stopped producing them, or was it the carrera wheel? Anyways ya, customer support was great, sadly i had to go through it, but at least they made it comfy for me, shipping times are around 3 week days from germany to portugal. i never had to return anything and pay a single cent, they have not had profit from me, i would say they have had around 700€losses with me actually, yet they never even hexitated bout sending me something new, they always sent them in the same week ;)

And the products are epic, so ya i dont plan on leaving fanatec so soon :P

They will send you another pack of standard, then gradually express more disappointment via letters, then at 3rd or 4th say it is a very bad situation you never expected, and you are counting on them for a permanent solution ;) should work. Thus standard pedals do feel nice when they work, and contacting fanatec means 3-4 days no play, as thats how long they take to deliever a fixed pack!, and that aint that much ;)