We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Hi, so this game costs around 20€ and i found out that the official servers are gone. Apparently im not intrested in singleplayer. Is it worth buying the game just to play this multiplayer mod? How stable is it?

Well, from my experience, there are about 100 players online at peak times, seems to be a stable number as well. Can get down to 30s at off peak times. Servers work a lot better than the original ones, you get connected to players a lot faster and the connection doesn't drop, again, at least for me. Online races don't work, but you can still cruise around the island with friends.

You can use custom mods, like Milli's ultra community pack (or the upcoming tdu platinum) and you won't get banned or anything.

I haven't seen the server down, although I'm not the most active player.

Hope this helps! :tup:

In game clubs is still available ? Because i want create club with my friend but i don't see clubs on map. Second question, a lot of players who have write nick on white standing or have huge lags but players who have write nick on red don't have lags, so my friend have huge lags.

Clubs are not available, and the "white" nick means weak connection. So, their refresh rate is smaller, that's why they lag.

Hi, so this game costs around 20€ and i found out that the official servers are gone. Apparently im not intrested in singleplayer. Is it worth buying the game just to play this multiplayer mod? How stable is it?

If you really are not interested in Singleplayer i don't recommend to spent 20 € on it. I think only real TDU-Lovers are still playing the game, and as above was written, the only multiplayer thing you can do is cruising with someone or instant challenges.

So basically you could do only instant challenge as multiplayer part.

ALL other Multiplayer things are unfortunately deactivated, because they needed a lot of programming stuff. I recently have read that TDU 2 Server are based on Lua programming. Same for TDU ?

And a reminder to the admins to switch Multiplayer tracks on again, just for own fun stuff for the people who want to test drive the thing (as i heard you can test drive them?). Personally i dont know this, i think i never test drive a multiplayer track.

And Welcome back TheSeeker...lol...really funny how old known players come back to the best Racing game ever. :D

I have a problem :/ I built my pc without a disk drive because in this day in age everything available via digital download... with that said, i cant not find a copy of digital copy of tdu 1 ANYWERE. Ive looked through a mass amount of forums. Would anyone have an solution? (not just buy a disk drive plz)

I have a problem :/ I built my pc without a disk drive because in this day in age everything available via digital download... with that said, i cant not find a copy of digital copy of tdu 1 ANYWERE. Ive looked through a mass amount of forums. Would anyone have an solution? (not just buy a disk drive plz)

Yo! I have the .ISO of the game if you want

Check this thread.. heh heh

Also the Russians have their own custom builds on vk.com, but I wouldn't bother with those. Stick with UCP (for now) and the upcoming Platinum on this site.

And for ISO mounting, I've always used VirtualCloneDrive. IIRC, Daemon Tools was bought out by some shady people who put malware in it years ago.

What features aren't / won't be working at release? (this list may change)

Clubs, Drive In, Multiplayer Lobby, Leaderboard, E-bay

When can we enjoy this features? I hope that can be activate soon because my friends and me want to create a club, trade cars/bikes and enjoy the full multiplayer game.

Thank to the creators of this mod, it's incredible!! I played in 2007 when the official servers were activated, missed too much this game.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:35 PM, Pablo320i said:

When can we enjoy this features? I hope that can be activate soon because my friends and me want to create a club, trade cars/bikes and enjoy the full multiplayer game.

Don't think this will be ever possible with the mod. When this even is possible programming-wise, what I dont think, nobody will bother to Continue this mod anymore since the demand is almost non existent. Not only for the Features but TDU in general

• 2 weeks later...

So, if the game is that old, to play the mod do i need to have the bought one (i dont even know where can i buy it) or i can play the mod with a friend with the cracked version lol... Sorry, but i played the game a long time ago and it was not even the multiplayer so i dont remember what is the situation with this.. xd

Edited by Bosa Na Kokosa

59 minutes ago, Nick1999 said:

DO we need a LEGIT copy of TDU or not? Thats my main question of the day!

The server is a bit sketchy for me at times. If you notice people not joining your session and then map out and see player dots as yellow instead of red, then your connection with the server worsened. But for me this clears up by just rejoining the game.. although sometimes the game freezes upon rejoining and I have to reboot it.

Also make sure everyones ports are forwarded properly and all that.

Edited by TDU Iceman

11 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

The server is a bit sketchy for me at times. If you notice people not joining your session and then map out and see player dots as yellow instead of red, then your connection with the server worsened. But for me this clears up by just rejoining the game.. although sometimes the game freezes upon rejoining and I have to reboot it.

Also make sure everyones ports are forwarded properly and all that.

i always see people in Red..