We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your Future vehicle

calster17

This, a thousand times this.

My old 306s (I had two of them!) were far cheaper to keep on the road than the Audi. I still find myself considering getting a simple hot hatch to replace the Audi, but I've sunk so much money into this car I want to be the last owner of it before it dies!

You killed one of the 306s with lots of boost, didn't you? :p

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Already contacting this guy by email. A 1999 Miata with CD, power windows, leather seats, and Bose sound. Not to mention the conspicuous Nardi steering wheel. 156,000 miles on it, priced at $4,000. Paint job is only one year old, and it has a new glass-windowed top.

00J0J_2ZQktpSCGT9_600x450.jpg

00x0x_6nGPUAbnkeG_600x450.jpg

00303_4ctEeRhgvYE_600x450.jpg

NAs are too hard to find around here (in good condition), and NCs are too expensive, so I've...settled, so to speak, with NBs. That 1.8 should bring plenty of fun.

Guy didn't reply, but there was one almost EXACTLY like it, so I went for that instead. Only downside is that it's 800 dollars more expensive, but it was in near perfect condition when we test drove it. Even has almost the exact same mileage as the other one. I wonder if it is a duplicate post. :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

So as of now I'm dailying my FRS and with the new coilovers, exhaust and the tiny back seats it's starting to not look nearly as practical as I first thought, so I may need to look into a second car. It'll be a Subaru and I've got a couple options in my head.

Option 1: I can either buy a new base WRX off the dealer lot. Upside is warranty and being the first owner no need to worry about any sketchy maintenance records. Also having bluetooth and all the modern conveniences that I'm now used to is nice as well. Downside is cost, monthly payment would be way high.

Option 2: Look for an older WRX or STI with a clean title. Main upside is cost, but that Subie rumble is nice too. Downside is condition, mechanical gremlins might be more prevalent, more rattles and I'd have to switch out the radio as soon as I get it.

It's a tough choice as I do like the new bodystyle but I don't wanna make myself totally broke just to get it, but getting an 04-07 STI would be awesome as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.