We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Random's Scion FR-S (aka GT86)

randomsox10

How does anyone buy a Toyobaru with a slushbox?

California traffic made that decision more of a no brainer. With that said, its a very good slushbox indeed. The manual mode is amazing and the shifts are quick no matter what mode your in.

--- Post Updated ---

That's awesome the amount of stuff I'd do to make that car badass :eek:

Nice pick dude

Theres a couple of things I have in mind. Nothing major cosmetically, maybe some wheels a few years down the line, but I would like to get a Cusco strut brace and probably a new headunit as well

Scion is 'Murica's Toyota. Same as Subaru the one on the Australian market is :) (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was kinda that lol)

Nice ride! Seen the Top Gear episode about the GT86 / BRZ yesterday, and it should be a cool drift car :cheeky: also thought to buy one, but then I remember, I should make the license first.

Scion is 'Murica's Toyota. Same as Subaru the one on the Australian market is :) (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was kinda that lol)

Nice ride! Seen the Top Gear episode about the GT86 / BRZ yesterday, and it should be a cool drift car :cheeky: also thought to buy one, but then I remember, I should make the license first.

Thanks! Haven't really had the chance to drift it but it handles quite well without getting sideways. Hoping to take a trip up to the mountains this weekend for a cruise on some nice roads. Nothing to crazy, as I'm not quite sure where my and the cars limits are lol

5 axis body kit

Trd rear wing

And some beautiful rims

S5:f rims :drool:

Uel headers for that scooby sound :nods:

Oh man I want one of these to work on

UEL headers are also supposed to eliminate the torque dip that happens at about 3500 rpm. And the scooby sound is a nice addition as well lol:D

As for now, setting up my first road trip in my car. Got a nice route going through some good roads, its just really far to get out there unfortunately.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.7965678,-115.5951941/Frosty+Burgers,+28823+Old+Highway+80,+Pine+Valley,+CA+91962/Julian,+CA/El+Centro,+CA/@32.8510144,-116.0957723,97612m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m21!4m20!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x80d97bcc13e143f3:0x1bc00b7cffebd4bd!2m2!1d-116.530745!2d32.822317!1m5!1m1!1s0x80da2cca8a2814c1:0x447cb9659af83140!2m2!1d-116.6019637!2d33.0786552!1m5!1m1!1s0x80d75f9c2642bbbd:0xcb0448b8249ffdaf!2m2!1d-115.5630514!2d32.792!3e0?hl=en

How old are you? California traffic? Bah...

Edit: Nice car though, i really like the FR-S/GT86

Thanks! 18 and believe me, Southern California is a nightmare when it comes to traffic. Drove my step brothers 240sx in traffic and while driving a manual in traffic isn't the worst thing in the world, it just didn't seem like the sort of thing I wanted on a daily basis. Plus like I said, the auto in this car is wonderful and manual mode works very well.

I believe so, but well, i can't deal with automatics or sequentials... i've drove them, and they're really no fun. No matter how good they're. I would never buy a GT-R, for example, just because it doesn't have a manual transmission. :lol:

Also, i'm from a country where 80% of all vehicles are manual... so, i'm used to it. Even in 4 hours traffic jams.

Congratulations on your new 86/BRZ/FR-S! Looks great ;)

Call me crazy but I like manuals in traffic :D it's fun

Yes sir, you are crazy... I drive on a daily basis in heavy traffic to go to the university and some days my left foot just gets numb before reaching the highway (exaggerating... But it does get tired). I drove my dad's car (automatic) in traffic and it was so comfortable! Anyways I prefer 3 pedals, but it's fun to jump to the paddles from time to time ;)

Also, i'm from a country where 80% of all vehicles are manual... so, i'm used to it. Even in 4 hours traffic jams.

So is here (a bit more to the south jaja), though Buenos Aires' traffic jams are not as bad as San Pablo's... For now.

Wow, never believed to see this in my lifetime, but I really just read a post of a girl telling she don't like automatic transmission. Thanks Milli, for giving my life more sence! :nods:

#nohate

Lol, above anything, i still being a car enthusiast.

Call me crazy but I like manuals in traffic :D it's fun

I like them too! :D

Yes sir, you are crazy... I drive on a daily basis in heavy traffic to go to the university and some days my left foot just gets numb before reaching the highway (exaggerating... But it does get tired). I drove my dad's car (automatic) in traffic and it was so comfortable! Anyways I prefer 3 pedals, but it's fun to jump to the paddles from time to time ;)

So is here (a bit more to the south jaja), though Buenos Aires' traffic jams are not as bad as San Pablo's... For now.

You see, automatic cars really are better in traffic jams and so on, they're more chill and less trouble, but the thing is... that's the only and exclusivelly way that they're better, which means, when you're not driving. lol Not better, as better, but better as fun, as enjoying the car. At least to me. And to me, sequential doesn't help in anything either.

I drove this car, which had automatic + sequential. No paddle shifts though, but sequential, that i could choose and everything...

2007-hyundai-azera-large-630.jpg

I know that's not a sports car and anything, so i won't judge that, but, while driving it, it was a really good car and comfortable... i switched to the sequential to test it... and felt like playing a videogame, if you understand me... push that stick, done, new gear... i don't have to do anything with my feet... so, felt like pressing a button.

Since then i've made up my mind, i won't buy an automatic car unless i HAVE to. :lol: Manual in traffic is a pain? Yes, but that's a price i have to pay by making such choice. lol

LETS MAKE DIS THREAD YET ANOTHER MANUAL VS AUTO

There are some vehicles I would never get with an auto box, yet I can't imagine some with a manual. Slushboxes make city driving much more comfy and relaxed, that's just true. I believe that Cali traffic is horrible and all that clutch-1st-yes!-oh c'mon again?! clutch-neutral-yes, we're moving!-1st poop can get annoying.

Now, tell him what mods he should order for his one pedal-less Scion! 'Cause a stock Toyobaru ain't a proper Toyobaru. :p

Exactly the reasoning behind the decision. I know I would have more fun on an empty road in a manual but in traffic on my daily drive not so much. Believe me, I prefer manual to auto as well, but I'd rather not drive it daily.

As for mods, I have a dream list and a realistic list in my head right now.

Dream List:

Greddy exhaust

UEL headers

enkei RPF1 wheels

Alpine headunit

Realistically probably a new air filter or maybe an intake and thats about it until I find a better job.

--- Post Updated ---

Congratulations on your new 86/BRZ/FR-S! Looks great ;)

And thanks :)

LETS MAKE DIS THREAD YET ANOTHER MANUAL VS AUTO

There are some vehicles I would never get with an auto box, yet I can't imagine some with a manual.

Gotta agree with that! A good example of this is BMW offering the M4/3 with both manual and auto/sequential 'boxes.

@Milli, yeah, stock cars with automatic are like very boring. For example my dad's 328i is auto with paddles behind the wheel, and it's great fun, but I guess that manual must be better! Any ways, you are right at saying that they are better when you are not driving jaja, good point ;)

@Random, mod it as much as you want... Just don't rice it! Few weeks ago I say a pink/white GT86 with an ugly spoiler, damn that was ugly!

@Random, mod it as much as you want... Just don't rice it! Few weeks ago I say a pink/white GT86 with an ugly spoiler, damn that was ugly!

Haha don't worry I don't plan on it. I already get enough attention as it is stock. Whether it be sketchy dudes trying to sell me ghetto sound systems or girls who want to ride in it or just people rubbernecking to get a look while they're driving. Just some small things for now.

Meanwhile, decided to take a pic with a nice Evo X that I found today. Also close to 300 miles in less than a week. Still 700 miles left on the manufacturer recommended break in period though :sulk:

BoNAY_xIgAAO-Xh.jpg

just 5000$?! That are peanuts to the price I expected.

Well if you are not going to put it on and cut bodypanels of a new car yourself, you will need to pay a certain amount to the one who is going to install it!

Also consider buying coilovers and new wheels with this bodykit :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.