We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

RSRBR2010 and CZ Plugin - Install Tutorials

metalshredder7

Cheers to Warren over at RaceD for this tutorial, It's practically watertight.

If you have problems, please don't hesitate to PM me or post a question on the RBR help thread.

Installation of RSRBR 2012

Please also read the full Rallyesim Tutorial (translated) linked: Here

I have installed this mod many times on different systems (Win XP, Vista, Win 7), and I always follow these basic steps.

1. Install RBR.

Windows Vista and Win 7 Users Please note:

You need to take some additional precautions when installing RBR. There is a link (translated) to the additional Tutorial for Windows 7 and Vista in post 3.

Personally, I haven't actually had any problems with this so far, so only needed if your RSRBR or RBR install plays up or you want to be extra sure.

Basically, do not install the game in Program Files, which is the usual default location.

2. Install the Official Patches 1.01 and 1.02.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52407178/RBR_v101.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52407178/RBR_v102.zip

3. Run the game to ensure that all is working ok. Set up your Options including the Controller.

This step helps to make sure that the base RBR game is working ok before installing RSRBR2012. The best way to test everything is to go to the Rally School.

You may also create the Cheat Profile named "Mulligatawny" and set up your Options for that profile. This profile will be used by RSRBR to gain access to all of the addon content.

This Profile will be created by RSRBR2012 when installed, but you will still need to reset your Options after installation.

4. Once you are satisfied that the base RBR is working ok, then proceed to install RSRBR2012.

5. Install the main mod RSRBR 2012: Here

6. Install the latest Updates:

Updates will be added as they are released in the 4th post.

7. Install the Track Pack: Here

8. Install the latest Car Packs: Here (Complete full pack direct link Here )

Note: You can add the car packs by installing the full pack, or alternatively, you can install groups, or individual classes if you wish. Make sure to check the main website (the link provided) to ensure you have the latest versions, they get updated regularly. Also, if you don't install the full pack, always check to make sure you have the latest updated pack for the class being used in the RD Rally (check the Rally Club Sign-up posts).

Please Note:

Some Car Packs usually need to be updated after each RSRBR2012 Update, please check the advice in the download link.

Some BTB Country Stages often need to be updated after each RSRBR2012 Update, please check the advice in the download link.

9. BTB Tracks: If you wish to use the BTB Addon Tracks with RSRBR, you need to also download and install RSRBR BTB Country Packs, but these are not essential to running RSRBR2012.

BTB Country Packs can be found Here

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Using RSRBR2012

Using RSRBR2012

Please also read the full Rallyesim Tutorial (translated) linked: Here

1. Launch RSCenter from the desktop icon.

2. From RSCenter, you can play off-line or on-line.

3. Firstly, you will need to register. Even if you were a previous user of RSRBR2011, you will need to register again.

Select "Registration RSRBRLive 2012", and follow the steps provided.

Some people have problems getting registered on the RSRBR Live Server after they have an initial problem.

If that happens, it seems the only way to resolve it is to go to the Rallyesim website/forum and to request a manual registration. They seem to be regularly doing manual registrations for people lately.

Here is the website: rallyesim.fr - Page d’index

Post a problem help request here: rallyesim.fr - Voir le forum - Support RSRBRLive Site Championnats

Better still, send a PM to bluesky74 (at Rallyesim) advising your problem, give him your Username, Password, etc, and he should fix it for you.

4. To play off-line, select "Play Alone".

Select your game settings by clicking File\Settings. Make sure to set your GMT\UTC timezone settings, and your Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio to match your screen resolutions. Choose any other settings as desired.

Select your desired car pack, stage, weather etc options.

To launch RBR using these addon options, click "Launch RSRBR2012".

IMPORTANT: To use the addon content, you MUST use the profile Mulligatawny, if not the game will freeze at the game launch screen. (please ensure that you have set up your Game/Controller options under the Mulligatawny profile in addition to your own individual Profile. This needs to be done from the default game by launching from the default RBR icon, otherwise the settings will not be saved).

You can also play the default RBR by using "Launch Richard Burns Rally SSE"; this will launch the default game with everything unlocked (but no access to the extra stages/cars/etc that come in the mod).

5. To return to the main RSCenter screen, click "File \ Index"

6. To play on-line, from RSCenter, select "Public Sessions".

7. Joining an online session

Fill in your credentials at the top left of the application, in the Opening Screen of RSCenter (you should only need to do this once after registering).

Select the "Public sessions" tab and hit the "Start online session" button.

RSCenter may ask to sync your pc clock with the server clock (if they're not the same), let it do it.

Authentication dialog pops up and it should display a list of public sessions you can join. Select one, enter password if req'd, and off you go!

For more details re Playing On-Line in a Public Session, read this:

Page not found | RaceDepartment

Session Format

A session isn't open for joining until the start time for the event. There is then a 15 minute countdown to the first stage.

Once the countdown expires, you'll have 60 seconds to hit the "GO" button. Hitting the button takes you directly to the stage.

If you miss the opportunity, you'll forfeit stage, as if you retired.

When you install the mod, it creates a user profile called Mulligatawny, you need to select this profile, when prompted. You cannot play the mod online with any other profile - so make sure you change your profile options in the single player game beforehand (eg. pacenotes are in french by default).

You can leave the session and return - even during the rally. Furthermore, you are even able to join a rally midway through the session, if you missed the start - missed stages will receive default times. You won't be able to use any other features of RSCenter (eg. Play Alone etc) while in an online session.

Once the stage is complete, you'll be returned to the RSCenter where you can see how your competitors are doing/have done and you'll find the countdown ticking down for the next stage. If you take so long on a stage that you miss the scheduled start of the next one, you'll forfeit the one you missed.

8. To close RSRBR, use File\Index to go back to the main RSCenter, and close the window from there. Alternatively, use File\Exit.

I hope this is of some help to newcomers, but more detailed information is also available in our RD Richard Burns Rally Forum.

Richard Burns Rally | RaceDepartment Forums

[WINDOWS VISTA AND 7] Installing RBR / RSRBR

[WINDOWS VISTA AND 7] Installing RBR / RSRBR

Problem Description:

After everything installed (RBR, RSRBR with MOD and its updates) you start the game and then nothing ... black screen (or whatnot)

Solution:

Do not install RBR and RSRBR in one of these folders:

- C: \ Program Files \

- C: \ Program Files (x86) \

- C: \ Users \ NomDuCompte \

- C: \ Program

Use a different folder, eg C: \ games \ RBR ....

Why this is a problem:

Because Vista and 7 prohibit applications to write to the folder "C: \ Program Files". In fact that happens it exactly: The files to be written in "C: \ Program files" are written in the "C: \ Users \ UserName \ AppData \ Local \ VirtualStore \ Program Files" by the interface (redirected from Windows), so Vista and 7 "memorize" the interface can read the data there. When RBR just read the files it needs, Vista and 7 do not recognize it as the program that can read data in the path C: \ Users \ UserName \ AppData \ Local \ VirtualStore \ Program Files since they not written or copied by RBR.

This raises again the issue of rights in Vista and 7. There is no account with "Administrator" rights as defined in the Windows XP is why we must seek specific performance as an administrator to write "C: \ Program Files"

Then:

Modify the list of software excluded from the data execution prevention in Windows Vista / 7

Start button "Control Panel" System and Maintenance "system.

Click on Advanced system settings. Administrator permission required.

Under Performance, click Settings.

Click on the tab Execution Prevention Data, then click "Enable Data Execution Prevention for all programs and services except those I select."

Then click the "Add" button and add all the following software:

(They are at the root of all games)

- Rscenter2012.exe

- Rsrbr3dratio.exe

- RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe

- RBR Startup.exe

- RBRdll.exe

- CamHack.exe

- LanceurAddOns.exe

- SETUP_MANAGER2.exe

- SKINS_MANAGER2.exe

- Sendreplays.exe

- Sendtimes.exe

- SkinsWizard.exe

- Or 7za.exe 7z.exe

Save and restart your computer. Make a trials :)

For the game in "window" in the display settings control panel of seven, do not go beyond 125% for the window size.

RSRBR Update 01

RSRBR 2012 - UPDATE 01

Click on Download

→ DOWNLOAD UPDATE 01 ←

Innovations introduced by this update

- Mini S2000 (N4_S2000_2)

- Mini WRC (A8W-12)

- Toyota Celica TA22 (VHC_2)

- Alfa Romeo GTA (VHC_2)

- Renault Clio Maxi (A7K_2)

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (N4_3)

- Nissan 350 Z (GT10_1)

- Ford Fiesta R2 (R2)

- Toyota Corolla AE86 (Group_H)

- Toyota Starlet KP61 (Group_H)

- New version of the mod night

- New special Poland Rally 2009 Shakedown

- Mini S2000 (N4_S2000_2)

- Mini WRC (A8W-12)

- Toyota Celica TA22 (VHC_2)

- Alfa Romeo GTA (VHC_2)

- Renault Clio Maxi (A7K_2)

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (N4_3)

- Nissan 350 Z (GT10_1)

- Ford Fiesta R2 (R2)

- Toyota Corolla AE86 (Group_H)

- Toyota Starlet KP61 (Group_H)

- New version for night mod

- New track Poland Rally 2009 Shakedown

Corrections by this update Corrections made by this update

- Modification of Physics

- Fixed a bug in RSCenter (number)

- New 3D for the VW Polo WRC (A8W-12)

- New 3D for Skoda 130R (VHC_2)

- Fixed Puy du Lac "Bad Conditions"

- Correction for the Ford Sierra pack A8_2

- Change for physics

- Fix bug in RSCenter (number)

- New 3D for VW Polo WRC (A8W-12)

- New 3D for Skoda 130R (VHC_2)

- Fix for Puy du Lac "Bad Conditions"

- Fix for the Ford Sierra in pack A8_2

ATTENTION

After installing this update you must re-download and re-install

The following packs of cars

A8W-12, N4_3, VHC_2, A7K_2, N4_S2000_2, R2, GT10_1, Group_H

After the install of this update you'll must re-download and re-install

Thesis cars packs

A8W-12, N4_3, VHC_2, A7K_2, N4_S2000_2, R2, GT10_1, Group_H

Richard Burns Rally CZ Plugin Tutorial

This is taken directly from the RBRCZ site in regards to the installation and use of the CZ plugin. Over 90000(!!!!) members have joined up for this plugin, as appose the the 6200 RSRBR has. so you know its good :D

Instruction how play Richard Burns Rally (RBR) using the plugin

• Download RBR_v102.zip , RBRTM087DInst.exe , ZFix.zip , RBRSchool2.exe , RBRReversedRC3.exe , RBRPribram1.exe , RBRPribram2.exe , RBRSosnova.exe
  • Install the official patch RBR_v102. Without it, the RBR plugin wouldn't work.
  • Install RBRTM087DInst.exe (this is the plugin itself)
  • Install new tracks into RBR (RBRReversedRC3, RBRSchool2, RBRPribram1, RBRPribram2, RBRSosnova).
  • Put file Z.dll into RBR\Plugins\ directory (it fixes RBR not to crash to desktop when using cars made in Z-modeller) from ZFix.zip
  • Create a new profile on rbr.onlineracing.cz. BEWARE! Use only US-ASCII chars!!!
  • Open file RichardBurnsRally.ini and put your login and password there - e.g. if you are registered as "NOVAK Petr" and your password is "zelva", put there

[RBRTMSettings]
    AutoLoginName = NOVAK Petr
    AutoLoginPassword = zelva

From now you will be logged in the plugin automatically, the plugin won't ask for your username / password.
  • Start RBR, go into Setting-->Plugins -- > RBR Tournament --> Setting and make your changes to configuration.
  • In Setting -->Plugins -- > RBR Tournament --> Online tournaments you'll get the list of open tournaments, choose one, entry into, set all you need, and then start race.
  • You can find all your results in the rally on plugin web pages. If anyone sends his/her replay from a stage, you can find it there.
  • If don't know anything check our forum here

If you can play online and already steaming RBR over internet, we can start tuning RBR :-)

New cars for RBR

• You can download all new cars for RBR here.
  • For this how to, we will install the Subaru Impreza WRC 2002
  • I recommend to use Total Commander or WinRAR, it is quite easy and it can open *.rar and even *.rbz files.
  • Open SUBARU_IMPREZA_WRC_2002.rar in the left window and Richard Burns Rally in the right one
  • Doubleclick on file IMPREZA_WRC_2002.rar --> SUBARU IMPREZA WRC 2002 --> - there are two subdirs, Model and Fyzika (Physics) there
  • Directory Model contains another subdir Cars and a file "pro cars ini.txt". Go into subdir Cars and copy all files and subdirs into RBR\Cars
  • Open file "pro cars ini.txt" and copy this text into clipboard: FileName = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02.sgc"
    IniFile = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02.ini"
    ShaderFile = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02_shaders.ini"
    ShaderSettings = "Cars\impreza02\impreza02_shader_settings"
    TexturePath = "Cars\impreza02\Textures\"
  • Go to the right window and open Cars.ini in RBR\Cars directory. Look for text [Car05] and paste the data from "pro cars ini.txt" here. (pic.1 preview)
  • Now you have to install car physics. You should still have opened on the left IMPREZA_WRC_2002.rar --> SUBARU IMPREZA WRC 2002 --> go to dir fyzika (or physics), on the right move to dir RBR\ and find file physics.rbz, doubleclick on it, go to Physics. There are all car and tyre physics in it. (obr.2 preview) Association of cars.ini to physics.rbz:
    • position in cars.ini [Car00] = C_XSARA
    • position in cars.ini [Car01] = H_ACCENT
    • position in cars.ini [Car02] =MG_ZR
    • position in cars.ini [Car03] = M_LANCER
    • position in cars.ini [Car04] = P_206
    • position in cars.ini [Car05] = S_I2003
    • position in cars.ini [Car06] = T_COROLL
    • position in cars.ini [Car07] = S_I2000

[*]We have chosen [Car05] in cars.ini, so we have to put the physics into directory s_i2003 , . It is possible to put the car to any slot you choose, but model and physics must be in accord with the table above. There is only one exception - don't put 4WD cars into MG_ZR slot, because then in RBR you wouldn't be able to adjust middle and rear differentials.

[*]Put all files from directory Physics into s_i2003 - it should look like this: obr3. preview)

[*]That's it! Now you have Impreza 2002 installed and you can start to race.

P.S. The car will not show neither in the car menu nor in the splash screen, you will not see it until SS start. The menu can be adjusted in a different way, by editing *.exe and splash.dat

Authors: Tomas Mikl, Vasek Koral

Track Downloads

Car Downloads

Modifications

If you need any other help, please feel free to post it in the troubleshoot forum, or PM me. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing I can delete my old 2010 versions of RSRBR and the relevant add-on packs.

The one thing I don't like is why all the tracks have to be so narrow. All the rally races I've seen are generally one 2-way roads.

So, every track is essentially New Zealand backroads :P that pribram one looks exactly like some of the places out here ^^

Lol@toe socks :P

So I guess you're getting bored of not having many people to play with then?

shush you. I'm surprised you aren't dead to the world right now, you must be knackered

So far I have:

Installed RBR

Installed RSRBR 2012

Installed the track and car pack

Launched RSRBR Centre and registered (am not happy about how it sends my password in clear text in the URL and emails it back to me).

So I guess all that's left to be done is just connect up the wheel and play the game now? I think there's more than enough content there for now and am not too worried about extra updates to further confuse things.