We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 and ATS discussion

Ryzza5

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the cities generic too. Yes the styling is quite different from the rest of Europe (streets without sidewalks, ped crossings, new design/yard of companies), but that's the only difference. Inside of Scandinavia it pretty much looks the same as the mainland and island (UK) cities do. Still liking it though :D No regrets I paid the full 18 euros, maybe also because we all can see how serious SCS takes this work despite being so small.

I've played it for just one hour since installing the dlc, have been to three cities only but found them actually different than what we're used to see in mainland Europe. I mean, I feel like I'm in a city and not in just a warehouse village - looking the same in Germany and UK. Even the prefabricated drop-off locations, services are different now iirc. And finally, they ditched the stupid split lanes!

However, look at it from this point of view: even though the studio has grown since 18WoS times, it's still a small firm and yet they've managed to do such a detailed game.

I sort of had that idea they would do that. A while ago a friend of mine dug into the new files after the update in which they added busstops to the world. He found a map used for busstops, which I managed to track down to an area in Finland (not in the DLC though, no part of scandinavia... :/ )

SCS for world domination!

Mercmercmercmercmercmercmerc!

StreamSpace_Devil.jpg

After a fruitful open beta period, we believe that the mercedes-benz new actros truck is ready for release at last. We'd like to thank all beta participants for helping us make this euro truck simulator 2 update as polished as possible!

Further tweaks to the vehicle are still planned (in fact to most other trucks in the game); we'll be adding more tuning options in future updates for example. But you can already have a ton of fun driving the new vehicle in the current form for sure!

Without further ado feel free to update your euro truck simulator 2 immediately.

For steam users its an automatic process. Retail users are now able to use our updater tool to sync their game to the latest version.

Let's do a quick recap of what went into 1.18 update of euro truck simulator 2:

- new truck: Mercedes-benz new actros

- mercedes-benz brand is in the game

- improved vegetation (prefab vegetation distances, rebalanced vegetation lods, more settings)

- drl for iveco hi-way, mercedes-benz new actros, volvo fh, daf xf euro6

- new trailer skins

- updated radios list

- support for weather-based pedestrian spawning, support for multiple animations

- over a thousand minor fixes in world models and in the map

After one haul I'm already considering getting back in the Scania. Regardless of how true to real they could be, the sounds of the truck are imo awful. At low speeds, such as when reversing a trailer (which you might have to do once in a while...) it sounds like a mix between an electric RC car and a car with those friction wheelsets that make a scraping noise when you pushed it. At high engine speeds, the engine sounds good, as I'd expect from a truck, but when you then let it roll out (or if you use CC a lot and the truck is not applying extra throttle), it sounds like there's a start/stop function on the engine turning it off to freewheel a bit. In addition to that the indicators have a pretty harsh sound.

Again, no idea if the real truck sounds like it too, but just my opinion on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

Today just a very short update. We have just released a hot fix update 1.18.1.3 for Euro Truck Simulator 2. It includes several general game fixes.

ets2_nordic_license_plates_wotr_01.jpg

Fixes are:

- fix for occasionally appearing triangle flickering

- fix for missing geometry on some Windows XP configurations

- Scandinavian countries license plates are added to World of Trucks

ets2_nordic_license_plates_wotr_02.jpg

It took us a while longer to collect all loose ends after Scandinavia release. One of such finishing touches were country license plates for Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

All three countries license plates are currently available for customization for your trucks, as always, via the World of Trucks website.

ets2_nordic_license_plates_wotr_03.jpg

Enjoy!

Source: SCS Software's blog: Hot Fix Update and Scandinavian License Plates

I see what you did there, SCS... :D

• 4 weeks later...
Tried it, was fun for a few times, including to watch the CCTV at the ports, but then I got bored and didn't play it again. The lack of traffic makes multiplayer hardly any better than Fuel (massive world and nobody there).

To get descent traffic, you have to connect on server named Europe#1 at the end of the day (europe time). This server accept now until 3500 truckers ;)

I do prefer online like ETS2 Multiplayer mod rather than TDU/The Crew cause I can meet much more player while my ride and without session limit cause server make you see all player around you in a radius of 1 mile, even if there is 100 players around you.

You do not have to be hurted by alzheimered AI traffic being synchronised by someone else getting traffic host. This online strategy choosed players rather than AI.

I really recommend to try multiplayer experience :)

Next update will give us some new road and city for those who got Going to East :)