We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to unpack TDU2 & How to install TDU2 mods. Ask for help in here! [PC ONLY]

Aventador

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AFTER MANY HOURS TRYING TO UNPACK...(run as administrator, the unpack process.)

I finally got it to work by simply turning off my UAC, (user account control settings)

restarted my pc after that, run as administrator again and it worked for me and this was the only way it worked for my window 7.

after the whole unpacking I turn my uac back on.

**(would be the last option if u cant find any other ways to do so)**

--- I hope this info will help some of you ---

I have done everything you write but when i click unpack_full_bat the only thing that unpacks is some voices sounds and islands.In the vehicles folder i have only high folder and in the high foler i have got only range rover.I have the latest version of the game-->dlc2 v034 build16 and my UAC off and i have done everything you write i have also WINDOWS 7 and i have read somewhere that i have to copy game files from my local drive (C:.) to an another drive but i dont know what exactly that means,,,what should i do?HELP ME PLEASE! thanks a lot

i had this problem to what i did is just copy all the tdu2 files to drive D: and than unpack it. BUT! Make sure all the big_files are in there because it didn't vopy it to mine in the first place

--- Post Updated ---

Allright. I have a new pc and on my old pc it worked all fine i unpacked it and modded it.

Now after a lot of trying I finally unpacked the game ( had to copy tdu2 from C: to D: drive).

All the folders are there and now I have the Universal Launcher.

I start the game and it doesn't start up it imedietly gives an error.

Can someone help me? Is it because i now have 2 tdu2 rootfolders on my pc? or what is it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I hope anybody will respond, I've got a problem with the unpack - when I unpack my game and launch through Universal Launcher (I couldn't do anything wrong, tried several times step-by-step reading the tutorial) and when I launch my game - Test Drive Unlimited 2 server is not available. I even bought an public IP VPN - still not working. Any ideas please? Any help is appreciated :/

Is it the same testdrive2.exe you were using before to get online with the original unpacked version? I can only think of that the exe is patched with paintshop-unlocker or something. Then it should not work to get online. Try launching the original unpacked version (if you have 2 tdu2-folders, like i do) and let the uplauncher check the unpacked folder. After the check you should have there an exe with which you can play online without any problems. Copy this one to the unpacked folder. Then it should work.

• 3 months later...

Guys, I don´t understand it.

I am trying to unpack and install the unofficial patch since yesterday and I don´t get. That makes me kind of desperate. I didn´t play TDU2 for over one year now, I had it unpacked then, but now I fail.

Yesterday I installed all the stuff and I could see new cars (like Countach and F12, SRT8 Jeep and more), but I could NOT see any new car dealer. That was weird, so I decided to install again.

For me the tutorial is very unclear.

My first problem is, how many TDU2 folders do I need?!

I installed my TDU2 (original game) and updated to DLC2 v034 build 16.

I put the UNPACKED TDU2 in a seperate folder, copied all the files after unpacking and put them into the installed TDU2 folder. Then I runned the patch.

Tutorial says:

" 3 Now run either the "unpack_full.bat" to unpack the whole game"

Where is the "unpack_full.bat", I can´t find it.

Then, I have my TDU folder full of several TDU2 exe files - I tried to start TDU2 via Knyazevs Launcher after all, but I couldn´t start the game, because I had to register online. I think I can delete the game again now and start from zero.

It´s very annoying and I feel as dumb as hell. As I said, I could do all this unpacking stuff over one year ago, but now I can´t handle it.

Could anybody help me?

Hi Incognito,

thanks for your input.

I use Win XP, this was not a problem when I unpacked in 2012.

So I have just to create one folder "TDU2" .

When I start the unpacker, the unpacker wants the path for TDU2 and for unpacking - do I have to use the TDU2 folder for that?

I feel so stupid, but I don´t get it. Do I have to delete any EXE files in the TDU2 folder?

Hi Incognito,

thanks for your input.

I use Win XP, this was not a problem when I unpacked in 2012.

So I have just to create one folder "TDU2" .

When I start the unpacker, the unpacker wants the path for TDU2 and for unpacking - do I have to use the TDU2 folder for that?

I feel so stupid, but I don´t get it. Do I have to delete any EXE files in the TDU2 folder?

I have my unpacked game in a different folder but that is a personal choice. Did you make a back up of your save-game? The online registration is only needed if there is no save-game. You don't need to delete any EXE files, but the having multiple sounds weird. Maybe you can post a screenshot of it so we can see it to.

Hi Bart(ferrari).

Well, I was totally confused since last night when I found out, the patch has not been installed properly.

But that was my own stupid fault - I just found out (while watching an unpacking tutorial video on youtube) I DID NOT use the "Knyazev's V2.2 extractor files"!! I mixed "extractor files" up with the "TDU2_Unpacker_GUI". :cry:

That cost me about 12 hours yesterday and today. But well, I am happy I found out what´s wrong by myself. Tomorrow I will start installation again and it will be like christmas for me to play this game with the UP. :wrecked:

BTW, thanks for your input! I have some savegames from TDU2, but they are from 2012/2011, when I played last time.

I think the EXE file problem will be solved, I just have to take some sleep and tomorrow everything will be fine. As I said - I got that game running unpacked over one year ago!! :pcpunch:

A few weeks ago I wrote in the UP thread, I will never ever install TDU2 again. As Arnie said - "I´ll be back"... :wise:

Off course the tutorial is NOT unclear! It was all my fault, so tutorial is fine and helpful.

• 1 month later...

OK so I have to ask for help here regardless of what's about?

I want to make some sounds louder, like the turbo on Subaru. I've tried editing the wav files but the closest format I can save is 16 bit while the original is 4 bit, I tried anyway but the game got jerky, micro stops, and sometimes crash to desktop. So I put the original file back and all went normal.

So I went to try to edit the xmb file and had to stop since I have no idea what to edit. Can you tell me what's that I have to edit in order to make a bit louder values to the wav I want? In the pic I searched for the turbo part, if I try to change any of the numbers like 75 to 90 it changes also a letter from the word turbo to the right.[ATTACH]19392[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

greeting everyone and thx for letting me join the club was wondering if any one could help me as im trying to mod this game but seem to be getting no were i have followed the tut. over and over and just can seem to get this to work i have the official EU version fully updated and running i have used the unpacker and launcher unpacked the FULLBAT as well and also UAC is all off etc. i then go a head to add the mods and load the game and what ya know nothings changed im pulling my hair out with this i dont have much hair laft to start with lol :confused::confused:

In order for the Muppet Squad™ to help you they need a bit more info from you; what version is it DVD or Steam and what OS are you on?

ha sorry yes i am on windows 8.1 64bit more than enuff spec to run the game iv finished the game before hand so i know it runs i have the retail disk updated to the DLC 2 v034 build 16 iv tryed installing on another HDD too to no joy hope that helps :confused:

ha sorry yes i am on windows 8.1 64bit more than enuff spec to run the game iv finished the game before hand so i know it runs i have the retail disk updated to the DLC 2 v034 build 16 iv tryed installing on another HDD too to no joy hope that helps :confused:

OK so after spending hours yesterday and last night i have finally managed to sort it dunno whats changed bu its started working just figger what the hell ill try 1 last time and vol-la done!!! happy now :excited::excited::excited::excited: