We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUF - Most advanced modding tools for TDU so far!

Djey

@Djey , i need assistance with TDUF once again. Lol Not really an issue though. Apparently, TDUF is not being able to understand and read original TDU's F40 camera and IK. [img]https://i.imgur.com/KDyN4J0.png[/img] What i want to know is, how do i tell TDUF that the camera and IK 1022 is F40's? Tried to find it out myself, but no luck, as there isn't a .mdb file like TDUPE. Lol

Indeed, internal db is not visible directly.

Just edit replace files in the tduf.jar file (open in RAR archiver or whatever) : files/db/metadata/cameras.json and iks.json

Cameras issue is likely to be a wrong label (sorry), IK is more problematic as it seems not to be available at all in TDU binaries. You can add it to iks.json file if you want, though.

Let me know if that works, I will update files in next release.

Thanks !

Indeed, internal db is not visible directly.

Just edit replace files in the tduf.jar file (open in RAR archiver or whatever) : files/db/metadata/cameras.json and iks.json

Cameras issue is likely to be a wrong label (sorry), IK is more problematic as it seems not to be available at all in TDU binaries. You can add it to iks.json file if you want, though.

Let me know if that works, I will update files in next release.

Thanks !

Already did! Also added my created camera sets on the camera.json file. Works like a charm!

Thanks for the support Djey! You're da best! ;):geek:

It depends :

• if same slot exists in their TDU database, they will see default car / default bike
  • if this is a brand new slot, I dunno what the consequences will be . Crash ? It's worth testing it :)

No , the way it was working is that there were a "version number" for each file.

Some files remained Version 0, but some database file were updated in each DLC.

Each new DLC was "upgrading" some databases, like the camera.bin file .

The camera.bin file contains the position for the camera from the relative coordinates of the car for

each camera mode (bumper, inside cam etc...)

so, if you had DLC1 and DLC4 ; the game was using the camera.bin from DLC4 , which

was containing datas from DLC1, DLC2 , DLC3 too.

Each DLC was also containing a .XML file with actions to do when the DLC was initialize; ie. put this

car in this shop slots, send a message anouncing the new car etc.

Hope it helps !

Thanks mrwhite69, but I think my answer was about modded, unofficial content. Not DLC.

Modded content can use tools to update parts of database and bin files, to keep previous contents.

DLC, official files are meant to replace existing files of course and make light updates as you said (as people were not exepected to change game contents).

Adding new car slots would be cool. I always wondered, if you're playing online, what will the other players see if you're driving one of the new cars?
It depends :

• if same slot exists in their TDU database, they will see default car / default bike
  • if this is a brand new slot, I dunno what the consequences will be . Crash ? It's worth testing it :)

Replying this, if it's a brand new slot, you will also see the default car, IF, your database doesn't has another vehicle with the same Car ID number.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
hey DJey, I need make a dragster, but, what is the configuration/CarPhysicsData? i need make a wheelies dragster
follow modding tutorials around there, most car physics settings are explained. Otherwise make values by yourself and learn effects ;) kinda fun!

Cest tellement dommage d'avoir abandonné le modding tools pour le 2.
Je n'ai rien abandonné sur TDU2, j'ai fait juste ce qui était nécessaire pour permettre de modifier les fichiers. D'autres tool makers ont très bien pris le relais et c'est parfait comme cela. Pas mal pour un jeu aussi moyen non?

Since you can‘t add new brand logos, you must take an existing one as you say.

To rename brand name, change name resource in brands topic (better to add and use new resource - don't rename resource value).

Even better, you could add a new brands item by cloning gillet brand item and using new resource values on it.

To change a logo, you have to modify texture files (logo brands 2db) with tdumt and a picture editor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

TDUF was meant to be used with Java 8, but it's not maintainded by Oracle anymore.

So just added quick&dirty hotfix for people willing to use TDUF with Java 9/10.

Though I have to figure a long-term solution out, as the trick does not work with Java 11+ sadly  😥

More details in download page: 

Thanks.

TDUF-1.12.0-HOTFIX-JAVA-9-10.zip

On 5/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, Djey said:

Hi,

TDUF was meant to be used with Java 8, but it's not maintainded by Oracle anymore.

So just added quick&dirty hotfix for people willing to use TDUF with Java 9/10.

Though I have to figure a long-term solution out, as the trick does not work with Java 11+ sadly  😥

More details in download page: 

Thanks.

TDUF-1.12.0-HOTFIX-JAVA-9-10.zip 2.63 kB · 1 download

Hi Djey, I am editing my TDU Platinum database with your tool which is easy to use, but the problem is when I want to add cars without any replacing. In fact to be honest I can't understand which parameter or data I have to modify, considering that I have read each and every tutorial in your wikiguide, but anything I found for this contest. What can I do to solve that problem? And yeah, It my first time in order to approach the game editing, so sorry for my noob question.

1 hour ago, dareios87 said:

Hi Djey, I am editing my TDU Platinum database with your tool which is easy to use, but the problem is when I want to add cars without any replacing. In fact to be honest I can't understand which parameter or data I have to modify, considering that I have read each and every tutorial in your wikiguide, but anything I found for this contest. What can I do to solve that problem? And yeah, It my first time in order to approach the game editing, so sorry for my noob question.

Do you realize that add a new car without any replacing is a really complex and long process, right? Not just a magical button to click and bam, there it is?  It takes at least 3 hours to add 1 new car, if you already know what you're doing. 

Just now, Milli said:

Do you realize that add a new car without any replacing is a really complex and long process, right? Not just a magical button to click and bam, there it is?  It takes at least 3 hours to add 1 new car, if you already know what you're doing. 

Yeah, I know, but I would like to learn more about

5 hours ago, dareios87 said:

Yeah, I know, but I would like to learn more about

Trust me man, i have managed to swap a few things around for Platinum, but I tried to add a vehicle before and just gave up, its not just as simple as adding the vehicle, its the performance, interior, camera's, colours, dealers and/or rentals it appears, and more, better to just tweak one of the many, many cars already available and just enjoy what's offered 

12 hours ago, dareios87 said:

Yeah, as Milli said, no matter which tool you'll be using, the process is not straightforward and requires serious amount of time and many attempts 😞

A few hints if you wanna start the journey no matter what:

- it's always easier using reserved slots for new cars that creating new ones. I've created empty, pre-configured slots in TDUCP 2.0, I dunno if Milli did the same with TDU Platinum (they are not compatible with each other). If that's not the case, for the sake of understanding you may have to make another TDU install on your hdd and apply TDUCP2.0 for training. See TDUCP tutorials on GitHub. When you master TDUCP, you should be able to enrich TDU Platinum 🙂 

- To make new vehicle visible, you have to:

• assign it to a proper Car_Id in car physics, which has to be unique value
  • make sure Bnk1.map file (ultra map) has been updated to make TDU accept new bnk file names
  • locate slot (=Item in car physics data) into a dealer (or v-rent)

And sure many points I've forgotten.

Besides, a tutorial (written by @Tob-Racer if I remember well), details the process manually. Although things have evolved since then, I think it's always a valuable information to help understanding how mechanics are.

You may also ask questions in 'School of modding' thread, as it's beyond TDUF scope 

And... good luck! 👨‍🎓

1 hour ago, Djey said:

Yeah, as Milli said, no matter which tool you'll be using, the process is not straightforward and requires serious amount of time and many attempts 😞

A few hints if you wanna start the journey no matter what:

- it's always easier using reserved slots for new cars that creating new ones. I've created empty, pre-configured slots in TDUCP 2.0, I dunno if Milli did the same with TDU Platinum (they are not compatible with each other). If that's not the case, for the sake of understanding you may have to make another TDU install on your hdd and apply TDUCP2.0 for training. See TDUCP tutorials on GitHub. When you master TDUCP, you should be able to enrich TDU Platinum 🙂 

- To make new vehicle visible, you have to:

• assign it to a proper Car_Id in car physics, which has to be unique value
  • make sure Bnk1.map file (ultra map) has been updated to make TDU accept new bnk file names
  • locate slot (=Item in car physics data) into a dealer (or v-rent)

And sure many points I've forgotten.

Besides, a tutorial (written by @Tob-Racer if I remember well), details the process manually. Although things have evolved since then, I think it's always a valuable information to help understanding how mechanics are.

You may also ask questions in 'School of modding' thread, as it's beyond TDUF scope 

And... good luck! 👨‍🎓

Yes i did. Platinum have 10 Default Cars added, each with 4 set of rims and 20 base colors, and they all are already added inside a dealer, all you'd need to do is edit those, as people have been doing since ever. Replace the files, edit the physics and the rim size if necessary. 

• 3 weeks later...

i cant use this tool and need a help.
i always get this error "source database file does not exist"
my log records;
00:13  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: D:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase
00:35  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: D:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase
00:14  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: D:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase
00:15  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: D:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase

tduf.JPG

Hello, I've been using TDUF for quite some time now but there's a problem recently, even if I reinstall java, it still persists, I get this message in cmd:

...Starting Database Editor...
Java version "1.8.0_211"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)

Editor failed, can't continue. Changes won't be applied.
Please check DatabaseEditor.log in logs directory for details.

Press any key to continue . . .

This is the log:

Exception in Application start method
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at fr.tduf.gui.common.javafx.application.AbstractGuiController.getWindow(AbstractGuiController.java:45)
    at fr.tduf.gui.database.stages.ResourcesDesigner.lambda$init$0(ResourcesDesigner.java:29)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$177(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$178(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$152(WinApplication.java:177)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    at fr.tduf.gui.common.javafx.application.AbstractGuiController.getWindow(AbstractGuiController.java:45)
    at fr.tduf.gui.database.stages.EntriesDesigner.lambda$init$0(EntriesDesigner.java:30)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$177(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$178(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at fr.tduf.gui.database.stages.FieldsBrowserDesigner.lambda$init$0(FieldsBrowserDesigner.java:30)
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$159(LauncherImpl.java:182)
Caused by: javafx.fxml.LoadException: 
file:/C:/Users/user/Downloads/TDUF/tools/lib/tduf.jar!/gui-database/designer/MainDesigner.fxml

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.constructLoadException(FXMLLoader.java:2601)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2579)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2441)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.load(FXMLLoader.java:2409)
    at fr.tduf.gui.database.stages.MainStageDesigner.init(MainStageDesigner.java:26)
    at fr.tduf.gui.database.DatabaseEditor.startApp(DatabaseEditor.java:14)
    at fr.tduf.gui.common.javafx.application.AbstractGuiApp.start(AbstractGuiApp.java:29)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$166(LauncherImpl.java:863)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$179(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    ... 1 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Trailing char < > at index 0:  
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.Paths.get(Unknown Source)
    at fr.tduf.libunlimited.common.configuration.ApplicationConfiguration.lambda$getPathProperty$2(ApplicationConfiguration.java:161)
    at java.util.Optional.map(Unknown Source)
    at fr.tduf.libunlimited.common.configuration.ApplicationConfiguration.getPathProperty(ApplicationConfiguration.java:161)
    at fr.tduf.libunlimited.common.configuration.ApplicationConfiguration.getDatabasePath(ApplicationConfiguration.java:35)
    at fr.tduf.gui.database.controllers.MainStageViewDataController.resolveInitialDatabaseDirectory(MainStageViewDataController.java:422)
    at fr.tduf.gui.database.controllers.MainStageController.init(MainStageController.java:144)
    at fr.tduf.gui.common.javafx.application.AbstractGuiController.initialize(AbstractGuiController.java:30)
    at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2548)
    ... 14 more
Exception running application fr.tduf.gui.database.DatabaseEditor

Somehow this is too technical for me to understand, please help explain it for me, and how to fix it?

Edited by Ztryka531