We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

Ryzza - nice! Very serene with the GT5 music. :D And Mb, I still love that video. So sorry (again) about the car. :(

-------------

Okay, so I shot this as just a GoPro test, and figured I'd post it on here. It's nothing fancy, just a group of clips of me driving around. Hard acceleration (VTEC changeover) in the beginning, followed by some handbrake fun, and then just driving.

Unlisted vid, under the LeadfootYT channel, not HRL. For sound, imagine it three times louder and twice as "detailed." ;)

-Leadfoot

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came to think of this thread today when i was driving home so i filmed a bit. It's only from my phone so the video quality isn't very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEITKre7h-0

Also here's a bonus video i took of some snowdrifting :D Bad camerawork here too since i had to both hold the phone and control where i was going :P But oh well... The incident at 0:54 wasn't planned :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HNbZSPWFVM

Why didn't I record my journey today. I could've killed a biker. :mad:

A complete and utter moron. He decided to overtake me as I was turning off the roundabout, there is no way in hell that a bike and a car could go side by side without hitting. He just laughed at me because I had to slam the brakes on. He didn't think it was so funny when I caught up to him a mile down the road at traffic lights and got out shouting, so unfunny that he went through the red light... I know a lot of bikers aren't like that and I always give them plenty of room by moving closer to the edge of the road to let them past even if I don't need to. Most of the time I get a thanks too, but he is one biker that I do want to have a serious accident.

Why are the police never around when tards do things like that? But they are around when I'm 1mph over the speed limit. :rolleyes:

They are quite annoying, as are cyclists. Sounds like quite an infruriating moment, but I don't think I would've got to the point of getting out of my car to have a word with him. Knowing the sorts around here that would've given him a reason to find where I live and key my car or something of similar effect. A couple of hand gestures and toot of the horn is enough in most cases, luckily I've only had to do that once so far.

My dad once did the simple thing of over-taking a bike, in a completely legitimate place when the biker was going 10MPH under the limit. The biker then sped up and followed my dad back home (only a few miles, but still), my dad pulled the car onto the drive and got out. The biker then pulled up and got off the bike and started ranting and raving, my dad just walked into the house and said "I did nothing wrong" and shut the door. Guy stood there for a few minutes banging on the door before getting the message and buggering off.

Flipping idiots think they own the road.

I would've left it, but if he'd hit me and fallen off, I would be the one getting the blame for it. I wasn't just going to sit behind him at the lights with him staring at me.

He'd also have a hard job finding the car as it's in a dead end not visible from any main roads.

*ahem*

Some bikers are complete tools, I agree. There are far too many over here that think it's okay to go over 100mph in built up areas, generally think they own the place just because they're faster than cars.

Most bikers like to go fast when it's safe and not putting anyone at severe risk. I'm one of those bikers. If the motorway is dead straight and there's nothing behind or in front of me, then i'll properly open the bike up. More often than not touching 160mph before I lay off the juice. As soon as I see a headlight/tail light, i'll back off and return to the speed limit. Overtaking is only ever done when the person is going less than the speed limit and it's a perfectly straight road with nothing coming the other way.

Some bikers are complete and utter tools, and deserve to have an accident. But some bikers just have bikes as a hobby and enjoy being out on them, rather than wrong siding through corners and being arses.

Back on topic: I got a new exhaust today... I'll dig out my old camera and see if I can find a place to mount it for a short video.

Didn't you read where I said I "sped up the video" so it would fit in the 15-minute YouTube limit (back then). I was actually quite lazy and not fast, taking those uphill hairpins in 3rd gear. Safety is always #1 when I go for a drive, only once or twice have I felt the ESP kick in.

Oh ok ryzza ;) Its great to see people saying safety is #1 when people drive, most people here between 18-22 are dumb idiots who buy an old rusty nearly falling pre e39 5 series or a new mini if rich parents, or an old 1998 punto, and they just go around redlining and revving and doing crazy donuts going through redlights (not much, but saw some of those), just to say they are the best. Jeez i hate those people who just drive fast to be idiot'ish. Sponge, indeed mate, you be carefull with yourself ;) you are no use to anyone if you fall of your bike and get injured.. ;) judging by your driving videos i would trust you all to drive me :P That is, if you drive as you recorded ^^ :p

I'm 19 and don't think I drive like a tard. Sure, I let the car stretch its legs sometimes, but that's usually out of town or on empty roads.

Not done it with the Focus yet, we're making sure we wear this one in for the first 1000 miles, unlike the Mazda. 260 down, 740 to go!

I don't have the heart to give my car some stick. It really needs it to clear out the cobwebs, but I hate revving it past 3000RPM. A couple of days ago I was going to give it some stick when I got on to a dual carriageway but someone pulled out infront of me so I left it, don't think I got passed 3500RPM, luls. I don't think it's seen past that since my dad drove it before I passed my driving test, so my EGR valve is probably clogged up and turbo not much better either.

Can't do it now anyway, I think the exhaust is planning its next attack on me after looking at the rear section this morning :p

One day there will be nothing wrong with my car... maybe.

I guess it depends on how much you think you're going to use it. The videos they produce look great, but it's whether you'll use it enough to warrant spending that much on one.

I'd love one, but I wouldn't be able to justify spending that much money on one, unless I started some track-days or something.. :hmmm: