We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

We're sad to announce that the TDU1 servers will be permanently shut down

TurboDuck

Date: 09-04-2012 6:17 PM

We’re sad to announce that the TDU1 servers will be permanently shut down at the end of this month. For those playing, this will be your last month to play as the server will be closing on 9/29. Thank you for playing and we encourage you to check out TDU2 Forza Horizon!

Check out the posting for yourself

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always feared this day would come. It's such a shame they have to do this. It would be nice if they would hand over/sell the server version of the game so we as a community can keep it alive. Who knows, it could result in more sales for them. Can't really see a bad outcome.

I guess all good things must come to an end. :cry:

Well, thats the Test Drive name officially dead.

I remember the days of playing the PS2 version and acting like an utter n00b on the Atari forums. but that didn't stop me from meeting some awesome people and eventually joining this place, only to meet more awesome people. I really miss those times, I miss cruising with the guys on the Xbox and attempting to cruise with people on PC. I suppose it's the end of an era, and I will miss it dearly. But I'm sure there's still some fun to be had offline. I just hope Horizon will fill the hole for a bit.

(I kept mine short but maybe I should turn it into a novel :hmmm: )

I would wish they just give up and quit pretending to properly have anything to do with games, they're incapable of making games and supporting them so why waste their time and investors' money? It's truly sad, a former great gaming icon reduced to making lackluster vaporware with the worst customer service ever. The former Atari will never come back, and this monstrosity should no longer be associated with it.

I have exactly the same feelings and memories as well as you, Andai. I really, really can't imagine my life without TDU and these forums. It's shame that I've never played online with you guys, because it seems that TDUCk cruises were fun... :(

I have already posted my 'TDU story" in another thread I think. It's not as long as Santtu's or Andai's, though. :lol:

I wish that I was able to connect to the servers all those years ago but due to my stupidity of installing a illegal megapack I coudlnt, and the one time I ever did go on a cruise m internet was so slow I couldnt see anyone :( Ryzza you need to organise a few weekend cruises for me LOL. I may not have all the epic memories you do but it will be a shame to see the server shut down, it will be one less game for me to play with friends and it will surely kill off TDU :(

Didn't they already announce that the TDU1 servers will be shut down one day? If I remember correctly, it was even before the release of TDU2, so not many people bothered. :hmmm:

TDU was actually the first game I ever bought, and I will remain playing it offline from time to time, but it just doesn't have the magic of cruising online.

What a sad day it will be... :gmc:

Damn...I knew that this is going to happen at some point but I was secretly hoping that Atari forgot to do it...

Well,because of this game I am here.This is the first forum that I visited and later registered on it.Before this place I didn't even knew what forum is.Heck,I even registered myself here before I got internet at my home.I remember the first time when I got my hands on TDU disc like it was yesterday.I thought that the game is crap and that NFS rulez (precisely).Boy I was wrong!At the beginning I went for SLK as my rent-a-car since I thought that it was fastest and that I need speed for racing,of course I didn't know that I couldn't keep it.Than I went for Alfa GT because you could actually modify it.As you might predict I lost couple of races on beginning due to lack of grip and lack of skill :lol:.

Than I discovered that you can actually drive a car in free roam!However I quickly got bored with low quality sounds and models and that's how I ended up here.It was amazing when I finally downloaded SLR car and sound mod.Big McMerc finally looked like the real deal!Needless to say that some of you helped me with installing mods and sent me link so I could buy my Megacarpack when I got internet here.Quickly after discovery about mods I made online account and met some awesome people.I still remember that one guy gave me his Ford GT because my TT couldn't keep up with the group!I really really 'lost' a lot of time online doing drifts,drags,taking pics or just some casual cruising with friends or random people.Sadly,recently I lost that little free time that I had for playing PC games and uninstalled it when I got TDU2 (when I remember that I pre-ordered that crap...) and never installed it again...Also TDUCk is the reason why I am car spotting today,and if there wasn't for TDU I wouldn't even think about that...

Thank you TDU,you will be missed!

Such a shame. Although i haven't played the game in ages, it's sad to read.

I've made tons of new friends while playing and it's still one of the best games i ever played. So much memories and good times!

I'll just leave this here are a great memory on the TDUCK Club!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and breathe

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

TDU1 made me buy a new gaming PC and Logitech G25 and TrackIR and ButtKicker a real life car GPS (TomTom when they were new and expensive) and made me create a YouTube account and made me join Internet forums for the first time and now it's gone :(

Knew it would have to happen soon though, last few times I've been in there there's only been 8-50 people online total (PC). Doesn't justify the server costs. Need to organise some cruises now.

Also, fixed the first post