We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Idea for the site...

Guest MrLolololXD

Question

Guest MrLolololXD

So I had a random idea, dunno what everyone would think about it, but here it is.

A for sale section :leaves:

It could be kind of a 'locked' section where only site supporters/speshul people can create threads to sell stuff, to try and keep it under control. If people think they might make some money by selling off some old gaming stuff or car models/collectables to people on here, they'd have to donate $5 and become speshul to be able to post their stuff for sale (plus they'd get all the other perks of being speshul, so even better). I figured it may also bring a few extra people onto the site and make them join up if there's something they were wanting to buy.

I dunno, it could have 4 sections maybe? Gaming related stuff, cars/car parts, hobbies and miscellaneous to break it up. There could be simple guidelines for making a for sale thread, post your country and location, a brief description of what it is you're trying to sell, whether you're willing to ship internationally, include some pics of it and a price etc.

Maybe even include the no posts in the for sale section until you've reached 20 meaningful posts rule for non-supporters?

So my idea in a nut shell, gaming related things, cars, hobbies, misc. for sale sections, supporters can create for sale threads while non-supporters can only post in those threads relating to the specific item being sold. (If they try to advertise something in one of those threads that post will be deleted etc.)

I'd put my hand up to be a moderator of the for sale section to help out, plus all of the full moderators would be able to keep an eye over it aswell, or maybe restrict that to admins and super mods? Maybe there could be a select few to moderate over that section? I don't know about that there again, would be something that needed more discussion.

Alright, everyone discuss below why you think this would be a bad/good idea or if you have any other ideas about how you'd go about it or what you'd change from my idea.

*waits for Diablo's input*

2 answers to this question