We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Livery

Ryzza5

As a Project CARS Manager, one of my perks is having a livery of my choice in the final game. Since I can't think of any good ones that benefit me, the next obvious choice is to make a tduck livery.

I'm not asking anyone to actually make this for me (although if you can that would be great :lol:), but rather the purpose of this thread is just to form a design committee to help form the livery from start to finish.

Since none of you can view the thread directly I'll have to copy the brief here - just don't spread this out everywhere ok (nothing super secret, it's just in the Manager forum because that's the logical place for it).

Rules for liveries:

Only fictional liveries are allowed.

The livery has to be a fictional design with only fictional logos.

For legal reasons, real brands/logos/designs are not allowed!

In the Painting forum you will find a PSD sheet with the fictional brands we used so far. These are free to be used.

You can also create your own logos as well, but they need to be legally waterproof and your own creation.

Web URLs that don't belong to SMS and any real brands are not allowed in any way.

Design and colours

Design and colours should not be too close to any real life livery, because this can also cause legal problems.

The livery design must be the artist's own creation, without stealing from other sources.

Of course this is a rule with discussion potential: How close is too close?

If a livery loosely reminds or hints you to a real livery, it can be acceptable.

The Dev team will decide from case to case what is legally acceptable and what not.

Illegal content

Rude material (nudity, bad language, etc.) and political opinions/logos are not allowed on liveries.

Layered PSD files

PSD file with all layers needs to be submitted to SMS.

Ideally all elements, logos, etc. are on separate layers.

This is needed in case we need to adjust liveries for legal or technical reasons.

Liveries without layered PSD files won't be accepted!

(And of course it needs to look somewhat like a real life racing livery - so not too out there!)

[+] Use of real branding is ok as long as you have full rights to use it of course.

The tasks as I see them are:

1. Get Diablo's approval/thoughts - done

2. Pick base car/car type (thinking GT3 or street class... maybe one of the yet-to-be-announced Audi's)

3. Pick base car paint colour(s) - done (yellow body, orange bonnet, green roof)

4. Design logos and choose best one, also the main font type and colour

turboduck

Diablo to provide larger/alternative PSD files

turboduck-sp.png

5. Dream up additional sponsor names/logos and/or use existing SMS ones

Graham's Goat Washing

Someone to create and submit draft logo

I <3 Bacon
rear ID plate

Members to think of a plausibly legitimate business name (not real) and submit draft logos

6. Logo/text/sponsor placement on car

7. Driver Names

8. Car/Driver number - done '07'

I'm open to all suggestions (even if you're not artistic you can think of sponsor names that somewhat reflect our heritage and insanity (I forsee a Goat Washing sponsor for instance). Of course Diablo (site/brand owner) and myself (perk owner) can overrule if we feel we have to but I'm hoping this will be a popular community project.

Just remember this livery will appear in the final game for you to select and take awesome screenshots of so get involved.

*waits for Diablo*

Previous examples:

tdrs4-642x240.jpg

TestDrive2%25202011-02-15%252023-58-16-58.png.jpg

Is the Audi theme a coincidence?Diablo to provide larger/alternative PSD files

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd slap the livery on racecars like the DTM's or the Z4, which by the way looks amazing in this crazy JGTC livery.

My rough idea:

1. Bacon strip going from the BMW roundel (in the thing in front of the hood if you understand me haha) to the rear diffusor, between the two edges in the middle part of the roof.

2. I <3 turboduck on top of the rear wing, ///M Power on the bottom.

3. What about squirrel(s) on the doors? Just where the hentai girl is on the JGTC Z4?

4. I <3 Bacon "license plate" under the third braking light, DTM cars have I <3 Deutsche Post.

5. tduck power on the windshield where ///M Power is, maybe with M tricolor as a background?

I think Dan's pink & yellow theme is spot on, so I'd use it on our corporate livery.

Guest MrLolololXD

LOL

Can you just imagine, racing around Spa, surrounded by serious racecars in a serious sim racer with serious liveries, when all of a sudden the Turboduck bacon mobile goes flying past?

Some good discussion so far guys, keep it up. I've update the OP with added details. We can't go completely crazy as per Soundwave's Forza livery. It needs to look like a legitimate racing car.

Due to how busy the staff will be they're not going to be able to go back and forth critiquing various versions. If it's not suitable they'll reject it and move on, so we need to be smart here.

For WMD members there are various resources here that may be of assistance. For non-members who still want to help just ask 'is there.....?' and we can see if those resources do exist on the WMD forums.

Keep coming up with other sponsors/stickers. Given the current SMS batch are loosely based on SMS staff surnames (GARTON, BELL, vittorio, & ROLLINS, for example), you could potentially use your own name or a variation of your username (has to be a real name/word, i.e. "Cal's Coffee" instead of "calster77's Carbon Fibre Ornaments").

Of course in some cases "less is more" so while we're hoping to get plenty of submissions depending on how the design works out and what car is chosen we could keep the car looking fairly clean in places. Shapes and other decals can also fill in space instead of logos.

We may also need to come up with a 2 digit car/driver number. Maybe 8 to celebrate Turboducks then-closest anniversary. Or '07' for the year we began... (req Diablo to comment)

This is how you 'paint' a car in GIMP/Photoshop - you download the dev-provided template (wireframe), then fill in the blanks - each logo/text/item being a separate layer in the PSD file.

1oI2k8g

Here are some other community liveries for additional inspiration:

oA0HI0X.jpg

ss225306.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l386/ekuebler/arcsundual_zps613c0f48.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=129136&d=1393800473

attachment.php?attachmentid=129608&d=1393975749

attachment.php?attachmentid=122428&d=1390428272&thumb=1

I'm thinking we replace the GARTON sticker with MELLORS as well.

Definitely need to have a soup and squirrel reference, good call

I'm also thinking we don't go overboard with the visual bacon Tom, maybe a small graphic here and there and some word references. The 'duck' is the main reference.