We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How we doing? (2012)

Eudemon

It's around this time when we are on the verge of another year ahead of us that we ask for feedback from you our members about how you believe us to be doing, performing and what we could improve on if anything. We will dutifully ignore most of what you say of course but it's nice to make it look like we care what you think. :cheeky:

Just kidding but seriously tell us what you think, feel, taste and touch and what you feel we are doing well, right, good, perfect etc, oh yeah and mention anything you feel is less than excellent. We won't hold it against you or take any aktion against you for doing so. :evil:

Ok so whose our first victim? :duck:

I appreciate everything the staff does however I do have a suggestion.

Those of us who take time to take pictures (in game or IRL), draw, write music, etc. - I think we (I know I would anyway) like a bit more feedback from the staff. It's nice getting feedback from the regulars, but when the staff take time out of their "busy schedules" (I'm talking to Mellors :cheeky:) to comment it means just that bit more. I'm not asking for a lot and if it doesn't happen it won't bother me. Just a suggestion.

Good job though to the staff, most of you are somewhat responsible! :p

Don't think it'll make it any easier. It's not hard to begin with, unless you're call Baldy. Turning on a computer is hard for him.

Well I still think it's a good idea. Gives the staff some freshening up, makes your "not hard" job easier - gets rid of the staff who aren't ever on. It's a win all around.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Well I still think it's a good idea. Gives the staff some freshening up, makes your "not hard" job easier - gets rid of the staff who aren't ever on. It's a win all around.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Agreed, It would be nice if there are more mods online to sort some problems or issues.

I also think that the Modshop could use some more moderation, because those bumpers are getting annoying sometimes.

exspecially when i search for a file.

I'm still thinking about other things i like to see for a improvement. :hmmm:

Doing some behind the scenes work on the mod-shop (well, I started something a while ago, I should probably continue).

I think we're fairly well catered for Staff, but there have been occasions where I've had to tell people to wait for a Super Mod to show up before they can be helped (while you're at it you should make Camel an Admin) :panic:

I try to avoid posting in picture threads as my inbox fills up with hundreds of 'Great work' emails - the same reason I generally don't post in TDU mod threads. I could manually unsubscribe, but I have to refresh the page again after posting a quick reply before I can do that. There are some exceptions to this, but only if you're really fantastic at what you do. :p

Maybe Diablo can add a 'Do not subscribe to this thread' tickbox under the Quick Reply box where the other options are for including your signature and closing the thread.

More appearances from Diablo and Baldy (and Mellors if he's promoted) (videos/photos).

• 3 months later...

Hi there.

Is possible disabling autoplay feature the random youtube videos on headline?

It's very annoying - now TDUC like an old, flash webpage with music* in 2004.

*If this is not possible, I would like to request Narwhal, Narwhal...** song and sent to all admins. :D

**of course the 10hours long version ;)

My only complaint is, please remove the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" option from the Insert Image option while posting. In addition to that, make the "From URL" bit first before "From Computer." It makes linking images so much faster and easier. Who attaches files anyway these days?

Hi there.

Is possible disabling autoplay feature the random youtube videos on headline?

It's very annoying - now TDUC like an old, flash webpage with music* in 2004.

*If this is not possible, I would like to request Narwhal, Narwhal...** song and sent to all admins. :D

**of course the 10hours long version ;)

forget that , why don't we have potw back on the tv again?

The video is just a random annoyance I thought would be annoying and thus it was implemented annoyingly. I do understand that people access this site from all works of environments so will put the video back to normal and not auto-play. PotW is always welcome back but we need people to enter their images in order to make it worthwhile. Maybe the future switch in look to TurboDuck will make this easier as then we can encompass a variety of games for inclusion.

I'll look into the media insert prompt as honestly I don't like having the server filling up with crap and being used for what is essentially un-needed overhead.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it!

PotW is always welcome back but we need people to enter their images in order to make it worthwhile. Maybe the future switch in look to TurboDuck will make this easier as then we can encompass a variety of games for inclusion.

I think if we have a overall competition like Sotw but for racing games, there will be plenty of input.

• 2 weeks later...