We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Rivals {DT} - Drive Fast. Crash Hard. Beat the Police. Repeat.

Soundwave

575650_174731026020273_713966883_n.jpg

EA has announced Need for Speed Rivals for current generation platforms as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game is being developed by Swedish-based Ghost Games (formerly EA Gothenburg) in collaboration with current franchise stewards Criterion Games.

Running on Frostbite 3, Need for Speed Rivals sounds very much in sync with the cops versus racers shtick Criterion has found success with since its own reboot of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit back in 2010.

At the core of Need for Speed Rivals, however, is something Ghost Games is dubbing AllDrive. AllDrive is a feature that will allow gamers to seamlessly transition from playing alone to playing with friends, removing the distinction between single-player and multiplayer. Even while playing through the game’s single-player progression, players and their friends can come across one another and instantly become part of each other’s game.

The announcement also goes on to outline several other features, including upgradeable gadgets for both cops and racers, the return of Autolog, personalisation options (including custom license plates, liveries, decals and rims, plus performance upgrades) and “next-generation detail and weather effects.”

Ghost Games also declared that Need for Speed Rivals will see the return of Ferrari to the Need for Speed franchise for the first time in seven years, citing the new F12berlinetta as one of the Fezzas that will feature.

Need for Speed Rivals will hit current generation platforms on November 19, 2013. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are promised “later this year.” There's also a PC version in the works.

It was revealed in October 2012 that Ghost Games was hiring for a Need for Speed game.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/23/new-need-for-speed-announced-for-xbox-one-ps4

Teaser trailer:

Screens:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18okgxky97biejpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18okgs7l6uqs6jpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18okh7rxxgteyjpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18okh3zsz3pc7jpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18okh1f2gl47bjpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18okgznxh5vwkjpg/k-bigpic.jpg

Official site:

Need for Speed Rivals - Official Site | Need for Speed

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this NFS looks great! I can't believe i got myself to say that after years of bad nfs.

Let's hope EA gets back on track, and don't ask 5$ real money for a fuel tank refill in the game.

Cockpit cam would be beast though :D

Cockpit cam + freeroam + police pursuits..Oh meh gawd!

this NFS looks great! I can't believe i got myself to say that after years of bad nfs.

Let's hope EA gets back on track, and don't ask 5$ real money for a fuel tank refill in the game.

Cockpit cam would be beast though :D

Cockpit cam + freeroam + police pursuits..Oh meh gawd!

Well let's be realistic. EA will always have microtransactions, that's never going to change. As for cockpit, we haven't had it in over 10 years - I don't think it'll return. Not to burst your bubble, of course, we can have our hopes - but EA has a one-track mind.

you're confusing EA with activision.

anyway the graphics looks great. The most wanted was already the best looking racing game around in my opinion.

Looking forward to this one. I quite like the multiplayer session idea

The former EA CEO actually said he'd like to charge $1 per reload in Battlefield.

As far as this game, it's NFS. :yawn:

Perhaps you've gotten too attached to the stigma that NFS doesn't equal a quality game. It certainly used to, NFS used to reign supreme 10 years ago - I know they still have the ability to reproduce another blockbuster. NFS: HP was a good start, Most Wanted was pretty excellent - hopefully this game can bring them up even higher.

As for microtransactions, they're a pain. EA will continue to have them as long as people use them, which will be forever.

Well the Ferrari part got me (also the Agera), but! I don't like where it says "in collaboration with Criterion" honestly, I didn't like MW2012, no manual gearbox its a Need for Speed come on! And what about Shift (1&2), we've got cockpit cameras there and they were (are) good!

Regards!

The Run was way better than Most Wanted, or maybe it was just that I played MW on the Xbox which had awful graphics and couldn't keep a stable framerate compared playing The Run on PC. If it was cheap on Steam to test

Didn't you start a thread just a few hours ago for this when they posted something on Facebook?

"AllDrive is a feature that will allow gamers to seamlessly transition from playing alone to playing with friends, removing the distinction between single-player and multiplayer. Even while playing through the game’s single-player progression, players and their friends can come across one another and instantly become part of each other’s game."

Sounds awfully familiar if you ask me. :hmmm: What game was that again?

"AllDrive is a feature that will allow gamers to seamlessly transition from playing alone to playing with friends, removing the distinction between single-player and multiplayer. Even while playing through the game’s single-player progression, players and their friends can come across one another and instantly become part of each other’s game."

Beat you to it pal, see post #4 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the probable reason why there's a rumour that the new consoles require you to be online