We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help using TDU Modding Tools, Vehicle Manger

nathanair

Everytime I click on a car I get this error, UNABLE TO LOAD VEHICLE DATA, Please download bah bah bah..

So how do I fix this, I might be a noob, but I need help.

Thanks guys..

--- Post Updated ---

I got this from the MODDINGTOOLSDEBUG.LOG

** 7/06/2013 4:55:30 PM ERROR

*** Exception > Unable to load requested vehicle data.

-- parent exception --

*** DirectoryNotFoundException > Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Euro\Bnk\Database\DB.BNK'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

at TDUModdingLibrary.fileformats.banks.BNK._ReadData()

at TDUModdingLibrary.fileformats.banks.BNK..ctor(String bnkFileName)

at TDUModdingLibrary.fileformats.TduFile.GetFile(String fileName)

at TDUModdingTools.gui.wizards.vehiclemanager.VehicleManagerForm._LoadVehicleData(String slotRef)

maybe you set the Installation Folder wrongly, use "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited" (I don't know, but maybe you have written wrong the Installation Folder, something like "D:\Games/Test Drive Unlimited")

or try to reinstall it again, the most easy thing you can do when you have a program error ;) . . . first time I didn't knew that I had to set the Installation Folder :D but afterwards, i set it exactly like this "D:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited" and it worked

I had this problem at first to, but thats a long time ago so im not sure how i fixed it.

I don't know how it is on ur pc but on mine harddrive C is the main harddrive so it must be there in my case. Than it would be somethin like C:\this computer\program files\atari\testdriveunlimited.

Yeah you just have to select the main tdu folder with everything in it also the launcher and stuff. Mine is a little bit weird because ive unpacked it so its not seen as an installed programm

:)

When I see threads like this, I'm happy to have made TDU2 Modding Tools for modders only. Not average users.

Indeed, in a few cases (e.g bad TDU install), TDUMT can't guess where the game is installed.

And yes, reinstalling the game is quite rough but it works - as it fixes game install...

So the developer created a great thing called settings. In the main menu. :D

:)

When I see threads like this, I'm happy to have made TDU2 Modding Tools for modders only. Not average users.

Indeed, in a few cases (e.g bad TDU install), TDUMT can't guess where the game is installed.

And yes, reinstalling the game is quite rough but it works - as it fixes game install...

So the developer created a great thing called settings. In the main menu. :D

you can say you are happy that you made tdumt2 for modders only but a higher percentage of players would like to see a modelling tools for normal users to, in my opinion because it is easy to use and had almost everything needed for modifying car specifications. I would love to see a tdumt2 for average users.

But after all youre one of the few guys who could make that happen so than there probably will be no such thing.