We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2VPE Release

binbow

So can you edit the F2012 or not? I really want to edit it and make it fast. If not, can someone give me a mod link to a good Formula 1 car that doesn't have buggy cameras and stupid engine sounds?

VPE will not be able to edit the vehicle there is no data. It is a matter of course.

I was able to edit the F2012 Formula 1 car several times. It works fine for me. The VPE shows everything and allows you to change parameters. I did something crazy one time. I doubled the horsepower and changed the transmission gearing so it would do 400mph! lol But it got boring after a while and I imported my default backup to it to make it normal again.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. Under Brake Performance where it says Balance %. Is that % to the front or rear?

I love the Ferrari F1 car but it's incredibly front brake happy and likes to slide straight with the slightest touch. I would like to fix that myself if I may. (Or maybe you know of someone that already made that car better with a few adjustments?)

It currently is set to 70% so I would assume that 70 front/30 rear? Maybe if I adjust it 5% at a time until it feels right.

Quick question. Under Brake Performance where it says Balance %. Is that % to the front or rear?

I love the Ferrari F1 car but it's incredibly front brake happy and likes to slide straight with the slightest touch. I would like to fix that myself if I may. (Or maybe you know of someone that already made that car better with a few adjustments?)

It currently is set to 70% so I would assume that 70 front/30 rear? Maybe if I adjust it 5% at a time until it feels right.

Yes you're right. It is front/rear, I think.

I found out that some of the car factors may not be presented in VPE. For example, the handbrake on unfinished vehicles can lock up the rear wheel but there is no option in VPE to lock the rear wheel of a released vehicle. If I export the data of unfinished vehicles and import it to a released vehicle, that specific vehicle would lock the rear wheel when I hold the handbrake.

I added some models to my game via VPE. It is interesting that there might be torque distribution in vehicle data and it is not yet presented in VPE. when I change the drive system to all wheel drive, some vehicles, especially those unfinished ones, would be likely to spin their front or rear tire separately instead of spinning at the same time. I tried to compare those data in all items but I can't find the value that determine the distribution.

So binbow are you still working on VPE? Would you like to engage further investigation on it? :D

I found out that some of the car factors may not be presented in VPE. For example, the handbrake on unfinished vehicles can lock up the rear wheel but there is no option in VPE to lock the rear wheel of a released vehicle. If I export the data of unfinished vehicles and import it to a released vehicle, that specific vehicle would lock the rear wheel when I hold the handbrake.

I added some models to my game via VPE. It is interesting that there might be torque distribution in vehicle data and it is not yet presented in VPE. when I change the drive system to all wheel drive, some vehicles, especially those unfinished ones, would be likely to spin their front or rear tire separately instead of spinning at the same time. I tried to compare those data in all items but I can't find the value that determine the distribution.

So binbow are you still working on VPE? Would you like to engage further investigation on it? :D

Hi Bro.:)

In the subsequent investigation, it was found that d116 is the value of the torque balance. It plans to prepare the item to be able to change the value of the torque balance in the next release.

About handbrake:

d43 is the hand brake slip ratio. Please try to check the value of d43.

In addition, a value "braking100-0" is described in d151, and in unreleased car it is often set to 0. It is unclear whether associated with the hand brake though.

I have 6 questions, please respond in the same format to keep things simple:

1. Does "torque @rpm" mean that's when the torque is highest, aka what you input on "torque (NM)"?

2. Is there any way to make a VTEC like tune, so when you get to, lets say, 5000 rpm, it has a jump in power?

3. What is "engine damping" and "engine inertia", and what will raising/lowering the value do?

4. Does changing "engine size (cc)", "engine position", or "engine type" actually change anything?

5. It seems that the only value that changes the cars power in game is the "torque (NM)", does the horsepower not do anything?

6. When I let off of the clutch, the car goes to 0 rpm but doesn't turn off the car, it just accelerates as if it didn't happen, even if I hold the throttle wide open and release the clutch. Is there any way to make it like a real life manual car, where the take offs are smooth? And yes, this happens to every car, not just the ones I edit.

1. "Torque @rpm" is the rotational speed can be obtained "Torque (NM)". The item name "Torque @rpm" might be confusing. Do you have any good item name ideas?

2, 4. Please try to make sure yourself what happens.

3. Please try to imagine the flywheel. If inertia is small, the engine speed will quickly drop at uphill.

5,6. TDU2 program seems to have been made to that kind of behavior.

You could make it "max torque @ (box) rpm", same with power, just "max power @ (box) rpm". Also, could you explain how one would make a VTEC like effect?

I see. I will consider to change that item name.

About VTEC; Program to calculate the behavior of the engine of TDU2 does not have a mechanism of VTEC. So it is unreasonable to talk to try to achieve that function. You may be able simulate the atmosphere of VTEC engine by adjusting the inertia and damping .

---

How is the manner of such indication of the item?

[ATTACH]26525[/ATTACH]

Hey binbow, having a slight problem with VPE, when I start up the program I get an error saying the specified file cannot be found, and there are no cars/values to edit, I then get an error that says TestDrive2.exe could not be found, it says to check the root folder but when I check each time, TestDrive2.exe is in the root folder, and I have set the folder correctly in the programs settings, what could be causing this? Any idea how to fix it? Screenshots of the errors and stuff are here:

[ATTACH]26534[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26536[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26537[/ATTACH]

Hey binbow, having a slight problem with VPE, when I start up the program I get an error saying the specified file cannot be found, and there are no cars/values to edit, I then get an error that says TestDrive2.exe could not be found, it says to check the root folder but when I check each time, TestDrive2.exe is in the root folder, and I have set the folder correctly in the programs settings, what could be causing this? Any idea how to fix it? Screenshots of the errors and stuff are here:

Please try followings.

Once delete the folder where you installed the tdu2vpe include tdu2vpe.exe. After that install tdu2vpe again to newly created folder. I think, tdu2vpe_ini.xml might broken.

BTW, file size of TestDrive2.EXE seems so small. Is the file normal?

@AudiR8V10:

I found that it fall into similar situation If forget to press the "Save / Exit" button, after changing the "Root folder". In that case, that error can be resolved by rewriting the contents of "TDU2RootFolder" on TDU2vPE_ini.xml. I will fix this at the next release.

Matter of the file size of "TestDrive2.exe" seems to be another problem, I think.

Hi Binbow, can you also make it so that we can adjust the tire size ourself? I mean keep the re-calculate option there! But for some reason if i increase the GTR rim size, the tire size dosnt match and we can not edit it because it is locked!

With regard to the size of the tire and the rim, the analysis is not yet enough. Perhaps, I think that there are other files that describe such as the size of the tire. But, I do not have enough skills/times to analysis. :sorry:

Oh damn i understand! Of course there is no rush with it man. It is already a amazing tool. Would it be possible at all to unlock the 2 rooms for manual insert of the tire size, but keep the re-caluclate option for like a ruff estimate and then manualy adjust on the eye? For me that would be amazing! Also im a gfx artist, i could make a cool new lay out for you if you want me to? If so just pm me with what you need! Im happy to help out :D Keep it up!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! I have a problem.

I have the db_data.cpr replaced with a backup that I made upon freshly unpacked TDU2. Now crashes every time TDU2VPE if I want to load a car. I already TDU2 reinstalled, unpacked and TDU2VPE reinstalled. The problem is still there!

Can someone help me?

Is there any error message?