We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Calster's "Fleet"

calster17

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sadly, i'm to part with the Clio for the next week while im away down south. :(

In the meantime I've decided not to do anything to her other than upkeep and repair work, as i found out how much I'll be earning at my new job(its alot more than expected) and I'll be getting something else in a few months. Need's a new starter for sure as it's sticking when i start her up, easy job to do though and will be doing it when im back.

Not decided what as of yet, got a few ideas of what I'd like but I'll be looking into them(mostly for insurance prices). Everything from a Carpi to the brand new MG6!

But one thing I will be doing is sorting out the ol MR2, as she's sadly in a sad state.

• 1 month later...

So I've narrowed down my list of cars a bit more.

Subaru Legacy or Forrester.

Suzuki Jimny

Rover 45/ MG ZS

Rover 75

Rover 25 Van.

Old Merc of some kind.

Suzuki Cappuccino

If I save the cash a bit longer, I could hold out and get a Corolla AE86, S13 Silvia or a R30 or R31 Skyline. (both would be expensive to get hold of, but would love it).

All are insurance pending as well though.

There just as hard to get hold of as the skylines I said about! lol That said a AE92 Trueno is nice!(have one in kaido Racer 2) Also would be the only one in the UK i'd guess!

I'd not be making the car track ready though, got the MR2 for that when it's fixed up & ready. :)

LOL, here the R30 and R31 skylines are fairly common- we never got the 2 door AE92 variants, so they are rare as hens teeth, you at least had the FX-GT (I think thats what it was called there? or maybe GTI-16 or something? 2 door hatch with the 4AGE anyway), we got 2 different 4 door variants with the 4AGE, and they arent worth much and dont look nearly as sleek as even the FX-GT... >.>

Really??? I thought you guys got a 4age ae92 lol. We didnt get many Japan only Toyotas at all (i'm a massive toyota nerd, corollas in particular), the closest ae92 we got was the SX Seca (I have a non SX seca with a 4afe and 3 speed auto, yaaaay)/hatch and the gti hatch (all 4 door, no 2 door).

• 2 months later...

So whats new? Well not much actually. More miles and that's it. Going to be spraying the steelies it's on to sliver for a commercial look(cheaper than buying the ones off a Renault Kangoo).

Plans on next car? Well insurance is low for anything...as in stupidly low, hella low, censored.gif low! A Rover 75 CTD is only an extra £310 on top of the £950 I've paid for my current insurance with the Clio for the year! So when I find one that's good price/condition and not got any niggles that'll come to bite me in the rear(Clutch, I'm looking at you). I've got some plans for it as well, so expect to get to see something special happing with the car. ;)

And what'll happen with the clio? She'll be put into storage at a family friends barn, as a extra car for time's we need one.

• 4 weeks later...

:bump:

I've got a new motor, what is it?

Honda Civic Aerodeck 1.6 SE

What to say? well Not much as it is as I haven't actually driven it yet, no Tax or Insurance as of yet. But bodywork it's spotless, and the cars original and sounds fine. Got it for £600 at auction(did a last second bid), will do a full report on it when ive picked it up.

So plans? well doing a basic service in a few days, filters, oil, spark plugs, etc once i order the parts.

8592612792_0ca48379c1_c.jpg

Honda Civic Aerodeck by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Will have more pictures up in the next few days.

Nice Honver/Rovda/Rover+Honda. ;)

What are you plans about the Clio you have?

It was't until after I got it and had a good look round it that I figured it was the same civic based on the Rover 400/45. Funny how things work out there.

For the Clio. Were keeping her for now, my dad may swap his current car and use the Clio again(was originally his), or we'll rest he up in a friends barn and keep it for when we need it. Other option is we sell her, which we can make a profit on what we bought if for, but I'd much rather keep her.

Guest MrLolololXD
or we'll rest he up in a friends barn

Barn finds of the future - Renault Clios

Congrats on the car purchase, and yes some RS watanabe/Minilights would look awesome on it. Other than that, see if you can find a Jap style grille like Dan has on his Civic, would look 100x better instantly :D

Barn finds of the future - Renault Clios

Congrats on the car purchase, and yes some RS watanabe/Minilights would look awesome on it. Other than that, see if you can find a Jap style grille like Dan has on his Civic, would look 100x better instantly :D

Just think, future editions of Forza Horizon will feature it, as well as being sold at Bonhams auctions. ;)

Only huge mod i'd consider doing would be making it a Rover 45 'Tourer'. As the Rover 400/45 & Civic/Aerodeck(that style of civic) are the same body/interior! An actual 45 Tourer was never made due to Honda limiting the terms to just a saloon.

People have done it, using both the pre-facelift and facelift Rover 45.

Yes I'm nuts. :nuts:

Sweet! Drop it an inch or 2 (nothing silly) on some white/polished lip Sprinthart's, and as mrlolol said, JDM grill- will look great, imo. Not so keen on turning it into a Rover- do as you will, its your car, and all that business but I reckon it'd be better left as a Civic- and I dont like Civics much :P

I'd really have to watch when dropping it if I did due to the fantastic road conditions we have(super-pot holes and such) and the fact I do alot of driving on single lane roads, or up in the mountains. Also the car will be a luggage loader. But I'll see.

With the grill, can't get a JDM one as my cars not a Civic par-say, it's really a Domani, so hence why the rover change is appealing to me. And Like the idea of RS watanabe/Minilights on as I personally think it'd look well, some gunmetal gray/black one's would fit it to a tee. Although the minilights are cheaper & easyer to get over here in the UK.

Going to see how things go though. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Was up on the Old Military Road (B974), which is one of the many great driving roads that's within a hours drive from where I live. Has eveything, narror roads, tight bends, steep inclines & declines, great views and some great vista points and ends at a quaint little village. Dan (Fabai driver) got a video of the road on his GoPro which he mounted to the front bumper on the drive back, with me in the AeroD in front so expect to see that soon, both here & on Blown Turbos.

This is Halfway along the road at a vista point carpark.

8628779309_d43885ac13_c.jpg

Civic AeroD & Skoda Fabia by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Not of the car, but the view from facing the camera the otherway...

8629886448_ef20ca7e53_z.jpg

Zilla Landscape by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Also next week I'm doing a full check on it along with a service. Know that a rear bearing is on it's way out but can't decide which side, and the thermostat is missing or locked open so replacing that as well. Will start looking for new suspension, wheels and upping the brake disk & pads in the coming months if I think the car's not going to die.

Also getting a free photo shoot of the car done next Friday. :nods:

• 3 weeks later...

:bump:

Had a photoshoot with friends the Friday just gone. He wanted to try out a few things & we wanted some neat shots of the cars. :nods:

I took this on my phone, but will have a pic or two from the shoot up here when I get the photos. :cool:

8674832781_9db8877844_c.jpg

Guarding the Fort. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

2 of the least interesting cars even to be in a photoshoot? :lol:

Yeah, it was really sunny & im not sure fully how to do effects on the camera. :lol:

If I put a MG badge on it, it'd be when i do the front end swap with the MG ZS. Facelift or Pre-Facelift. And i'd only get the MG sawp insted of the Rover if I had a swapped engine.(It'd be one of the sportier Honda Engines!)

So could end up a real hybrid :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Since fitting the new thermostat, the engine is heating up now. The odd thing is the old 'Stat works fine(tested it), so god knows what the problem was...considering how although the engine tempture was't heating up, I was still getting heat from the heater....stumped me that but oh well it's fixed. :eek:

Next on the list of 'To do' (rather than, 'want to') is a new exhaust, the hole in it has finally gotten from being 'there in the background noise' to "cheap & tacky 'sports' exhaust"....time to get a bean can & some jubilee clips to sort it for the time being while I have a look at how much pipe I'll need to make a replacement. :nods: