We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

MrLolololXD's 2002 Toyota Supra SZ-R

Guest MrLolololXD

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD
Didn't notice this thread. Congratulations with the car. I only have 2 questions:

Do you know why the bumpers are are a different color? I hope it's not from crash-damage and a bad repair.

Any plans on turbo-ing this? :D

Thanks MB :) As for the fading, certain colours had problems with fading and peeling clear from the factory. The worst colour for this was baltic blue, I have NEVER seen a baltic blue Supra where the paint is faded and peeling over the entire car, unless it's had a respray. Unfortunately the other 2 worst colours for fading seem to be silver and my Moonstone... And the plastic parts are usually the first to go, followed by the roof and bonnet. They reckon the car has lived a decent amount of it's life outside in the sun, which has accelerated the fading since it's a late model. But there's no signs of any previous repairs/paintwork.

No turbo for a while, but in a few years when I have my full license I may consider it, depends on whether I go down the road of individual throttle bodies or not before then :p

Keep it naturally aspirated, please. :(

I will :p

A person whos name is snuggle muffin cannot have this beauty of a car *nono*

Ship it over to me :D

Can't wait to see the gradual build up

I saw a matte black supra today :nods:

Snuggle Muffin is just a temporary name :p I hope :eek:

Hopefully the build up and fixing of things all goes along smoothly and I won't run into any nasty surprises. Forgot to add to the first post the other day that I'm gonna need a new set of tyres too, the ones on it now are pretty well buggered.

Nice :) How rare are Supras over in the UK?

Guest MrLolololXD
OMFG this is epic. We're going for photos as soon as you tidy it up some! :) :) :)

Oh and I just got my P's too, so i'll drive you round in it :P

Thanks and YES. I'd love to do that lol. We just need to find a model to pose with it aswell :p

And congrats, we'll see :p

Guest MrLolololXD

Lolwat

If it's been sitting there for years, take it, nobody will miss it :D

Any guesses as to what my first mod was/is? It should be here either tomorrow or the next day :) It's something I've been dreaming about for ages, can't wait to actually have it in my hands. But I bet no one will guess what it is (Matt/pr0phecy, shhhhh) :p

Awesome. Looks like you've only got small stuff to do to tidy it up (apart from the paint). When you get it, have a look under the seats for a black box connected to... something. If you can figure out what it is I'll give you cookies xD Seems some Toyota models (imports I think) have them and I don't know what it is!! :hmmm:

Guest MrLolololXD
I'd say it has something to do with exhaust. Or engine. Manifold? Catback?

:phil:

Lol. It's not an exhaust or anything, that said though, I have been keeping my eye out on the Supraforums for a 2nd hand HKS Super Drager catback exhaust in good condition and for a reasonable price.

It's nothing to do with the engine, but it goes in the engine bay :p

Awesome. Looks like you've only got small stuff to do to tidy it up (apart from the paint). When you get it, have a look under the seats for a black box connected to... something. If you can figure out what it is I'll give you cookies xD Seems some Toyota models (imports I think) have them and I don't know what it is!! :hmmm:

Thanks :D Whereabouts under the seats? Only on the driver's side, or passenger's too?

OOOOOH OOOH OOOH is it ITBS??

No :(

Thanks :D Whereabouts under the seats? Only on the driver's side, or passenger's too?

Ours is under the drivers :nods: If you know someone who speaks Japanese that may help :p Either way I can't figure out where the wires disappear to.. :lol: How long until the Toyboata arrives off the boooat?

Guest MrLolololXD

I know someone that speaks some Japanese, I'll ask them when the car gets here. :)

The Toyboata should be off the cargoboata and back on land in about 1 and a half weeks from now. I won't have it until around the middle of March though.

And Ryzza is correct :D