We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sound Bar

Beav

Hello.

I think im going to get a sound bar tomorrow with a sub. I did see some good 5.1 speaker setups but they all seem to come with a DVD player which I don't need and I don't have much space around my TV in order to place 5 speakers.

Im going to get it from Argos as I can use the Argos card.

I have found 2 sound bars in stock in my local store.

1. Philips

2. LG

The one that looks best and has a higher wattage actually has the built in sub (not sure if this is as good as external)

Any feedback?

Thanks

EDIT: Ile go up to £200. Please take a look on Argos

• 1 year later...

I once visited someone who had either a LG or Samsung TV (they're too similar) who recently added a soundbar by the same brand (which means it can share the same remote control as the TV) and while not being anything like a cinema, it was still much much better than any built-in TV speakers I've heard, which typically face the wrong way to start off with.

So I guess just check if the wattage is decent enough and user reviews and go for any one beyond that if you're a casual viewer and don't want a cumbersome 5.1 setup with wires going everywhere and the inconvenience of setting AV inputs correctly.

A Digital Versatile Disc that can playback movies up to an astonishing 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL).

And yet 1080p feels like it's been around forever, but that's all BluRay does. Digital TV is often 720p or 1080i.

By the time a bigger disc standard becomes semi-popular for 1440p or 4k the next res will be starting to become popular, which is kind-of why it's already nearing it's death. Unless of course we reach 8k which is rumoured to be the max any human can perceive.

Parents? :)

I don't have any Netflix-style subscriptions. Down here there is no a-la-carte or one decent bundle. There are about 5 premium TV providers each with their own exclusives, the largest with a bunch of its own variety of bundled packages which, much like Forza DLC, contain 1 or 2 interests with a whole load of extra fluff. So screw them all, I say.

For that reason PlayStation Vue seemed interesting, although currently limited to two USA locations.

Parents? :)

I don't have any Netflix-style subscriptions. Down here there is no a-la-carte or one decent bundle. There are about 5 premium TV providers each with their own exclusives, the largest with a bunch of its own variety of bundled packages which, much like Forza DLC, contain 1 or 2 interests with a whole load of extra fluff. So screw them all, I say.

For that reason PlayStation Vue seemed interesting, although currently limited to two USA locations.

have you heard something called google?

you can literally write down any show you can think of and find a streaming website, hook it up to your tv with bluetooth or apple tv or whatever and watch it. I cancelled my netflix sub years ago and I haven't bought a cable sub ever in my life I don't think. TV should be dead it's the old people keepin it alive I guess.

• 3 months later...