We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Looks like the game can't be bought on Steam Anymore

Hermano_Nintendo

So i was taking my usual "bored search" on Steam and decided to search for Atari since i've been thinking on the company lately, and the game has no price nor option to purchase it, just like the Ghostbusters DLC.

Could this be the reason for the Free DLC bug? It had an insane sale this christmas just like some Activision games that has been already delisted.

The game is still there, in the Atari.com marketplace, but unavaiable in Steam.

EDIT: Not avaiable in the Spanish Atari website either.

More than likely the paperwork got lost in the transition between the many useless departments and such at Atari. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if someone at Atari has noticed it was available, it was selling and thus decided to pull it for some inane reason. Realistically though it's more than likely Valve got tired of their unprofessional mediocre ways of doing business and the way they deal with their customers and have binned all their titles for the time being.

Just Atari being Atari.

Could be I suppose, maybe they threw it back out on Steam to make a quick buck. After all they published that Ferrari Racing Legends game using their TEST DRIVE license. The mentions of Eden making a Free-to-play racer and mobile game under that license doesn't make sense though unless yet again they liked throwing their money away.

It's all done so wrong that it's difficult to work out what's being done right. :lol:

tbh i don't know, i've been using Universal Launcher since August '13 - when i discovered the unnoficial patch via Steam Community - and don't know how exactly works, but if you play offline DLC is still locked, and i remember it because i spent 9 months without internet playing the game full offline, not being able even to connect to the authentication servers.

Anyway, UL tells me that the servers are up, so something is really going up here.