We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Calster's "Fleet"

calster17

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that, yes.

Also, you bloody copy cat! I've had mine since September!

I love all this talk about modifying suspension for handling. Mine is fine-handling as it is! It's been through Glen Shee several times at perfectly legal speeds, honest. Also, I cannot see the point in lowering my MX-5. It's low enough as it is. I've already got scrapes on the underside of the front bumper!

I was originally going to get Equip 01 replicas(made by Caliber as well), but picked the Eclipse. ;) They suit both our cars though, but yours better...as you dont have the huge wheel gap like mine! :lol:

The MX5 is a good handling car as it is, so no need to tinker with it unless you wanted over-steer I when turning every corner!

As you should try the Banchory - Fettercairn road if you haven't alreday, not as fast or sweeping as the A93, but more challenging and the vista points are great.

And once at Fettercairn you can turn back and do the road again or head to Laurencekirk and back up the A90.

Heres a picture from the last drive me and my mates did up that road,at a half way point, 'Cairn o Mount'...

971911_378562008916425_672616359_n.jpg

Just tell me next time you bunch of wrong-wheel drive hatchback owners do it and I'll spank you!

Sounds like a plan, although I don't it for racing, go for the joy of driving. ;)

The Fabia driver on the otherhand...but I don't think a 1.4 SOHC with 115k on the clock will cause you any problems though? :lol:

I'll have to add you on Facebook or something.

-

The exhaust is still held together with two jubilee clips, place gave us the wrong downpipe(two different types) and they could't get my one...saying the only place that would have one would be Honda them self. So just went online and finally ordered one tonight...heres hoping to finally get it fixed next weekend.

Now I'm just thinking what I should get next, new break pads & disk's all round or coilovers?

Tempted for the breaks, mine are fine now but wanting to get fancy ones, also an excuse to spray the calipers with plasti dip.

Thinking of doing the calipers Pink, red or dark grey. Dunno about a logo on them, but if I did it would't be Civic ones...maybe a MG/Rover logo. :nods:

still trying to find a good set of leather/half leather seats from a R45 or ZS, found some at the scrappy in a 45 saloon, but as I guessed there no use for me due to the 45 saloon not having folding rear seats. The hunt go's on.

The flys Paul, and theres a 1 in 50 chance of seeing him! :lol:

I was originally after a Rover 75, but was at the auctions(thainstain mart) and saw the Aerodeck, and put a last second bid in and won. :nods:

they never made the MG ZS in estate form, Honda never made that part of the agreement, shame as they look great with MG/Rover front ends(people have done front end swaps). It's good though as I can get OME stuff from both MG,Rover & Honda!

Oh, i got the exhaust sorted finally and also...

1013422_10151643521806132_450889525_n.jpg

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Good news:

1) 'Wolf' Never let me down during a 600 mile round trip round the north of Scotland, on some great, challenging roads while carrying a full load of stuff. :cool:

2)

164238_10151697689461132_47505381_n.jpg

MeisterR Coilovers for the M style civics's! Took a while to find but found them, and managed to get in on a group buy on the Civic5 fourm(saved myself about £100).

Bad news:

1) On said 600 mile trip, i started to hear a squeeking metal sound when turning, turns out a CV boot is ripped....also grease is everywhere inside my NSF wheel and calipers. Cheap enough to fix but cant be bothered doing it.

2) As expected, all the blots and such for my current suspension is rusted to hell...so removing them will involve lots of swearing and a ton of WD40.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And Sadly, the good Ol Clio will be sold during the next week. My dad's finally gotten a car that suit's his needs (back to saloons again!) and we have no need for Clio now.

1185510_10151764727411132_1990998459_n.jpg

Picture took with my new camera!

Been with us since last June to cover my dad while he fixed up the Saab 95, then when I got my current Job I got the Clio and he took the Saab again, and after he sold that and I got the Civic, he took the Clio back.

Will be sad to see the old girl go, and hope it's a caring owner he gets her.:sulk:

• 1 month later...

Don't worry, it's not stuck on(can see the tips of the H behind it). Got the badges from the scrappy So though I'd play with it(Got the one showen, off the backo f a facelift ZR, and a badge off a ZS and the ZS lettering)

Going to see about the MG front end next year after Ive got everything sorted out. Got the MoT next month so everything may go up in smoke if something big comes up and the cost to fix it is not worth it.

Got all the new seats in finally, had the fronts in since last weekend but the rears needed some extra work, I though it'd be a case of fitting right back in and job done which sadly it was't the case, for starters half the bolts are different sizes and the hook for locking them in place was smaller than whats fitted to my car. So had to do a run to the scrappy again to get the ones to fit, then forgot to get a drill bit the right size for drilling holes in the fitting for the original bolts. I also got the center arm rest thing as well(forgot it last week) as having the hard plastic one diddent seem to look right.

1234482_10151859239941132_725878113_n.jpg

1380478_10151859238746132_1514783354_n.jpg

Got the door cards to put in next, doing that sometime in the near future.:nods:

Still got the strut brace as well to fit if I want, but not rushing for it as got other things to do first.

• 4 months later...

It's been awhile since I updated this, so lets got a nice update! :D

The garage:

The Civic, AKA 'Wolf'.

She's still going strong as ever, hauling all sorts of crap and scraping on speed bumps. Would't have it any other way. Haven't had any new mods since the last report, just more stickers on the off-side rear window and the yellow headlamp tint. She's getting re-taxed as well as new belts and timing done as well as sorting the valve clearances.

May end up looking like a MG ZS by the end of the year. :D

The Clio. AKA "Renault Sport Clio NBR edition" or "The Shed", "the van" or "PoS" (Peace of S...)

She's a 1999 1.2 8V Clio, Mk2 phase 1 'Poverty Spec'.Only has 64.5K miles under it's wheels and drives like a dream. It's better to list what it doesn't' have rather than it has, so to start the list: No Power Steering, ABS, TC, Rev counter, rear seats. Has unpainted bumpers, original Renault cassette player, 4 wheels, 2 doors and a roof as well as some rust. To be fair, it's better than it sounds, mechanical its perfect, body wise it looks a dog.

This acts as a van and soon to be track car, because racecar and all.

Why do i have two cars? because i needed something to use for work while the Civic was getting fixed for its MoT back in October (2013), got the clio cheap and haven't the heart to sell her. Love the basic thrill of it and has the classic go-kart handling of the mk2 Clio!

Heres a teaser image of things to come for "Renault Sport Clio NBR edition" ;)

1662071_495471917225433_949295400_n.jpg

Quad post from me...

Anyway, project "Renault Sport Clio NBR edition" is getting even closer to finished state...

[ATTACH]19818[/ATTACH]

Whats lighter than a carbon bonnet? No bonnet at all of course. ;)

Actually do have a new bonnet on it, old one was way to rusted and as some of you guys may have seen I've got a new bonnet for it(By new I mean off a scraped, white Clio). Also removed the front heat shield as it had come loose and sitting on the gear linkage, so got a annoying rattle when changing gear.(By removed, I mean bashed, sawed and tugged the thing off). Tomorrow the rear seats are to be removed for the weekend(trackday) and i'm doing the oil change, then off to get a full tank of Shell V-power(again, only for the trackday) as well as putting some redex in the tank...because of course i need to squeeze every bit of power from that once mighty engine. :rolleyes:

Who needs aerodynamics when the car can weigh the same as a 20 Marlboro? ;)

Form > Function, etc etc blah blah :cheeky:

Besides, this is how she looks now...

[ATTACH]19820[/ATTACH]

Looks nicer(no rust along the bottom right) as well as safer(i'll post a picture of how badly rusted the flip side is!).

I've got to try and squeeze every bit of power from that once might 60hp 8v engine and make the most of the 93Nm torques it once had. :lol:

Oh, before anyhate for the 'Renault Sport' stickers I've on the car(got the retro ones on the front/back and got modern ones on the side)...this is a piss-take* track car. So the sport part is because of the lack of. ;)

*Been told in that context, it's allowed!

• 1 month later...

So scene. Finally got round to doing this.

10154241_10152291156041132_9038553210798496296_n.jpg

NyanZilla rocks.

Had the blue filler cap for months now but only just got round to putting it on and doing this. No reason to do it other than scene points. Can swap it for the black(with ZillaGhost sticker) as well when I get bored of it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.