We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Vorsprung Durch Snotmobile!

me™

1999 Audi A4 1.8 T Quattro Sport. 180bhp of AWD, leather-trimmed, Bose surround-sound waftiness.

The colour is apparently Java Green.

edeZV2l.jpg

p7qVVTU.jpg

0S8eIDu.jpg

Calster17 will recognise where I took the photos! I just got the trims at the bottom of the front doors from there earlier this evening, for free!

Well I got some touch up paint mixed for it at Halfords. The paint code inside the spare wheel well (what an odd place to put that info) was Y6W, which came up as Java Green, and was listed on their systems as a VW colour instead of being listed under Audi. Hmm. The paint they mixed looks like a perfect match though!

Sorry, i don't want to have 4724 versions of Miata's to choose :mhmm:

It doesn't bother me, when you have 1200 vehicles to choose. Even if i had 300 Miatas, still 900 to choose. :lol: But i also prefer night and weather conditions for races, also pit-stops, refuel and such.

But let's not hijack the Java Green Audi's thread, pls. :lol:

• 2 months later...

I really should drop in here more often. I only hear stuff through Calster all the time.

Back at the beginning of May I had the clutch replaced, a solid flywheel conversion, and the timing belt replaced. A couple of weeks later I also got all 4 tyres replaced and an alignment done.

I then also managed to get my own radio properly wired up to the Bose system, so I now have a radio with a USB port, and a 16GB thumb drive full of music playing through a 10-speaker Bose system! :D

So yeah, it's going good apart from a mysterious clunk which I suspect is an anti-roll bar droplink. I have the replacement droplinks here, I just lack the motivation to go and do them. Maybe I'll head out to the parents' farm next weekend to get them done.

Here are some photos of my recent adventures.

I went for a drive up to Tomintoul with my mate and his 320bhp Impreza. No, I didn't keep up, but it was fun anyway!

JGggR53.jpg

NgpWwmt.jpg

Then I went all the way to Stratford-Upon-Avon to watch some drag racing at the beginning of May. That was 450-odd miles each way! It was fun though, I have a couple of friends who run a 1974 Dodge Challenger that does 9.7 second 1/4 miles. If you ask nicely I might post a couple of photos of it.

Anyway, this is what my campsite looked like:

WSLFYLa.jpg

Yes, that's an inflatable whale tied to the roof. It's a long story, but it refers to one of my ex girlfriends. :D

All I remember from that weekend was lots of booze, barbequed meat and tyre smoke. Then the return journey was fueled by lots of motorway service station coffee.

Then I went all the way to Stratford-Upon-Avon to watch some drag racing at the beginning of May. That was 450-odd miles each way! It was fun though, I have a couple of friends who run a 1974 Dodge Challenger that does 9.7 second 1/4 miles. If you ask nicely I might post a couple of photos of it.

Please share this wonder with us! Reminds of an E92 M3 in my area where the guy special ordered it in Signal Green which originally was a color for a 997 GT3 RS. In yours and his case the green was well executed and I quite like the idea of a green Audi. I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

So the car has had a highly annoying metallic rattling from the front end since I got it.

I've figured it out now. It goes away when I press the brakes. So... I have ordered; new front brake pads, anti-squeal shims, and spring clips. That should sort it.

Also, a few photos of Bad Habit, as she is known. All 572ci of her.

hbWSDbl.jpg

1NqPY4x.jpg

8WBapFT.jpg

4ACil8g.jpg

QTexGIw.jpg

mz3q7Uo.jpg

Oh yes. Next year they're upgrading to a, urm, 10.7 litre engine (can't remember what it is in ci). It'll be running dual carbs, still normally aspirated. It's just been built over in America and been dynoed (on standard pump petrol) at over 1,000hp!

• 2 months later...

So, me and Calster went for a drive yesterday...

LlI1vse.jpg

That Focus ST on the left was a bit mad. 300bhp and the loudest exhaust system of EVAR.

Oh yeah, and as you can see, he took the Cappo. It was only insured and taxed on Friday! I also got a passenger ride in it around the centre of Aberdeen. It's hilariously small. :D

Ah yes. here's a close-up of my grille. I painted it matte black with the 4 rings in gunmetal grey.

7cm4POW.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

That's not even close!

I'm really bad at coming here regularly...

Latest news: The Snotmobile failed its MOT last week. I now have £250 worth of suspension parts sitting under my desk at work.

- Left front suspension arm

- Right front suspension arm

- Right track rod end

- Both rear springs (although only one was a failure item)

- Both front brake flexi hoses (these were only an advisory though)

The garage wanted about £600 all-in, including labour. I could afford that, but I want to at least try doing it myself. This weekend I'll be at the parents' farm with an angle grinder, some big hammers, and lots and lots of swearing. I'M NOT LETTING IT DIE! NOT QUITE YET!

If I can get another year out of it, I'll have enough saved up to buy a car with a 4-figure price starting with a 2! Wooooo!

I like the look of Subaru Legacys though. Whatever generation was being made in 2005. Mainly because my parents have a 2005 Outback, and it's lovely to drive. I can only imagine how tight it feels on non off-road suspension. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.