We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2013 Racing games

Ryzza5

Veni Vidi Vici - Driving into 2013: a definitive guide to 2013's upcoming racing games

Sim

Assetto Corsa

Project CARS

RaceRoom Racing Experience

rFactor 2

Formula Truck

GTR3

Ayrton Senna game

Forza Motorsport 5

Simcade

Grid 2

MXM Project/Moto GP

WRC 4

DiRT 4

F1 2013

Arcade

Carmageddon: Reincarnation

Real Racing 3

Urban Trial Freestyle

WRC Powerslide

Real World Racing

LocoCycle

Distance

Nitrous Undefeated

Need for Speed: Something or Other

Well, that's quite a lot of racing games... so what are you looking forward to?

Personally looking forward to Assetto Corsa and Project CARS. Will also keep a close eye on GTR3 and RaceRoom and will see if rFactor 2 improves enough to justify it's subscription model.

If cheap enough I might also check out Formula Truck and GRID 2.

DiRT, NFS, and Forza will have to knock my socks off to get me to stay up to date, FM5 has the benefit of an extra year in production. If there's a bunch of recycled content (tracks mainly) and that boring career calendar I'll probably leave it.

I'll tell you, GRID 2 looks pretty friggin' good. I liked the first one quite a bit.

Forza 5 will have to be pretty good for me to keep interest and it hurts me to say that because I'm a massive fanboy of the franchise. But with that extra production year, I'm expecting big things out of Turn 10 - don't disappoint me Dan.

DiRT, NFS, and Forza will have to knock my socks off to get me to stay up to date, FM5 has the benefit of an extra year in production. If there's a bunch of recycled content (tracks mainly) and that boring career calendar I'll probably leave it.

I don't know how people keep playing everyday on FM4... that's so boring, same tracks (and cars) from FM3, plus they also removed some of them...

I expect big things in FM5, especially day/night racing, and dirt racing... I hope FM5 won't be an FM3/4 recycled... :/

1. Assetto Corsa - mainly because it will feature road cars and lots of modding possibilities

2. FM5 - because Forza? I'm curious if they will add new tuning options (rims, damnit!) and tracks

3. GRID 2 - I loved the first GRID, it had the best drift physics and overall it was really enjoyable!

I downloaded RaceRoom yesterday, but haven't had time to play games at all.

Did you even bother looking up the game? :lol: Modding =/= Customization

Also, Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks.

:cheeky:

Personally looking forward to Assetto Corsa and Project CARS. Will also keep a close eye on GTR3 and RaceRoom and will see if rFactor 2 improves enough to justify it's subscription model.

Same for me :)

Except something about Pcars :

Graphics are awesome and the better so far. It's just incredible sometimes and the work on weather & day night cycle is awesome. I just hope for a descent AA cause 8x looks very bad even for my 2560x1440 monitor. I can run TDU1 with AA32x wich looks very good but 8X is too short for a game running with high poly models.

But about physics, It's very hard for me to find pleasure, hard to drive in the bad side of a simulator, arcade on the way that cars move on the asphalt, only some dynamics and agressive sound keep some reason to continue few more minuts.

I was happy to see the E30 M3 until I understand that I'll never do anything with this car, feeling like a TDU2 fail.

To be clear, TDU1 give me better sensation if I use the game in the right way.

But, SMS seems to try to improve their physics, and I am pretty sure that they have the ressources needed to realize that. They have still one year + possible update, I am confident that they will do something great, maybe not the better physics, but at least something that give pleasures as a GT5 or FM4. Let's hope the best! Still stay a question about modding support. AC and its modding support will give me free environnement possible and we all know that we can't wait from game devs for a free roam driving simulator online, we have to make it ourselves.

Between the experienced physics guys and Ben and Nic and all of us I'm sure they'll get it too. Main reason for current issues is the brand new tyre model - still experimenting with what's possible and what our CPU's can cope with. That and the fact they need to remake tyres for each car group and then tweak for feedback.

This is all the stuff that usually happens before games are even announced, so nothing to really worry about given the amount of time we have. Best part is there's no greedy publisher to impose a deadline or enforce other concessions.

Guest MrLolololXD

These are what I'm looking forward to

Assetto Corsa - Looks like it'll be awesome

Project CARS - Can't wait to see if I'll get a decent profit return

Forza Motorsport 5 - As long as it has a bunch of new tracks, day/night cycles and weather. Plus more base cars and less DLC's would be good

Grid 2 - I loved Grid 1

WRC 4 - RALLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

DiRT 4 - MOAR RALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

F1 2013 - Hopefully they'll put in vintage F1's this time, there's been talk of it for the last few titles now...

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I didn't know about most of these until I read this thread.

I'm most looking forward to Assetto Corsa and Formula Truck. I've got an old truck racing game somewhere which I used to enjoy playing despite barely being able to keep up with the AI as I was using a keyboard. I think it may have also had something to do with me not wanting to use the brakes either :p

Forza 5 would interest me if my Xbox worked. DiRT 4 will need to be a lot more heavily focused on proper rallying. WRC 4 would need to be realistic with proper length stages, etc. I can't see DiRT 4 or WRC 4 living up to my expectations.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Near enough all of them will be based on how they look feel.

DiRT4 will have to be near full rallying to get my attrition, hoping it will and all the non rally stuff will be in 'Showdown'.

GRiD 2 I'm keeping an eye on, but will likely get.

WRC4 will depend on DiRT4.

Forza 5 is an interesting one, personally can't see it leaping huge amounts from 4, all the cars from Horizon, a track or two more(or removed?), and an night on some tracks? More DLC?

NFS? Will have to see what it's about.

Rumours are there will be an Xbox event in May this year , we know the console will be out by the end of the year before holidays, maybe even by late October when Forza usually comes out???

NFS? If I had to guess, I'd suggest this year's one will be made by the "The Run" team (going by the 2-year cycle with 2 studios) and they'll make something to go along with that NFS movie that I think I heard about in the chatbox here a few weeks ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Have had the Formula truck 60min preview sitting around on my pc for a while and when i played it i knew i had to buy it! Was on it thismorning and it is great fun when you learn how the trucks actually handle.

Each truck has its own personality and having different classes of trucks racing in the same field makes it more interesting for ones that zoom past you on the straights to then go past them again on the corners.

Will have video's up soon of me doing some laps!