We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUPE serious problem - need help!

VanquishHH

Hi guys.

I use the TDUPE in newest version and have not had any problem with it.

I just wanted to install a new car and physics, but I could not load TDUPE.

Error message was "Invalid File. For security of your game, TDUPE will now close".

Then after a few tries I could enter the TDUPE but there were no files visible, error message was "TDU database not found".

I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WITH ANY RELATED FILES and I am totally shocked, so what happened and what can I do??????

cheers

Hi Dux,

well, I should have written the first thing I did was trying to set the TDU directory again.

First, I could not enter TDPE easily (had to click a few times until I could enter) and second, I tried to set the directory and I tried to set the path in TDUeditor manually, but this failed, too.

Today I put a backup database file into my TDU directory and now the TDUPE (and TDUMT) work again. But, all the physics are set to default. I have all the modded cars and it seems that there are all patches set, too (last version and 1975 patch).

As I am not a computer pro, I just ask myself what could have caused this obvious database crash.

On Tuesday I tried to uninstall Tool´s Lambo LP560 version. I had the Coupé and Spyder installed via the included installer. But unfortunately the uninstaller did not work (button was grey instead of red, hope you know what I mean).

Now I tried to be smart and uninstalled the cars manually, by overwriting the files with backupped original files and also set the physics to default.

Could THIS have caused the database crash?

I don´t know what else could be the reason, because everything was working fine until the uninstaller problem happened.

What do you think - shall I re-install all the physics for the existing mods or is it better to re-install TDU and set it up new completely? For my understanding the game files are okay (or at least seem to be), this was only a physics problem (I think so, because all the mod cars appear in game but w/o physics).

Ideas anyone? ;)

well, before using installers, specialy without working uninstallers like most Tools are, you should open TDUPE and backup original physics, also, you have to have backup of modded physics in case of what happened to you.

maybe you did something wrong while uninstalling those mods, i dunno really just try to reinstall those patches and next time always make backup of last working DB folder in case of troubles.

also if installer doesnt have uninstaller then you can make one with tdumt but only if you know what you do since its risky job, but since most installers( except Zoqqers for example which have many options) you cant make big mistake.

now i really cant help you much except to suggest you reinstall those patches and make backup of it, also make backup of original physics and modded physics and last working db files, whole folder.

is it ok ?

i do that and no problems at all.

and be careful with installers, if it doesnt have uninstaller i suggest you skip it or backup files before using it.

• 9 months later...

this happens to me in 99% of cases, so : I write the physics by my own (I don't even import the physics and picture them, but that's because I like to write them by my own, and because I didn't used any already made physics : I've learned how to do my own physics)

it's not that difficult, you need just some time for practice (and to know every characteristic, but there are not difficult)

if you will decide to write your own physics, look those physics, as an example : [ATTACH]19169[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19170[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19171[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19172[/ATTACH]

no matter if the physics are realistic or not, the most important is to get used with them (but of course : some physics have real advantages, comparing to others, and the best part of my physics is : very easy handling [because of just 50 units of acceleration, big downforce and small drag, and several other reasons], strong acceleration [even though the acceleration is set only at 50], but there are not realistic enough)

hopefully those physics will work for you, if not : do physics by your own (and : I think that some computers, or some versions of this game don't support physics importing, or : your tdupe version cannot import physics made by other tdupe versions, I wonder why this problem was not "debated" before)

I've some problem with tdupe... I'm doing everything right; bnk file,rims,car,sound etc.. using the tdupe choose and save import file. After that im trying to game login and it says force close to game. Can anyone help me immediately pls?

thanks man, that's mean a alot to me.. i try smt; i just copied all database from C to D.. Selected database location D on TDUPE and i mean why wouldn't i give a chance to D :) i made to porsche cayanne and surprisingly its worked.. But only for a couple minute and game crashed anyway. Maybe i should do it what ur said or must use different version of game. After all if it's still not works; i'll format the computer.. By the way if there any other solution of this im open-minded fellows (: