We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is it possible to replace diffrerent car than mod's author has chosen?

maxko

Hello, im new here but ive got a question about modding tdu 2

i like bmw e39 M5 mod by kiborg-dva. It replaces Lotus Evora in game. But i don't like Lotus Evora's handling and performance, so i want to replace a different car. I have chosen Audi S5. I have replaced file names (evora -> s5 or audi_s5) and it works but there is a problem with wheels. They are in different places than they should be (in front bumper and in rear doors instead of wheel arches)

is it possible to fix this problem?

thank you in advance for help :)

There are some cars ingame which have the same basemodel and for which you can use a mod. For example all Veyrons except the Supersport have the same basemodel. All Ferrari's with "599" in the name have the same and most of the Paganis have. I also mentioned that some mods which are supposed to replace the Mercedes ML63 can also replace the Spyker Peking-2-Paris.

There are some more cars which have similar basemodels, but don't have all in mind at the moment. ;)

• 8 months later...

Get binbow's vehicle property editor... This will fix your problem. Makes a great way to mod your game. To do what you are trying to do take the new models name and change it to what you want. So say it's evora.bnk make it willy.bnk or bob.bnk or whatever you want. This way it doesn't overwrite an original game file. Make sure high model med model and interior model are all named the same

Ex:

High = Bob.bnk

Med = bob_med.bnk

Interior = bob_i.bnk

Place those files in the right folders. Now open up vehicle property editor. Under (I believe) misc tab. It should be the page with price and class. Open up the section that says something about sensitive data (sorry it's not in front of me so I may have wording wrong) look where it says model name... now change that to your cars name. Hit apply and go find that car in game... you can also use property editor to rename that car.

Now that you have your model in game you still have the same wheel issue... This is really easy... so figure out what you new model was made to replace if it replaced the evora go to the evora specs and click on the dimensions tap. Go down click copy and it will copy all specs for the tab you are on (not all car specs you'll have to copy page by page if you want all specs). Now go back to your car. Click paste then apply. Your wheels should now be in the right place.

In Issue May remain. You cameras may be in the wrong place. I don't know if the new version of property editor still looks for camera I'd but if it does this is a little tricky...

Okay open every tab and go to sensitive data tab again.... look for the camera Id value. Write this down. Okay now go to your model and change you camera I'd to this value but also write down the car id value for your car... you will need to know this because you'll get an error the next time you load your car. This is the issue people are having loading up the new auto pack with property editor. Find you tdu2carid.xlm file (almost sure that's the name of it) this is the file vehicle property editor uses to looks up car info. Open this file with a text editor. Now search for your car id when you find your car it will show the name and car id cam id and car id 2. Change cam id to the new value. This will fix the vehicle property error if it won't reload your car after changing camera id.

WARNING! The best thing to do before you do anything is back up your db_data.bnk file. This, is the file vehicle property editor changes...

Hope this helps if you need any help personal message me. I'm currently working on making a classic car mod both adding in new cars and replacing old