We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eudemon

It's around this time of the year (not really) that we ask for feedback from you guys on how you think we're doing and what if anything (say negative things and you get banned) you think or feel we should do better, do less of or do at all. This year and beyond gaming wise should be a good one what with E3 and the next-gen of consoles coming, but not just that as PC should get a big boost from the more PC centric workings of the PS4 and Nextbox so for a change everyone should win! :cool:

So here's your chance to talk to us and express your views, opinions and more importantly your recipes for the best bowl of Cornflakes.

We're thick feathered so even saying bad and hurtful things is welcomed as we can't learn the bad stuff if you don't tell us. (you'll still be banned of course :cheeky:)

Cheers!

turboduck team

:bparty:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the thread title and thought this would be some sort of gloomy forum financial report.

I would like to see a hidden repository of images for hot games that article writers can browse and assign to their blogs. Having to find or create a screenshot to accompany an article is often enough to demotivate me from writing.

Also we're still waiting for the SAW competition results from February and the badges from the 2011 Forum Awards. :toetap:

Besides those tiny niggles things are good :p

LOL forum financials, there are NONE.

To address your points; what do you mean by a hidden directory full of images? Typically the posts being made are about new news and media that should have it's own images and videos ready to download. As time goes on a good library of images should become available and can be searched through but if it's something totally new and unseen how can we have images ready to go for it? :think: :)

Baldy was meant to be doing that but he's being a space cadet about it.

The forum awards obviously aren't happening and it was during the whole debacle of TDU2 and the consideration about the future of tduck that resulted in their non-showing unfortunately.

The forum awards obviously aren't happening and it was during the whole debacle of TDU2 and the consideration about the future of tduck that resulted in their non-showing unfortunately.

Might it be worth doing a 2013 awards or something similar soon maybe? :)

I don't think it's that odd a time of year for it, movie awards ceremonies etc are usually march/april time etc, plus we'll probably only get the badges in december anyway :p

Something along the lines of the awards if not the awards, something community based, would be awesome atm :)

I've been very busy sadly! Plus I've no idea who's in the draw!
They're listed in the thread mate. :oook:

I miss the annoying flies.
There is a 1 in 50 chance of getting them now. (I may bring them back but give an option to remove them)

Might it be worth doing a 2013 awards or something similar s**n maybe? :)

I don't think it's that odd a time of year for it, movie awards ceremonies etc are usually march/april time etc, plus we'll probably only get the badges in december anyway :p

Something along the lines of the awards if not the awards, something community based, would be awesome atm :)

Perhaps, if there's a want for it then I'll seriously consider it.

To address your points; what do you mean by a hidden directory full of images? Typically the posts being made are about new news and media that should have it's own images and videos ready to download. As time goes on a good library of images should become available and can be searched through but if it's something totally new and unseen how can we have images ready to go for it? :think: :).

Well you're pretty clever at stuff, and I'm sure there are WP plugins out there.

Either some automatic script searches the web or specific gaming domains for new 'racing game' images and tagged with the game name, or we train a monkey to manually gather and upload these, then when writing we just have to search for the game we're writing about in WP, and pick something that hasn't already been assigned to another article.

I'm also unsure what sort of balance you're after here when picking what news to relay. Some sites post about every single car announcement, trailer, new build/patch, whereas I've been reading all the various articles and only writing about the ones that matter. (i.e. do our members play these games or discuss them on the forums/chatbox?) If in doubt I'll wait and combine a few external sources into one (i.e. pCARS Monthly updates with a selection of images/video). Which I'm due to make this week.

Grabbing images is possible but it's also known as scraping and is not something I want to do. It doesn't take long to grab an image or two in order to post the article with what's required to do so.

The balance is mainly all about games and car news that you and our visitors would like to know about, it's as simple as that. I know what you mean by "those sites" as they post all manners such as a new mod being developed, the latest InsideSimRacing video or a new dials/motec display for high-end sim-racing enthusiasts and yes these could be posted but are they what people here want to see? Probably not. And even though some topics such as the arcade racers are looked down upon it doesn't mean that they won't still be fun for many people and thus is something we can post about. The pCARS posts are great as it helps people who are not involved or able to play the builds can see what's happening with it and such.

The thing to remember is the site thing is new to us even if it's been something that's been wanted since we first started, we're all getting to grips with it but it's clear we need more writers who have their own topics and interests to contribute and thus will make it less tedious and a chore for the few of us currently attempting to do it.

At the end of the day the site is something that has been wanted and we have provided it, now we need to look into how to make it something worth having and to make it a place our visitors and members want to check out. We started off slow back in 2007 as well and look where we got to, so let's see if tduck history can repeat itself.

It's also worth putting out there that if anyone does want to see an article about something specific (or random) they are more than welcome to PM it to me (include an image & make sure you proofread it) and I might publish it for you.

The other thing is, if we can get a good group of writers/contributors then it's a lot easier to align with devs and publishers and be able to post better and more informative articles. And at the end of the day we are a community about having fun in whatever game you and we play, so if you are actually able to write about that game and it's news then even better. As it means the people like you will likely feel the same about it and can relate to what you are writing.

there*

thought this was some old member coming back from 2008 that I wasn't familiar with. iirc everyone was talking about my post count so I added a couple of 0's as a distraction (and then forgot). :lol: Welcome back to earth, MrPoopyPants

And by "I", I of course mean Anders :leaves: