We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to re-install TDU1 FRESH on a PC

Jonez

How can I re-install TDU1 BRAND NEW on my PC. It had been installed on my PC already, but I want it to re-install like it is being installed for the first time. For example, when I try to re-install, it doesn't ask me for the game security code anymore because it is using old data files, but I want to use the original data files with a new installation. How can I do this?

Set up your PC to show hidden files and folders, then go to C/ProgramData/ and delete the Test Drive Unlimited folder which is in there. Next time you start the game, you will be asked for your CD-key.

If you had any mods installed you need to go to the location where the game was previously installed and delete all remaining files manually, as the uninstaller won't take those.

Then I think the only thing left is your save game data. If you want to delete that too then go to My Documents and delete the Test Drive Unlimited folder.

The registry entries should have been deleted when you uninstalled the game.

Do this and I think it will be like TDU has never been installed on your computer before.

Thanks for responding, but I deleted those folders and tried re-installing, but it still doesn't ask for the security key. Also, the TDU folder from the ProgramData was not created after this installation and the game now crashes after the Atari and Eden games intro videos.

Hey I figured it out! You were right about deleting those folders, but there is another one: C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Atari. After deleting this as well, and re-installing, the game worked like new! Thanks.