We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StarGT : 2011 FORD TRANSIT SUPERSPORTVAN

StarGT

you betcha :)

Just out of interest.. when you made it, did you alter the UV map for the body?

I know sometimes when modders make a vehicle, they will move a few of the parts around the uv map, such as mirrors and things..

If you didnt move anything, then that will make things easier for me, i can just get the uv map directly from my copy of the forza model and make the skins from that. But if you did thats cool, i can just make a blank template from the van and paint over the top of that. It would just be easier if i know before hand.. Or if you have a blank copy of your uv map, if you sent that to me i can use that, for 100% accuracy. Mainly i just need a heads up on weather you moved anything or not.

Also there wasnt really a need to remove the stripe.. If you take the van to the paintshop and repaint it (even white) the stripe goes away, but the writing and chequered flags remain on the van..

Incidentally.. if anyone REALLY doesnt want ANY textures on the vans body, you could always do it the manual way. Unpack the BNK, edit the vans main body texture to remove the stickers, then repack the bnk again.. its just a texture edit, so pretty much anyone can do that with the tools available to us..

Hey star... just as a heads up. Firstly... Thank you for giving me access to your copy of the model, i managed to open it and export so i could make a template from the UV.

--- Post Updated ---

[/color]i unlock Ford Transit for u, Nobby . Just Download again it.

Unfortunately there is still quit a large issue with the UV map. i can work around it.. kind of, but i thought id let you know about it all the same.

The top half of the rear doors and the back end of the roof overlap by quite a lot.. So if you paint something on the back doors, it will appear on the roof as well. If you use a logo or something it wont be too bad, as often vans will have a logo on the roof. but if you are doing a pattern over the roof and down the back doors it is going to look a bit odd.. Also the front right corner of the bumper overlaps the vans front right body panel slightly.. thats nothing major to worry about though.

Here is what the UV template actually looks like..

[ATTACH]19344[/ATTACH]

And this is what i personally would have chosen for the UV layout...

[ATTACH]19345[/ATTACH]

As i said it WILL still work, but we will just have to be careful about how we paint the skins, we will need to be aware of the overlapping parts.

Also, if we want to use full body skins properly, then you will need to be able to remove the "livery stickers"... Actually i just thought of a way around that... we can just edit the livery texture and make all the livery stickers transparent so you just don't see them and just repack the bnk with the altered texture.. i can do that for you if you want, it should only take a couple of minutes to do..

Anyway, i just wanted to let you know what was going on. i hadn't forgot that i said i would do a couple of skins, or that i had ran away with your unlocked version of the model. that would just be mean...

Ahhh i see, so the UV layout was more to control the scratches than it was to control any body skinning.. i can possibly help with that.

Ive offered this a few times to a few people, so i will offer it to you as well :)

If you want, when you come to making a car mod, let me know.. i can work on the UV layout for the body/paint to make sure its laid out nice for people to sticker/skin.

I have all the F4/FH models anyway, so if its one of them you are gonna work on, just tell me you are gonna work on XXX car, i can load it up, tweak the uv to work properly, and just send you the model to then import to Zmodeler and turn into a mod.. If its a model from somewhere else and you want me to work on it. just send me the model, i will tweak it and then send it back to you. It doesnt take long to fix that sort of thing with the right software..