We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

copy ps3 save game to pc .. possible?

mcsmackton

I understand there is no sharing of save games/dlc on site. However I have a very odd related question. So Im missing 1% Ibiza2 road discovery on the ps3. The hours I've spent scanning the map have made me angry at the game and devs who didnt include an ability to highlight missing bits (there is no reason not to have this). So i have a friend with the PC version and knowing how easy it is to mod the PC version (change road highlight colors etc) I was hoping to import my save gave onto the PC and find out what flippin bit I'm missing.

So if anyone knows how I might do this .. the DATA/OPTIONS files seem like they are likely nearly identical. I spent some time trying to work out how the road discovery was encoded in the files (not the total but the actual roads) with no luck. So far no luck and my missing 1% haunts me eveytime I boot up the game ... taunting me.

cheers.

I don't believe it's possible sorry, have you ran all events and challenges on that section of the map as that usually opens up the majority of the roads that have still to be explored? Apart from that believe me when I say hunting down that last hard-to-see section of road is a TDU tradition. :lol:

well nuts. thanks for the responses guys. I am fairly well aware of hunting down the last 1%, as I have 100% all the other areas except ibiza-2. some were terrible. I've scoured the nets for things Ive missed and filled in all the known gotchas (most I'd found myself). Ive read up on various strats about scanning the map visually and tried them for hours. I know I should ignore it , but what can you do. its been fun trying to reverse engineer the internal structures in teh DATA file but so far no dice .. I can give myself a billion dollars but thats not what I wanted to do. its odd how easy it is to decrypt and re-encrypt the DATA file on ps3 but cant seem to find the same utilty for the pc.

happy cruising.

Funny i always thought consoles files are harder to encrypt/edit, on PC you have all the mod tools, hex editors and all.

Anyway if you still havent found it be sure to check the dirt roads sometimes when you drive off road you get a little hole in the covered road and they're almost impossible to spot from the map good luck mate!

i cant tell if im angry or happy. anyway i just found it .. randomly .. luckily with no sense to it .. was literally warping around as other players would run into my car and make my controller rumble while I was doing something else. driving down a road I saw the tiniest road in the southern town that sorta kinda looked slightly greyer than blue .. and BAM 150 discovery points. what a nightmare. i still think it would have been rad to figure out how to load the ps3 save to the pc version so I could hack around with things. bah.

--- Post Updated ---

hard to explain it .. the in southern town. if looking at the map just left of Hiro Hisaishi Clothes. there is a tiny tiny road running north/south. between two other roads. all this just south of one of the rotaries.

i must have scanned that town 100 times over literally years. now to work on finishing these twitchy DLC caravan runs to get the bonus cars.

cheers all.